It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An incresed interest in science and physics.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I was just wondering if anybody would be so kind as to share a few websites which explain some of the different aspects of the 'big bang' and relativity and such, in simple layman terms.

I have little in the way of education, was never given the opportunity to further my education past the high school level, though I refuse to allow that fact to keep me an ignorant oaf.

Just looking for a few good stepping off points, aside from Wikipedia because I really don't feel like falling, once more, into the Wikipedia vortex. You begin researching string theory and half an hour later you're reading about the origins of ketchup.

Just recently watched Carl Sagan's cosmos so my brain is begging for more informations.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Monger]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I too would love to learn more about science and physics, but it is very hard for me to grasp. I am currently trying to read Stephen Hawkings
"The Illustrated A Brief History of Time & The Universe in a Nutshell ". I thought it would be a nice start, I have heard good things about him. So far he is an excellent writer, and really puts things in a way you can understand. Even then, it is hard for me. I try to encourage my kids and young people to take an interest in these topics.

MBF

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
See if this helps any. My first physics test in college, I got a 54. When I saw it I thought to myself, what the hell have I got myself into. Then I looked around and saw what the grades of the other people were around me and was proud of myself. It is not a field for everybody, just for somebody that is determined and is willing to work hard. I loved physics, but hated the tests.

www.colorado.edu...

particleadventure.org...

www.physorg.com...

I hope you can find something useful.

new topics

join