It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your life Art

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Some times there are many emotions running through my heart

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

The Blues, wonderful music. Definitley in your heart no doubt.

Are there any other songs on youtube that best describe you?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
www.matiklarweinart.com...

This painting is by Mati Klarwein, some will notice it as the album cover of Miles Davis - Bitches Brew. Both the painting and Miles music tell much about my being and have also changed my life a great deal. There is endless art I admire, respect and love, without it I would cease to exist.

Also this poem by Edgar Allan Poe has much to tell:

Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
Thus much let me avow-
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream;
Yet if hope has flown away
In a night, or in a day,
In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of the golden sand-
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep- while I weep!
O God! can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?
-------------

Great thread!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Please don't think that I am self absorbed, nothing could be further from the truth. I just feel that my own art would reflect who I am better than someone elses. I love to paint on canvas as well as photos. This is a photo of me that I did some painting on...a lot of my work depicts tears...but that is me...I am a tender soul.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

Both the painting and Miles music tell much about my being and have also changed my life a great deal. There is endless art I admire, respect and love, without it I would cease to exist.

I to would ceae to exist without froms of art, reading, music, poetry.

I love the painting, i interperate, To be a symbol of Equality, and the hardships of being misunderstood.

But that is just my view of it. I have never heard the music, perhaps i will have a gander of it on youtube.

Is all that we see or seem But a dream within a dream?

My Favorite line in the poem.

Great thread!

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I have to answer this two part:

The first part of my life is totally described by this painting...

www.johnpitre.com...

Done by John Pitre and named "Restrictions". At one of the lowest points in my life I was in a doctor's office and this painting hung on the wall and something about it called to me. I did not know the name of it. But because I could connect to it with all my being I asked the doctor about it and he told me the name...and I instantly knew why it was reaching for me. That was me...so desperately trying to free myself of the restrictions that were pulling me toward my death. I was..in fact...reaching for my personal salvation to live my life.

This is how I express myself now (note it has been my avatar here for several years). It is, again, a John Pitre piece...it is called Humanity.

www.johnpitre.com...

I feel it expresses my desires because I so want to be an uplifting force to the humanity that surrounds me, fills my life, and makes such a difference in every experience I have. I pray every day that I am upholding and uplifting the humanity I interact with.

[edit on 1-22-2009 by Valhall]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Please don't think that I am self absorbed, nothing could be further from the truth. I just feel that my own art would reflect who I am better than someone elses.

Of course not, i encourage art from the poster,

I myself would paint my own art, Yet I lack talent. I am beter at expressing my emotions through other means like music.

I love to paint on canvas as well as photos. This is a photo of me that I did some painting on...a lot of my work depicts tears...but that is me...I am a tender sou

You are stunning, and so is your artwork. It looks so real, and yet it has a artistic quality to it, hard to describe.

You look so sad. Tender soul indeed.

You wouldn't happen to have more art you could post, would you?

I would love to see more.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

At one of the lowest points in my life I was in a doctor's office and this painting hung on the wall and something about it called to me.

The first painting, i can relate to.

Feel like reaching out to the heavens, shouting gods name, yet no one answers, but the answer was there all along.

I feel it expresses my desires because I so want to be an uplifting force to the humanity that surrounds me, fills my life, and makes such a difference in every experience I have. I pray every day that I am upholding and uplifting the humanity I interact with.

Another magnificent piece. Sometimes all you need is a small piece of art to pick up ones spirit.

That is why art(in all of it's glorious forms) is very important.

Thank you for sharing.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Are You The Favorite Person of Anybody?
by Miranda July

I absolutely love anything this woman produces. In this 4 minute short film John C. Reilly plays a man on the street asking the question, "Are You Anybodys Favorite Person?" with mixed results. It stars John C. Reilly, Miranda July, Mike White and Chuy Chavez.

Miranda also created the independent film Me and You and Everyone We Know which I highly suggest. She recently released a book of short stories titled No One Belongs Here More Than You, which I also adore. She has several small videos released on her website and a few other creatively driven publications.

[edit on 1/22/2009 by stonespiral]

[edit on 1/22/2009 by stonespiral]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I'm feeling my star sign today....
Love this pic!!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by stonespiral

Very interesting i should look up more of her stuf, thanks for the vid

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Wow, today i have seen so many pictures, in which describes 2 sides. Sync!

Thanks for the wonderful photo!

[edit on 22-1-2009 by darcon]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Thank you! Here is one of my faves. Its a simple piece really. Its my vision of what a baby bigfoot looks like!

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Greenize]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

LOL, that is such a funny picture. pretty imaginative

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

I get a kick out of it, and I don't know why out of the hundreds of paintings that I have done that this one remains one of my faves. I think maybe because it is so light hearted. That is unusual for me...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Perhaps that s why you like it so much, it stands out the most in your collection.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

I think that you are correct. My avatar is one of my paintings, so yes this one is rather whimsical for me...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Yes, it seems that one is the oddball in your pieces.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I'm not exactly sure but this piece of music shaped my whole aesthetic.www.youtube.com...
California, cool, hip, Everything I make from ceramics, jewelry, prints, sculpture, paintings reflects this mood.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

One of my favorite toons, i love this song. I actually didn't know he made it, thnx for the link!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join