It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which President was WORSE than BUSH?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Which president was WORSE than BUSH? that's a question I've seen few times if ever, I'm not a Bush supporter and I don't think he was nearly one of the best presidents but how many people think he WASN'T the worst? who was? Maybe he was the worst but I don't agree.

I'd say the following were worse than Bush.

Lyndon B. Johnson --- For things he did that have yet to be unclassified, he was much more involved in Watergate much more than people currently know.

Jimmy Carter --- Just don't like the guy, promised disclosure on UFOs and we got ripped off, of course the guys in charge didn't like him either that's why he couldn't disclose but I still don't think he contributed much as a president.

I am going to expect 99% of the replies to be 'nobody, bush was by far the worst', I don't base my best to worst on what the news tells me.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Woodrow Wilson. Signed us all into slavery.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Ask me that after the first term of the new one comming in.

2nd line.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

None!!....He's been a bad smell on humanity!!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Tough call considering the current state of the economy, but I would still give it to Carter. The Carter years were even more of a nightmare than the ones we're living through now.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Tough call considering the current state of the economy, but I would still give it to Carter. The Carter years were even more of a nightmare than the ones we're living through now.

You know as bad as Carter was, alot of credit he is due does not head in his direction IMHO.

He was responsable more than most for the downfall of the Soviet Union. Once he went after them on the human rights issue it really killed them

He was actually strong on defence. THe naval expansion, the MX missile, stealth were all started on his watch. Many of the systems that Reagan gets the credit for were started under his administration. The B-1A was canceled because of the development of the Stealth fighter.

On the domestic economy side he was a disaster though I have to agree but I would still rank him ahead of Bush and Johnson

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
They are all horrible. They are all controlled by the same group. The only reason we didn't hear much about the other presidents' mistakes was because the internet and alternative news weren't big.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by bobbylove321]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Franklin Peirce 1853 - 57 didn't do that good of a job.

Andrew Johnson who took over for Lincoln was almost impeached by one vote.

Nixon may have brought the most shame.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigvig316
Nixon may have brought the most shame.

Nixon did for sure but he did have some strong points and he was a president is a really transitional time in US history (Post Vietnam) Plus thawing the relationship with China (Even if it was to use against the Soviets)

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Franklin Pierce the 16th Pres and GW Bush's Great Great Great Grandpa was horrible...I guess some things run in the family...

Woodrow Wilson who essentially had a big hand in putting our country where it is today.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
John Tyler.

Never heard of him? Me either. He was our 10th President.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
worse than bush? hmmm tough call.

lyndon B Johnson? vietnam reasons but a lot of that was just a mess that himself and others were caught up in, and wasn't it johnson who entered about 250,000 troops into vietnam after kennedy's "advisors" or was it a lot more? saying that Rusk and McNamara could be placed with some blame.
not too well informed about vietnam but it is a topic i am currently learning about.

Hoover? rugged individualism in 1929? that just didn't work in those times of poverty.

[edit on 20/1/09 by RuledBySecrecy]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

You have two of the three worst presidents well the third was James Buchanan (1857-1861), Bush still have not earned its place yet historically.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Off the top of my head and in no particular order, the following were worse:

1) Jimmy Carter
2) Richard Nixon
3) Warren Harding
4) Herbert Hoover
5) Lyndon Johnson
6) With the notable exception of Lincoln, there was a whole string of miserable ones in the in the mid/late 1800s.

I think you can also put Gerald Ford and GHWB at or near W's level as well.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by vor78]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
andrew jackson wasn't a saint, but i guess he was...good for "America"

so does that make him a worse president?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Worst president ever:

Lincoln - Destroys the original Constitutional Republic under orders.

Jon

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'm not American or an old-timer to have lived under all these presidents (Obama would be the 4th) but judging from what I've read online and historical texts.....

Nixon would have to be the worst and Bush would be a close second. Nixon was a crook, contrary to popular belief and his most infamous quote
Lincoln gets an honourable mention and participation ribbon.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Portugoal]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Richard Nixon comes to mind at the moment.

Watergate, missing tapes etc... "I am not a crook"... then resigned his post.

Although to his credit (If I recall correctly) He did pull the troops out of vietnam.

George Bush is fresh in my mind though.. leading a war that was every bit as disasterous as vietnam. Just farting around. shooting a few here and there not really doing much.... I wont go into to much detail about Bush though as I trust you know the kind of things he pulled anyway.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Andrew Johnson who succeeded Abe Lincoln was the worst. Johnson was quoted as saying "This is a nation for white men and as God as my witness this will be a Government for white men". Was trying to undo everything Lincoln did to free the slaves. Escaped impeachment by one vote.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Voxel

Funny how everyone, including himself, is likening Obama to Lincoln.

I guess this means a suspension of habius corpus, invasion of a state or two by federal forces, internment of American citizens...

Woo-hoo! Lincoln!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join