It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor said "The Next President tries to be the next Lincoln" Is there any doubt Civil War is

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
Dude. You already have an opinion about this subject obviously. You judgment is made and set into stone. And I can assure you my belief in this phenomena is twice as strong as yours.

Yes, I have an opinion and your belief in Titor is far more than double. In fact, I have NO belief whatsoever.

Instead it would be very cool of you to sit back and chill. You made your opinions very well known and those other titorites out there are proly not gonna be swayed either if they still buy the story today right?

Right! Cognitive Dissonance is alive and well in this thread! Sit back and chill? Cool for who? Those who wish no opposition?

So why not sit back and enjoy being amused by this thread with a less negative and sarcastic tone.

I'm here to deny ignorance, not for amusement. Are you?

IRM

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Obviously you haven't researched this as much as you say. If you had, then you would be aware of the notion that time travel creates parallel universes. This is the only way to prevent paradoxes, and it also explains the dissonance between timelines.

Even Titor mentioned this.

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Uh oh, there's the over used ATS catch phrase again. This very phrase prevents individuals from thinking outside the box, and in turn prevents any sort of new "knowledge" from arising. Interestingly enough, it seems to be referenced most by those that have trouble breaking away from the intellectual norm. Deny Ignorance!

The intellectual egotism on this board is really sickening. Bash me all you want, but it will be in vain.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Aleilius]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

reply to post by InfaRedMan

Dude. You already have an opinion about this subject obviously. You judgment is made and set into stone. And I can assure you my belief in this phenomena is twice as strong as yours.

How do you gauge your beliefs in this phenomenon?! Do you have
data to back up the twice as strong factor.

With that in mind it does not make sense to go back and forth trying to sway each others opinions.

I thought ATS was set up to debate, which would result in some back and forth swaying.

Instead it would be very cool of you to sit back and chill. You made your opinions very well known and those other titorites out there are proly not gonna be swayed either if they still buy the story today right?

Sit back and chill?! Your claims of how John Titor was correct on those
things were open to interpretation. I think he is simply noting that you
FAILED at providing any information to back up your claims.

So why not sit back and enjoy being amused by this thread with a less negative and sarcastic tone.

Perhaps he could, but sometimes things deserves sarcasm, especially
with the topic of Titor...

Off topic: Titorites?! holy cow that's funny!!!

pheeeewww.
hahahahaaaaa

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleilius

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by Aleilius
Uh oh, there's the over used ATS catch phrase again. This very phrase prevents individuals from thinking outside the box, and in turn prevents any sort of new "knowledge" from arising.

Though it may comfort you to think in this way, you're wrong. I think outside the box all the time, and I welcome new knowledge but Titor does not even come close to qualifying. Since when is bunk knowledge? Way to raise the bar man!

Interestingly enough, it seems to be referenced most by those that have trouble breaking away from the intellectual norm.

According to who? You? Are you suggesting that Titorism is the pinnacle of intellectualism and those that don't believe as easily as you do are stupid?

So you consider yourself to 'breaking away the shackles' of intellectual normality by believing the fanciful words of a stranger without a sliver of proof? Without one scrap of empirical data? If all the great thinkers in history thought as you do, we'd still be dragging our knuckles on the ground.

You have just as much reason to believe the moon is made out of cheese!

The intellectual egotism on this board is really sickening. Bash me all you want, but it will be in vain.

If by 'bash you' you mean discredit, we don't have to. You've already done an outstanding job of that yourself my man!

IRM

[edit on 20/1/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Always something to keep an open mind about.
It is possible that there are many possible futures, and Titor was from one of them.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Titor was on a different world line, of course things may be a few years off.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
you think that the president of 2009 being an african-american would be a milestone in history,so why did'nt this Titor character call it.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ho chi minh

Because he isn't African American. He is European-African-American. Equal white & black. Too bad we can't all just be Americans like MLK wanted.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

The man is debating. A sarcastic tone is not present as far as I can tell.

Here's a tip to everyone on ATS:

Don't present your opinions or facts unless you are prepared to be countered. I am tired of all of you whiners. Seriously. Accept that there is going to be debate or don't post.

It really detracts from a thread when you attack someones tone rather than what they are saying.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleilius

There has to be a balance when 'denying ignorance' or else it sways too far one way. If everyone accepted Infra's opinion and tried to debate with him instead of lashing out because he is making sense then there would be a great debate.

