It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S Air force said this about UFO's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
33.6 CONCLUSION

From available information, the UFO phenomenon appears to have been global in nature for almost 50,000 years. The majority of known witnesses have been reliable people who have seen easily-explained natural phenomena, and there appears to be no overall possitive correlation with population density. The entire phenomenon could be psychological in nature but that is quite doubtful. However, psychological factors probably do enter the data picture as "noise." The phenomenon could also be entirely due to known and unknown phenomena (with some psychological "noise" added in) but that too is questionable in view of some of the available data.

This leaves us with the unpleasant possibility of alien visitors to our planet, or at least of alien controlled UFO's. However, the data are not well correlated, and what questionable data there are suggest the existence of at least three and maybe four differnet groups of aliens (possibly at different states of development). This too is difficult to accept. It implies the existence of intelligent life on a majority of the planets in our solar system, or a surprisingly strong interest in Earth by members of other solar systems.

A solution to the UFO problem may be obtained by the long and diligent effort of a large group of well financed and competent scientists, unfortunately there is no evidence suggesting that such an effort is going to be made. However, even if such an effort were made, there is no guarantee of success because of the isolated and sporatic nature of the sightings. Also, there may be nothing to find, and that would mean a long search with no profit at the end. The best thing to do is to keep an open and skeptical mind, and not take an extreme position on any side of the question.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This report is taken verbatim from the United States Air Forces Academy textbook, "Introductory Space Science, Volume II, Department of Physics, USAF." This is the volume that was being used by the Air Force Academy, at Colorado Springs, Colorado. The Air Force Academy pulled this volume from the curriculum in the early 1970's, because of the controversy it generated.

Graham

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Anyone have a pdf copy of that handbook?

thanx

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I've never gotten the "unpleasant" remark in that text. Why would ET visitation have to be considered unpleasant? I'm sure to some people it is, but that text makes it sound as if everybody would hate that possibility which is entirely untrue.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   

This leaves us with the unpleasant possibility of alien visitors to our planet, or at least of alien controlled UFO's. However, the data are not well correlated, and what questionable data there are suggest the existence of at least three and maybe four differnet groups of aliens (possibly at different states of development). This too is difficult to accept. It implies the existence of intelligent life on a majority of the planets in our solar system, or a surprisingly strong interest in Earth by members of other solar systems.

Well, duh... I'm almost done making a mech suit, and I hear of another guy who is just starting one, I'm gonna be interested. A 'galactic UN' of sorts knows of this race evolving on this planet in such-and-such solar system, milkyway galaxy, and they are gonna be interested... we could pose a possible threat to them. Being more advanced than us, I'm sure they have hundreds of planets in our galaxy alone on their list of "evolving intelligence to be watched"!

Kinda funny, don't you think, that the Air Force would even put something like this in print? If it were not true, they wouldn't put it in. If it were really only a possibility, I don't believe they would put it in either, but rather have a section on 'possible trick of the eyes' or something. Just my opinion. Rather, they put it in print with a philisophical backing of the possibility, and a overtone of 'come up with something more logical than a flying saucer'.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
interesting... but so this version is no longer used?

OT: can i browse my past posts?

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I've seen scanned versions of this document somewhere online, but until I find it here's an HTML version.

cufon.org...

my comment: I wonder where they get the 'almost 50,000 years' from. As far as I know the earliest historical accounts of UFO-like phenomena are found in Vedic literature about 4000 years ago. If they found prehistoric evidence 50,000 years old what the heck could it be? Dated alien artifacts? Skeletons? Rock and cave art depicting flying saucers and ETs? Genetic markers?

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
What happened on Earth 50,000 years ago? Who are these so-called 'aliens'?

Human first came to Australia
www.abc.net.au...

Humans first came to the Americas
muweb.millersville.edu...

First modern-men dispersed from Africa to regions around the world
life.bio.sunysb.edu...

Genetic studies trace the most recent common male ancestor of all humans to this date range. Studies show the female ancestor common to all humans at a few thousand (60,000 entry) years earlier. Many genetic studies and recent archaeological data point to this [era] as being that of first human appearance.
www.geocities.com...

First modern human behavior
www.sciencedaily.com...

Scientists Rough Out Humanity's 50,000-Year-Old Story
www.zurichmednet.org...

new topics

top topics

join