It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama American Inauguration 09

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Nice dress his wife is sporting.

I wonder how much that cost? Probably as much as what Palin spent on clothing for her whole family, yet no one here will be up in arms over that.

Who cares? I cant even look at the woman straight... it offends my "sense of beauty". Now Palin... wow... Palin doesnt need a fancy dress, she's just pure charm. You just compare both... I just love Palin and hate the prez's wife

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
you're here and raising issues with it before you even know what it cost, so my guess is a few people will be up in arms.

You're right. Those dresses are pretty inexpensive, since I imagine it's off the rack from Sears.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
i would love to know what the first thing bush said when they took off was.
i thought that obama threw a few digs into the speeh but bush didn't seem to notice, or give a fig.

jerico, i have no idea what price it was, i imagine there is many a designer that would pay her to wear their dress at the ceremony, so if they did pay for it i'ld be surprised.

the price of a dress no doubt pales in comparison to the cost of flying bush down to texas, so eh, who cares.

[edit on 20/1/09 by pieman]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Nice dress his wife is sporting.

I wonder how much that cost? Probably as much as what Palin spent on clothing for her whole family, yet no one here will be up in arms over that.

Oh please..

1. You dont even know if the damn dress is on loan or not, believe it or not most of the clothing you see on famous people at these things are on loan..

2. Nice of you to pick on her and ignore every other female.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
the price of a dress no doubt pales in comparison to the cost of flying bush down to texas, so eh, who cares.

Like the cost of flying them to Texas was anywhere near $170M that the inauguration cost!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate
Oh please..

1. You dont even know if the damn dress is on loan or not, believe it or not most of the clothing you see on famous people at these things are on loan..

2. Nice of you to pick on her and ignore every other female.

Oh please.....

I picked on her since I didn't see Nancy Pelosi.

Who cares about the cost of a dress, since this whole lash up is costing so much. Just a drop in the bucket.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Seeing as we are on the General Conspiracy Discussion page; On the subject of Barack Obama having been elected, I wondered........ What views does anybody have in relation to his being placed into Presidency and it maybe fitting in with the plans of the New World Order?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Yetichi

Ok, we get it. You didn't like his speech. Go away troll.

On a side note, I really do hope Obama brings the change he speaks of, I guess we will just have to wait and see.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
You know I really really want to believe the guy. I really do. I'm not some conspiro-tard who just finds fault for no reason. I like his speeches and his manner. But I have read his policy documents.

I hope that the darker of the groups controlling him lose sway.

If we get through the next 4 years without America starting more wars I will be very surprised and happy.

Remember, no matter what the pretext, no matter how good the set-up is... If Obama continues the aggressive foreign policy, you guys might believe it, but the rest of the world will reject it hard. We are not as easily fooled as many Americans.

If Obama continues an aggressive foreign policy it will be final proof to 6 billion plus people that the US president is nothing but a puppet, and the NWO will be exposed.

Please prove me wrong. I'm sick of this war nonsense just like everyone else.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Ok, I now see this:

Homeland Security issues statement on potential Obama threat

HOMELAND SECURITY ISSUES STATEMENT ON POTENTIAL OBAMA THREAT -- 1030 AM ET -- Statement from a Department of Homeland Security spokesman:

"The FBI, the Department of Homeland Security (including the USSS) and the intelligence community are coordinating with other law enforcement authorities to investigate and analyze recently received information about a potential threat on Inauguration Day. This information is of limited specificity and uncertain credibility. Authorities at all levels are vigorously pursuing any lead relating to this threat information. The Transition Team has been briefed and is fully integrated into the process.

That could explain a lot.

Enough to ruin anyone's mood-- even a President on his inauguration day.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by loam]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Origionally posted by random DressCritic paraphrased "That dress is awful!]

It is a very lovely, nicely tailored, warm dress. The sash though...not so good. The way it hangs and is stiff-probably should be deleted from the outfit.

Love the color.

What lovely presidential and vice presidential fish bowls gifted to the pair at lunch. Will there be a presidential fish?

I hope so. A presidential fish in the presidential fish bowl would be kinda sweet for the presidential kids. As well as a conversational topic. Would really bring honor to the gift.

What else are they supposed to put in it-dead flowers, ice? It's not even statue quality-all high and bartered and professionally chipped and everything. But fill it with a fish and it all makes sense....

Hypoallergenic too.
Waiting on a photo.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I just skimmed thru this thread and i cant believe how ungreatful some Americans are.

