It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Issit just me or...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
do the people who post the most outlandish claims, requests or questions, always seem to post in a "run on sentences" kind of style?

I don't know how to put it but the impression "schizo" or "ADD" kind of comes to mind.

Anyone else has that impression?

Oh and oddly a lot of times, in these type of posts, the posters refuse to capitalize their i. They would use "i am" and not "I am".

Just me?

[edit on 20-1-2009 by postmeme]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
One should be somewhat careful what one says here - or anywhere in the Internet for that matter. The moderators rightfully don't approve of negative remarks about members of ATS, specific or general.

Some off the cuff observations having been here a few weeks and checked out some other conspiracy sites.

To start with, literacy in general is low these days. One must also factor in that a lot of people who post are not native English speakers. Add to that a general haste and lack of concern for precision, punctuation, etc. Much of what you read is composed at typing speed and sent off.

That would not be terrible if that were the only problem. A lot of young people, a lot of misinformed people, a lot of racist people, a lot of people with some angry agendas seem to gravitate to places like this. My impression is that paranoid schizophrenics worldwide with Interent access and keyboards have found a sense of community for themselves at conspiracy-minded sites.

This is an interesting phenomenon in itself. I’m constantly amazed at the negative spin put on almost anything and the complex interconnecting of events and names that people can come up with. It’s like live theatre.

Unfortunatley the less informed and more gullible are susceptible to believing almost anything if it’s repeated and rehashed endlessly.

More I could say.

To balance this out, there are a good number of thoughtful intelligent people who do contribute here, and that makes it worthwhile and often informative.

Mike F

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by postmeme

That's people for you. Some are more intelligent and have received a better education than others. For some, English is a second language. It is also flattering to ATS that people feel they can air, and get other opinions for, something that the usual media wouldn't print.

I've never seen an Alien, or a UFO, or been abducted; but it must be frightening for people who have either genuinely experienced these things, or think they have. There are many here who adopt the 'If I can't see it, it doesn't exist' mindset, whilst others keep an open mind. There are too many examples of such phenomena worldwide for them all to be hoaxes, or all those who experience these things to have a mental condition.

I am not a lover of the small 'i' texting style, or of the no paragraph style either, but if it means somebody gets the matter off their chest in the ATS arena, then I'm all for that. In the process there may turn out to be some new information or proof of these happenings.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by postmeme
do the people who post the most outlandish claims, requests or questions, always seem to post in a "run on sentences" kind of style?

I don't know how to put it but the impression "schizo" or "ADD" kind of comes to mind.

Anyone else has that impression?

Oh and oddly a lot of times, in these type of posts, the posters refuse to capitalize their i. They would use "i am" and not "I am".

Just me?

[edit on 20-1-2009 by postmeme]

Yeah those types of threads bug me. You know what other types of threads bug me? The ones that are posted in the wrong forum.... like this one.

This thread does not belong in "Paranormal Studies". It belongs in BTS. The "Chit chat" or "Rant" forums would be appropriate.

Perhaps you could have posted in the "Questions and info" forum on ATS, but that would be a bit of a strecth.

Either way it does not belong in the "Paranormal studies" forum in any way shape or form.

By the way, there is a typo in your title and you used incorrect grammar in the sentence "Anyone else has that impression?" You should have said "Does anybody else have that impression?" It should not be "Just me?" It should beIs it just me?

It's a bit ironic; Making a thread about bad posting habits only to post it in the wrong forum , have typo's in the title and use incorrect grammar, all in an effort to point out others bad posting habits.....

That really was Ironic and hypocritical of you.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

new topics

top topics

join