It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kenyas HOPE - Hopeless

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

I just read this piece on the Kenyans over in Africa thinking Obamas going to help them. Its kinda sad to think that these people really hope that Obama can help with electricity/ water. Just think how those big hopes will soon be dashed. I really wished someone would of told these people that they can be proud of Obama but he really can't give them the things they need. I hate it when someone builds up hope into a group of people then it changes to hopelessness. You can't help but feel bad for these people living in poverty that we , in America , can't even imagine. They have their hopes up for a guy that probably won't even be able to do half the things he promised Americans he can do. I don't feel sorry for the Americans that belived all the hope crap but to bring hope to people that only want the basics in life , it's just wrong.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
You are looking at the reasons why his term(s) will be a failure. Not because he can't do everything he promised but because he went and pulled at peoples heart strings.

Honestly it sickens me that people put so much faith in a politician. I'm still trying to explain to myself my disdain for Obama. Maybe it is because I know he stood up there and pandered to these people just to get votes and now I'm going to have to hear how Bush's sucks for 4 more years because Obama can't live up to the hype.

I mean I wish him the best don't get me wrong, but I really don't see the difference between him and Bush. All I heard on the campaign trail is spend spend spend and get out of this war so we can put more troops in this war.

Brings me to a saying that we are taught in our teenage years, "Don't believe the hype."

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
To be honest with ya.... I think Obama has every intention on not just helping Kenya, but a lot of the impoverished world. Looking at the economy as it stands, I have no idea how. But Obama expects us to foot the bill.

Have you ever heard of Obama's "World Poverty Act"? Don't feel bad for impoverished nations. I believe we are in the process of joining them.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

I have noticed in the past 6 months or so and increase in the number of pleebs here spouting the "poverty in the US is living in the lap of luxury in the truly impoverished parts of the rest of the world" rhetoric. The first time I read that I thought it was an odd thing for someone to say as, obviously, poverty is poverty and though poverty in the developed world may differ from poverty in the 3rd world it seemed very wrong to take a position advocating raising up the impoverished outside your own country at the expense of lowering the quality of life further for the poor in your own nation. Now it is beginning to make sense that it is clearly going to be a phrase we'll hear more and more often and it makes me wonder which man behind the curtain developed the concept for release into the sheeps' lexicons.

top topics

join