I have and hold the highest hope that this is the man who will make things better in this world. I watched with emotion and awe.... And may God bless him and give him the wisdom he will need after the criminals left, it will be no easy task.

BE THANKFUL THAT YOU HAVE A FRESH NEW CHANCE.

BE PATRIOTIC: GIVE THE MAN THE CHANCE TO TRY TO FIX THINGS BEFORE YOU BEAT HIM UP WITH YOUR NASTY TALK.

look BEYOND his color, because i know as well as i'm sitting here, that many of you cannot stand the thought of having a BLACK (no need to color it, no pun intended) president. That is correct and i dont care how you all try to cover it up, some of you cannot take it.

How about it? Is anyone here in the mind frame of giving this man a chance?
This man deserves a chance, just like any other man.

I am not an American born citizen, but a naturalized one, and i am proud today to see the change. I feel blessed, and i will pray that this man is representing himself in a true light.

I say good riddance to Bush and Lon Cheney, and all the past evil doings of this deadly duo, and the booing of millions at their sight today was more than justified.

May life be rewarding in EXILE. Because that is where they are going.
I hope it was all worth it to them to kill hundreds of thousands of people.
They have to live with that the rest of their miserable lives.

Give Obama a chance. There will be plenty of time later to form an opinion, but for now, i feel blessed.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I know I am going to get heat for what I am about to say. Oh well. It has to be said.

To many this was the greatest day in modern history. This was a day of inspiration. This was a day of hope and change for many.

Why tarnish such a day with boos and jeers when GW took to the stage? Why chant and sing when his helicopter leaves for the last time?

This was the ultimate display of a lack of class and lack of respect that I have seen in ages. The crowd just couldn't hold it back for a couple of hours. Pretty sad when you consider the grand scale of the day.

Way to stay classy to all cheered and jeered. You are a pathetic example of what has happened to this country. You have all been brainwashed by the MSM and have lowered yourselves to the MSM standard of a lowbrow, idiot mentality. Congratulations!! You are now right where they want you.

In sports we always shake the hands of the opposing team after the game and congratulate the winner. Call it good sportsmanship, sucking it up whatever. We save the BS and griping for the locker room.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I do not care what color his skin is I am only stating that he is a politician. He is as corruptible as any man and I do hope that he is going to be the change that America needs. But he is still just a politician that is going to be hounded by big business to look the other way for a price. Like I said earlier in a year or two I will know if he is the same greedy breed with nice words. Or a man that is truly for the betterment of America. I hope and pray that it is the later, but only time will tell.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

he was an idiot and he screwed the country he was supposed to lead while shafting countries he couldn't find on a map, people were very, very, very glad to see him go. i thought the fact that boo's and jeers were all that the crowd threw at him showed a great deal of restraint and class.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I had to see the entire ceremony. I have wondered whether this day would be fulfilled or not. Now that it is over, its just a process of back to doing what we as citizens are empowered to do...day by day, question and support the government that we have to live with.

I just came from the Whitehouse.gov site. They got that place up and running for the new administration in about an hour of his oath. I am tempted to save down the pages with his agenda just to see how many of these things he actually follows through with.

I didnt vote for him. I didnt have any faith in him actually making it this far. As a skeptic, I still have doubts of how long he will actually serve. With all of the people locked up for their plans to kill him, it seems that the backwards minded, ignorants of this country will be gunning for him.

Through my skepticism, I have also always said that I support my country and her leaders. I will do the same for this man as I have for those that have come before him in my lifetime.

At least now we have a clear and empowering public speaker that will most likely not trip over "fool me once" lines to become the laughing stock of the planet.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Who cares about the cost of a dress, since this whole lash up is costing so much. Just a drop in the bucket.

exactly

the dress is a moot point

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Question Fate]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
What does this mean to you the guy on the street? nothing really

What is your expectation? Only 1, better be real clear, ad have undeniable reasons for going to another war.

What are your worries? How taxes will be handled.

Will this be the change that we need? Only time will tell.

Meet the new boss same as the old boss? Most likely, but more emphasis on the boss before last.

I ask America and our global neighbor’s was he the right choice?
Again only time will tell.

My life has never been dramatically effected by the change or duration of any past President. I imagine that this trend will continue, I will work, pay taxes, and enjoy family time, video games, and movies. Rather simplistic living, but none the less everyone I know does the same.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rightuos

You have answered wisely you may pass my child

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join