It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MLK assassination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
As this is Martin Luther King Day i would like to bring up the issue of his assassination. I was not alive during the Civil Rights Movement, but he remains one of my personal heroes for his clarity of thought, defiance to established powers, eloquence, and uncompromising vision of a United States free of not just racism, but poverty, war, and sexism. He is an American Hero, a true prophet of our times. But like all great prophets, he paid the price.

On April 4th 1968 a single bullet hit King in the throat. He collapsed and asked Ben Branch (a musician) to play "Take My Hand Precious Lord" at that nights church service. He was declared dead at 7:05. Riots broke out across the nation.

Two months later, James Earl Ray, an escaped convict with a history of petty crime was arrested in Heathrow Airport in London. He was quickly deported back to the United States and confessed to the crime to avoid the death penalty.

This is the official story.

Now I've always been once to doubt the official story, and judging by the fact they you're reading this you aren't either. I would like to open a discussion on the death of one of the greatest leaders this nation has ever seen.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This is the transcript of the Jowers Trial, where the King Family sued Lloyd Jowers for wrongful death. They won.

www.thekingcenter.org...

new topics

join