It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama American Inauguration 09

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
We raise an army of 40,000 and spend almost a quarter of a billion dollars and he can't even take the oath of office correctly? I think he did it on purpose.

Why is he not signing the executive order to bring the troops home tomorrow? Why isn't he closing Gitmo today?

Why with the wave of his hand is there not peace in the middle east? The economey is getting worse and the market tanked below 8000 and he hasn't even been in office one day....

So much for the "Chosen one lable"....

Worst in History and he just took office. Shows how much faith the world really has in this "player

[edit on 20-1-2009 by northof8]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by northof8

So much for the "Chosen one lable"....

Worst in History and he just took office. Shows how much faith the world really has in this "player

[edit on 20-1-2009 by northof8]

Pretty sure that label was applied by ultra-conservative radio talk show hosts. And yes, the link shows INAUGURATION DAY STATISTICS. Of course he just took office. Way to read.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Congratulations America for finally making it past adolescence.

It was an awesome experience to live through.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Uh, Obama said the oath right. It was the judge that messed it up and he had to correct him which caused a slight pauge: blogs.abcnews.com...

No big deal though and it was a great speech after. Long live president Obama!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by northof8

It was the judge that got it wrong during the oath. Obama just paused and had to correct him because that chief justice said the phrase wrong. Get your facts straight. ABC news actually wrote about it and there's no doubt: ABC news: Whoopsie! Chief Justice Jumbles Obama Oath

No big deal anyway but a bit odd that a chief justice got it wrong there... maybe because Obama didn't vote for him?

it was a great speech by the president after though.....

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Shades1035]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HugmyRek

Dooh! I didn't even think. Could the sash have been a gift from the presidential first grandmother???

I'm sorry...what a thoughtless comment. In which case, quite fitting for the inaguration dress. I wonder if they keep those things in a cabinet-for tours, history, ect.
In which case it did look better at the after motor cade reception speeches.

Am I supposed to eat this foot??

I'm ashamed people acted that way towards the Bushes. Very glad I missed that portion of the programming.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by HugmyRek]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Roberts did it on purpose!!!

No way a Chief Justice forgets the words by mistake....it is written in the Constitutuion for crying out loud.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

You are acting like you actually believe officials read the Constitution. That’s cute, do more people believe this.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I think he and everybody up there was just nervous plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Roberts did it on purpose!!!

No way a Chief Justice forgets the words by mistake....it is written in the Constitutuion for crying out loud.

I agree he couldn't wait to say Hussein!!! Obama handled him well.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Here's the transcript:

ROBERTS: Are you prepared to take the oath, Senator?
OBAMA: I am.
ROBERTS: I, Barack Hussein Obama...
OBAMA: I, Barack...
ROBERTS: ... do solemnly swear...
OBAMA: I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear...
ROBERTS: ... that I will execute the office of president to the United States faithfully...
OBAMA: ... that I will execute...
ROBERTS: ... faithfully the office of president of the United States...
OBAMA: ... the office of president of the United States faithfully...
ROBERTS: ... and will to the best of my ability...
OBAMA: ... and will to the best of my ability...
ROBERTS: ... preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
OBAMA: ... preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
ROBERTS: So help you God?
OBAMA: So help me God.
ROBERTS: Congratulations, Mr. President.

UPDATE: It's worth pointing out that Chief Justice William Howard Taft, who had been President himself, also flubbed the oath when he was swearing in Herbert Hoover in 1929. When Taft administered the oath, he said, "preserve, maintain and defend the Constitution," instead of "preserve, PROTECT, and defend." So where Roberts flipped a couple of words, Taft substituted an entirely new one.

January 20, 2009 | Permalink | User

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
look BEYOND his color, because i know as well as i'm sitting here, that many of you cannot stand the thought of having a BLACK (no need to color it, no pun intended) president. That is correct and i dont care how you all try to cover it up, some of you cannot take it.

How about it? Is anyone here in the mind frame of giving this man a chance?
This man deserves a chance, just like any other man.

Are you serious? NOBODY GIVE A SNIP ABOUT HIS SKIN COLOR!

