It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama American Inauguration 09

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandom1
So what is your measure of normality?

And you are basing who and what they are as well as how he will do based on LOOKS!?!?!?

You are the epitome of everyone of his supporters, seriously, you have absolutely no solid ground, no substance in that reasoning.

What a sad, sad day.

-Lahara

of course you judge people by the way they look first! he's pretty much a "cool" guy as opposed to most of the past presidents who had a stick up their butts. he is also educated, he knows how to give a good speach and how to get what he wants by pushing the right buttons. he's a great politician and he's an inspiration to many.

of course Hitler was also charismatic, but then JFK motivated people to go to the moon. i'm saying he has a family and from watching him dance with his wife tonight it looks more like they are newlyweds and tonight is their wedding!

he also has the potential to make the average people think about their lives, about their marriages, about how to be nice to each other rather than "my way or the highway" crap.

just imagine all the black boys and men who up to now were sure they would never have a future. from now on they may think twice before committing their first felony or doing anything stupid which would assure they wont have a future. it may even make it cool to be smart again as opposed to the current view of being the cool guy who doesn't wake up from drunken frat parties and sex orgies!

i mean seriously, it's a disgrace how smart people are viewed in today's pop culture! smart guys are all nerdy and geeky and ugly and unskilled. and smart girls are portrayed as drunken whores who put out and enjoy a good gang bang!

i think the Obama family can show America that you CAN be a woman and you CAN have a career and you CAN have kids. and you CAN be a black guy who is successful. and you CAN have a marriage that lasts and you CAN love and respect each other even after many years of being married!

it's not about being an "obamabot" it's about understanding what this means to several generations from now on. the inspiration to stop feeding foreign oil terrorists and instead use that big uninhabited desert to make solar thermal energy and use that yellowstone to make geothermal energy and use those windy areas to put up some turbines... it all comes to inspiring people to evolve so that we get over this primitive mistrust. we are one nation regardless of color or politics! so lighten up and try to see the positives instead of getting all worked up and buying more ammo...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monger

Originally posted by Beege24He must be feeling an aweful lot of pressure to turn this country around...

As well he should be, but I fully believe that Obama has what it takes to put America back on it's rightful throne as the sole superpower.

I can't conceive of any possible situation where Obama's presidency could be any worse than Bush Jr's.

I can't either... However, there are some people out there that think this one man will solve all our problems. I agree that he will do better than Bush no matter what, but let's not forget the size of the mess he has to clean up. I think he must be under a great deal of pressure to please everyone. It's going to happen that way.

Anyone that expects a quick fix or a fast turn around will be sadly let down. It's going to take some time and patience to let Obama get done everything he needs to do in order to make a noticable difference. I think he WILL make that difference, but not as quickly as some people are expecting him to. It's just not realistic.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

Does that include Hitler and the Neuremburg rallies?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Well,all the pomp and circumstance is over now,y'all I feel this will be an interesting ride to say the least Obama has a mandate let's see if he's either allowed or is willing to use it.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSecret

So I suppose you are sided with the racists?

You just judge people by the way they look?

Geez man, you really need to do some soul searching, we here on ATS who support Ron Paul don't support him because "he's a cool looking guy", we support him because of his policies, because of what he believes in, because of his voting record (meaning he did'nt just vote "present" just about every time), because he wants to bring real change, do something about the FED and cut government spending, he would have been the only man to truely get our liberties and freedom back, he was a big threat to TPTB though, that is why he never got elected.

People like you are what makes this world a more dangerous place, judging people by the way they look, you are no better than the KKK.

-Lahara

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRandom1

Read your history. There were no tv's or world wide web back in Hitlers time. The reason people followed him was because they were all starving, plus the SS would kill you if they did not like you. Jim Jones was a so called religious leader. These are very different senerios in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Congratulations America for finally making it past adolescence.

It was an awesome experience to live through.

Good point we as a country are very young and because of that youth can stop on a dime and do a 180 and change and I hope that is what just happened with another peaceful transfer of power.

Let the world see that.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bpg131313

That’s just the digital copy of the “President’s Book” They got tired of hiding the real book so they just put it on a disk.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I think people are so used to a Bush presidency that they equate it to Bush. So no matter who is in office, they have a dire outlook regardless.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Question Fate

Good point we had 8 years it will take people a few weeks or months not to have such a quick knee jerk reaction.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
If this person was truthfull and had a moral bone in his body I would say "great"If he had an ounce of experiance or had people in his cabinet that did not come from corrupt politics I would say "great",if there was hope that this empty suit might do anything other then what he is told to destory this country I might say "great" but I feel that he is only going to destory what is left of America and become an emdarrassment for the black people who have put so much hope in Obama.

If Americans learn a leason from this and start thinking for there selves and not let race and hatered for Bush cloud there judgement then America will come out of this stronger then ever and the 5 year olds of today won't have to save there country.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Stunning photo from 'geoeye' satellite during the inauguration.
Warning very large file just over 50 megabytes.

It is almost breathtaking to see millions and millions of people scattered around the capital mall.

here is the link to the image.

www.foxnews.com...

the link is half way down the page.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by wiredamerican]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PammyK
reply to post by TheRandom1

Read your history. There were no tv's or world wide web back in Hitlers time. The reason people followed him was because they were all starving, plus the SS would kill you if they did not like you. Jim Jones was a so called religious leader. These are very different senerios in my opinion.

I think you should read history a little more as well, people had news papers and radio, radio was pretty popular back then, word got around about stuff.

Jim Jones is the same thing though, a leader, a man who was able to inspire people, there's no difference, it's the same thing, if you are able to inspire people with words or actions, then you are inspiring people, did you have to google Jim Jones btw, lol, I get the feeling you did.

Hitler had radios and newspapers, Jim jones just had his church, a man with just a church lead a bunch of people to suicide, now let's see what tragedy a man with all of todays technology is able to do, we will see I guarantee you.

-Lahara

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I just can't believe what I'm reading here!

This is supposed to be conspiracy-board, isn't it?
So what do you know about it?

You really think you elected Obama?
You really think he will do anything else than following the agenda of some very intelligent guys in the shadows?
You really think "they" would let a free man rise to power?

What have you people been doing for the last couple of years?
Exposing the NWO?
Exposing the extend of the powers that be?
Exposing mind-control?

When it comes to Obama it looks to me that all these things are forgotten and some of the posts here could be from celebritylover-forums.

I can't grasp how one could think that everything will change now. "Of course it will be better than bush", you say?
Maybe on the surface, I'll admit that.
Maybe we'll have a UFO-disclosure (I don't think so)... But do you really think that the leaked info won't be filtered?
You think that a disclosure will leak more info than that which we are supposed to know about?
You think the men who are in control will now be taken over by Obama?
You think these good changes that Obama will bring aren't beeing signed by "them"?

Just wondering...maybe there's a really good explanation for this...

[edit on 21/1/2009 by zolom]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join