It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama American Inauguration 09

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Yetichi

well everybody has a right to their opinion and thats yours

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I'm sorry, I just have to say it again.

Obama does not look happy. Why is that????

Just looked at another image with him walking Bush out of the Capitol. Same odd expression.

EDIT:

There are some smiles, but after each one comes a deep sigh...

Watch him closely.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by loam]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Yeah he is looking at Bush and thinking
Your Done! Now leave!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

No.

He has been sporting a dour expression since arriving at the Capitol building.

Even now he is frowning. He should be beaming.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Well... now he will have a very VERY boring day, talking to everyone, noone's going to leave him alove, yadda yadda yadda.... I wouldnt be too happy either...

Tomorrow I would be better tho

Oh and btw... nice wheels you got for the prez!!! that thing looks almost nuclearblast-proof... wow.. special tires and all.

EDIT: oh and the speech... oh well.. nothing special. Nothing like Lincoln, JFK or Luther King... sure this speech wont go into history. Its a "normal" speech... without much grandeur.

Hes saving that one for World War III
/jk

[edit on 20-1-2009 by MilitieTempliSalmo]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MilitieTempliSalmo

After watching him for more than a year during what I'm sure were many boring moments, he never looked like today-- except when he was pissed about being attacked.

He has that expression now.

Remarkably, he looks like a different guy.

Moreover, I can't shake the image of Bush's expression either. (I've seen that one a few times before.)

I can't be the only one noticing this, can I?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I thought the speech was great.

However, looking at all those criminals (ex-Presidents, etc :flame
dampened the mood considerably for me. The best conspirators constantly use double-speak, hitting key buzzwords, to give the illusion that one thing's happening, while the exact OPPOSITE is what's actually happening, behind the scenes or otherwise.

Obama can swear to uphold the Constitution (btw-what do you think about his bungling the oath?), but that oath doesn't mean anything when the Constitution has been quietly suspended, not to mention his higher oath to the Masons.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

He may be realizing that he is not the savior people think he is and he knows he is going to let a lot of people down. Not trying to down him just stating my opinion like I said I do hope and prey he can bring the change.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Its a complicated day... can you imagine his level of anxiety? Maybe he just took a bunch of chill pills to handle the day... its a huge amount of emotions (at all levels) for him to cope with alone.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Barack Obama Inauguration Speech Part 1

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

So during the election race was not an issue, yet now that he is elected black is back?

Amongst the hoods he is refered to as high yellow, that means both black and white, so it was the white man running and the black side that got elected? Why doesn't his white side get any credit, his black father dumped him and his white grandmother raised him. Shouldn't all blacks look into their own families at this point and ask themselves what they have been doing wrong for the last 40 years?

I like how they call him a moderate...lol

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
speaches tend not to be great in their totality, only certain phrases in a speech which prove memorable in retrospect. JFK's "ask not what you can do for your country" shtick wasn't the entire speech. the "i have a dream bit" is remembered but not many know what that dream consisted of, exactly. this speech wasn't the best speech ever, but it might be a great speech, it'll be a few weeks before we know.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MilitieTempliSalmo

Do you honestly believe that?

Yesterday, he was boasting about how he never sweats....

Today, different story, according to you.

No, I'm not buying it.

But if you are right, I wonder how he will wear the stress of the office when something meaningful beyond his inauguration actually occurs.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Yes we all cry for different reasons and hell we are all entitle to that is our choice.

But looking at so many people in Washington all hopeful and full of dreams, wanting a leader that will bring the change they want just can not stop me from feeling their feelings and wanting to hope.

Because I also have hopes, once in a while I feel that hope of a better America, and America that is still the best nation in the world and a leader and example to all nations.

Is that so much to hope for? we may have many reasons to cry for and yours obviously to you is a valid one and I respect your reasons.

My is just about hope.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Nice dress his wife is sporting.

I wonder how much that cost? Probably as much as what Palin spent on clothing for her whole family, yet no one here will be up in arms over that.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Is not that he was not happy but just the immensity of what is happening to him that got him during this one time experience.

I felt that he looked solemn in his moment of historical page.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

you're here and raising issues with it before you even know what it cost, so my guess is a few people will be up in arms.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
this was much more one of his campaign speeches than a inaugural address. the guy who spoke after him had more poignant and powerful words.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I'm sorry, I just have to say it again.

Obama does not look happy. Why is that????

Just looked at another image with him walking Bush out of the Capitol. Same odd expression.

EDIT:

There are some smiles, but after each one comes a deep sigh...

Watch him closely.

Becasue Obama now knows the truth...the truth that is kept from all of us, including him when he was just an unknown Senator. Now that he is in the hot seat, he is told everything, the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth...so help us God!!!

He knows now all of this is a fasad, a fake world, a game...a trap. He knows now that there is no easy fix, no easy way out, and no end to the game. Now he must play that chess piece he has proudly taken the role of, and play the game well..otherwise...check mate.

Wait about 3 or 4 months...the script writters and dress em uppers will train him and hone his facial expressions, body language and speaking skills into what they want him to say...like a puppet on strings, he will have to play the game..and he knows now that its not what he thought it would be.

Thats why you see a different Obama, a different face, a different expression.

All of the presidents have gone through that. It is just that over the years, as things have gotten worse and worse, their expressions also became worse.

A new face in the White House always looks the same on the day of inauguration....expression-less and highly concerned.

The truth has been exposed to 1 more. And 1 more is now playing the role for the puppet masters.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Congratulations to president Obama. Great speech.

According to ABC news though, the chief justice said the words in the oath wrong though causing Obama to hesitate for a second: blogs.abcnews.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join