Don't get mad because you can't express yourself and your opinions as well as someone else can. That means you must gain more knowledge, whether that be how to type or how to reason.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by GreyFoxSolid]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Also-

The Titor story is an interesting ones for a lot of reasons. He did say some compelling things, but as Infra has pointed out there is no definitive data or evidence. This does not, however, take away from what the man behind Titor seemed to be trying to get out-

If we don't change things fast then there may be a heavy price to pay for our ignorance.

Infra, cheers to you for using the phrase no matter how 'overused' some think it to be. It just goes to show who's priorities are where.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
You know, I always say it's best to keep an open mind on things unless there's conclusive evidence. This is a prime example of where that saying just doesn't fit.

The genius of Titor is that, although his divergence theory is enough to make you disbelieve him, it's always just enough to be possible.

He got a couple of things deadly wrong, but in my honest opinion, he seems to have had a couple of things deadly right.

The question here by is: Do I keep an open mind or not?? I guess I'll just have to give him the benefit of the doubt and keep an open mind, while at the same time knowing there's a likely chance it's a load of crap.

Anyways, it's still interesting, and imo, no reason to shut the OP out because you personally don't believe it. Well, maybe me neither, but I'd still like to read the post, if you don't mind

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
does that mean he also intends to get shot in the face?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Thepart of this "John Titor" story I find interesting is,there is a legitimate lawyer in Florida that was hired by this "Titor" characters real family to represent them.
They claim to have met their son from the future and he and his younger self interacted.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by calcoastseeker]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
As for the Olympics, they did come and go for Millions and Millions around the world as they shut off their TV sets and denied the sponsors, never in my life have I seen that. I have a picture of myself holding the olympic torch from years ago, I have been a big fan of many of the sports, but this time? NO! I was too worried about Tibet.

As for timelines, they have shifted since his last visit, so a few years off only works in our favor to buy us more time to change the destiny of our planet and our species.

S@F for you OP.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
What he tried to compare Lincoln with was that in the time of such an event such as a civil war the President in 2005 tried to hold the country together meaning Just how Lincoln did in the Civil war. Frankly i dont think how clear you can be if you are making a point about the future civil war and you happen to use president Lincoln as a comparison i wouldn't strike me as a prophecy because that's what Lincoln did he tried to keep the country together and who wouldn't keep the country together in a time of a Civil War? Very easy to say things like these!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Where2Hide2006

Yeah, this guy was definitely off by 4 years. I also see that you've misquoted John Titor. It's difficult to prove because I deleted all the original stuff I had, and after performing a web search, it looks like I can't find it. I deleted the stuff that I had after realizing some MIB type folks were after me because of it (I swear, and they still drive me nuts, 4 years later).

But I could swear, that in the real deal stuff that hasn't been altered and cropped, that he said it was the president in 2009 that tries to be the next Lincoln, not the one in 2005. I'll continue looking to see if I can find any originals on the internet with that line in there... so far no luck.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I really want to believe in this John Titor character but the logic is always failboat. When the pieces don't fit everyone tries change wording or give him wayyyyy too much leeway in his "predictions/past history for him." He also plainly said the 2008 Olympics would never happen. They clearly did. And when he is wrong you can always chock it up to "oh it musta been a tangential timeline or a parallel universe." Cmon. His accuracy is about as good as a weatherman's and they get paid to be wrong all the time.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Please wikipedia the guy! Totally debunked! Prophets aren't ever self proclaimed. People who are considerd prophets are labelled so by historians. It's your choice if you want to believe it......but honestly this is a hoax. You have no proof, he had no proof. You ars making excuses for a guy who has never tried to back his mistakes up and dissapeared.
If you believe him, without proof, then why not believe me when i say hmmmmm that i'm your real father and that i'm an alien which after a night on the tiles boned your mum. When I realised I was gonna get stung for child support I paid some tramp to be your dad. Now thats upto you to disprove. Until then TITORITE I shall call you son. I can change and twist my story to fit whatever evidence you might have. Basically you're my son! Even if your female.....I could explain that away too.

DENY IGNORANCE
DONT BE SO GULIBLE

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Eisenhower in 1959.

And I didn't look that up. I was born in 87 and I knew that. It's not that hard to know your history. If Titor's presidential prediction was that noteable, why couldn't he get the dates correctly? I think that guy is mental a man with Dissociative Identity Disorder. Look it up.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join