Seriously, you Obama supporters are the MOST racist folks I've ever seen, anytime someone says something negative about that shill you folks scream "It's because he's black!!!1!!1!!!!!!ones!!!!!", nobody gives a flying flip if he's black or not (even though he's half black, but I guess that's black enough for racists like the Obamatrons).

I don't like that charlatan because he's a lying CFR member for one (which I'm sure you know the CFR are the globalist society who wants to create the NAU), someone asked him if it was true the he was a member of the CFR and he said he was'nt but he is, you can see for yourself on there website.

I also don't like him because he's said some very strange things like this whole "Civilian Security Force" that's supposed to be funded greater than the military and larger than the military, not to mention the "Generated Crisis" that all the big wigs have been talking about, other than the doped up Shrub Jr. (I seriously think he's doing drugs again).

Nobody cares about his skin color other than his supporters.

I honestly think Bill Cosby would make an awesome pres, but Ron Paul of course would be the best of all, that man at least wants to do some real change, the change he wants to bring is individualism, not this constant collectivism crap that every turkey leg pres has brought us thus far.

Oh, and that's another thing, Obama is a big time collectivist (AKA Communist), another thing I can't stand about him

-Lahara

[edit on 20-1-2009 by TheRandom1]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
The fact that an African-American is being elected is a great thing. It is truly historic for this country. We know that racism still exists and probably always will, but this shows that it can be overcome.

But...

He wants to continue spending money we don't have. He's for big government. He wants to create more large federal social programs. He doesn't represent the change i want. I feel we are going in a completely wrong direction. Large government has caused our problems...not solved them.

This is Obama's fatal flaw in my opinion. Can he prove me wrong? Possibly..and i'd love him for it.

But reality tells me no, so i guess i'll have to wait for 4 more years, hope the country is still afloat by then, and vote for RP or someone like him.

I know there's many posts I haven't read, but I need to point out that it was the Alphabet programs that got us out of the Great Depression, not scaling back. The WPA, for instance, gave many artists great jobs and helped to beautify the nation.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Agreed he handled it as well as he could, but it seemed to me as though Roberts changed the verbage on purpose in order to confuse and confound Obama, who had obviously been memorizing the correct version and was instantly thrown off.

Maybe it was a parting punch in the nads from the old Bush/Cheney gang. Is it so unreasonable to believe that Judge Roberts would do one last solid for the men who brought him to power?

All I kept thinking was WOW..if he screws up the words or forgets he will be a laughing stock. Turns out Roberts was wrong, but still a tense situation and could have been done on purpose.

Just my opinion as I have no proof, but if you are GWBush or Dick Cheney tell me you wouldnt delight at seeing your enemy stumble in such a humiliating public way?

Edit:spelling

[edit on 1/20/09 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Enemy? He was out. No chance at a return to call him an enemy is a little much. Besides we don't know what Obamas made out of yet. Hopefully it
steel and the changes come.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
i don't care what you all think. he's a very normal guy and he & michelle look great together and have great chemistry. add the beautiful children into the mix and you have a family that looks much better than the average ones! i like the Obamas and i think he's got the charisma of JFK and Clinton and the skills of Lincoln.

and i don't think he'll do anything stupid. after all he has 2 daughters and as a parent he wants what's best for them. and that includes a relatively normal future!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSecret

So what is your measure of normality?

And you are basing who and what they are as well as how he will do based on LOOKS!?!?!?

You are the epitome of everyone of his supporters, seriously, you have absolutely no solid ground, no substance in that reasoning.

What a sad, sad day.

-Lahara

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Inspiration is a powerful force for a people. No matter who the person doing the inspiring is.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

Yes, inspiration sure is, like how Hitler inspired people, or Jim Jones, yes inspiration is powerful.

Just make sure you know who you are being inspired by, make sure you know what it is that they believe, what it is that they are REALLY saying.

Don't be lead astray by some man in a fancy suit chanting Hope, Change and Yes We Can.

It may be inspiration, but that is one of the main reasons why people join cults that end in suicide.

-Lahara

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Now that President Obama is in the White house, it makes me REALLY wonder what Former President Bush left in the envelope on the desk in the Oval Office with a sticky note on it labeled only, "44"? Perhaps a preview of what's to come? Here's the LINK to where I saw the picture (third one down).

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join