It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has this ever happen to anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Im new here and thought the stuff everyone on here talks about is interesting.There has been a few times where im sleeping and its like i want to wake up and i cant and i cant move my arms or legs. When i try to it feels like im awake but my body isnt.There has been this time before where woke up and didnt want to open my eyes because felt like someone was over me and i was scared to and i couldnt open my eyes.I dont know if i was dreaming this or what but its weird.

[Edited on 10-4-2004 by Sw0le]

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
it's called sleep paralysis...many people experience it at least once in their lifetime. If it is a constant problem, i believe there are medical options but i don't know for sure, since this has only happen to me occasionally and i never considered it a problem.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Yes, it could possibly be sleep paralysis. However, there have been times when I would be laying or sitting and I felt some part of my mind take over and I just could not move.

I am sure this wasn't any physical problem but quite possibly my mind attempting to displace itself from the body. Forgive me if this sounds little sane, but I'm just theorizing ^_^

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I dont know what it is.It just felt like i was traped in my body and i couldnt open my eyes or move or anything.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sw0le
I dont know what it is.It just felt like i was traped in my body and i couldnt open my eyes or move or anything.

That's extremely interesting. Were you consciously thinking about what was occurring?

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
i have never had anything like that. i always saw a being or entity before i realized i was paralyzed. whenever i learned the broad spectrum of medical terms related with this phenomana i was initially relieved. i have now intensely researched all avenues and the relief is now removed. i believe my experiences were beings that were amidst my evironment due to the period or time in my spiritual progression.
we have extremely limited perception in relation to the Ultimate reality. for example we cannot see gravity, uv rays, sound or many other things that are proven to exist yet we have no confirmation of them with our perception. but there is not a single doubt that these forces and culminations are taking place around us every single second of every single day.

i purpose that so are there many actual entities and beings filling every hallway, corridor, and room, just as does gravity and sound waves yet they are not visible to the human eye.

but tomorrow morning is the celebration of a birth is it not? maybe we will gain a few additional perceptions.

lol

The Order of Cain

[Edited on 4/10/2004 by panchovilla]

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Its hard to explain but its like i wanted to wake up but i couldnt and i kelpt asking myself why i cant wake up.When i tried to move arm i was thinking why isnt my body moveing.It just felt like i was in my body wanting it to do something but it wasnt doing it.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I had something similiar happen to me a couple months ago. I was lying in bed with my eyes semi open, ready to get up. I tried to roll over on my side but I did a full 360 degrees and ended on my back again, I was like WTF? am I still sleeping, I tried 3 more times and did what felt like a was moving but I really was not. I tried to move my hand it front my face it felt like i was moving it but when I realized my hand was not there but still on the bed I then realized I was not fully awake kinda felt like I was trapped there so I trie to roll and again I felt my self do another 360 and I noticed the pattern on my ceiling was different. Thats when I knew I was dreaming. I then willed myself awake. When I awoke I had a dull pain in my lungs when I inhaled. Really weird.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   
It has happen to me just a few times.The other thing that happens is i feel like something is close to me and i cant open my eyes and i think im scared.I cant remember much of it hehe so its hard to explain.I know u said u barely had your eyes open but when it happen to me i couldnt open my eyes or move or nothing and i kelpt trying to but couldnt and im thinking to myself why cant i move and i think i got this feeling that ask someone to help me but i cant remember.It was like my mind is awake but my body isnt.There has been times where i wake up to and i think i see something go cross the top of my room but after i have my eyes open for like 3 sec it goes away.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
One time about a year ago i got up one night to go to the bath room and while i was walking threw the hall all i remember was hitting the floor and was wondering wtf just happen.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sw0le
Im new here and thought the stuff everyone on here talks about is interesting.There has been a few times where im sleeping and its like i want to wake up and i cant and i cant move my arms or legs. When i try to it feels like im awake but my body isnt.There has been this time before where woke up and didnt want to open my eyes because felt like someone was over me and i was scared to and i couldnt open my eyes.I dont know if i was dreaming this or what but its weird.

[Edited on 10-4-2004 by Sw0le]

Yes it's definately sleep paralysis. It's happened to me also once before where i woke up blind and unable to move for atleast 10 minutes.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I also get the dreams where you wake up, look around your room and somethings seems odd, put you can't quite figure it out. So you walk to living room and everything is so different you realize your dreaming then suddenly your back in your bed. This time your sure your awake, but after awhile you notice something odd like your wall is a diffrent, then your like oh crap I'm still dreaming. Then i would repeat this process a couple more times before I actually really do wake up. What weird is that I actually sneezed in a dream before, and never woke up until I relised the volcanoe outside my house. LOL.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Let it be stated that this is a quote from my posts on an intersting past thread by Panchovilla called, hps or demons
SP
When you fall into the stage known as rem sleep, your body becomes paralyzed so that you do not act out dreams. This happens every time you enter REM, though most often you are not aware of it. At times, especially in times of exhaustion, you fall asleep quicky and enter or wake from this stage immidiately, you become aware of the paralyzed state. Your chest feels heavy, you may experience a sence of "vibration" which can be quite severe.
You believe your eyes are open, they are not open. You see your surroundings as you almost would if your eyes were open. BUT you manifest a being of some sort. This manifestion is your mind giving you a reason for your body being paralyzed. There is an immense sense of terror accompanying this episode. You try to wake up and scream but you cant move, you cant talk. You may hear a buzzing or crackling sound or see flashing lights....... sound familiar?
HAHA it sucks right.
Ill post some information on this frequent natural occuring phenomenon that many people equate with:
incubus succumbus attacks
demon possesion
alien abduction
you name it

Kristine

profile find posts send U2U

xxKrisxx

Location New Yawk

Mood: ahhh yawn
Member is on ATS now.

ATS Points: 953

posted on 20-3-2004 at 08:37 PM Post Number: 436937 edit quote

heres a little info

sleepdisorders.about.com...

My suggestion,-- being I have been thru it many times many many times-- Is to relax and just let it happen. Being aware of this state allows you to enter and amazing form of dreaming called lucid and beyond that. There are techniques combined with this phenom that allow one to enter into a new state of awareness that is truely amazing. You can induce this state with practice.
mysticweb.org...

Some people believe they see beings in this state. some believe it is are own "egos" appearing. But most teachers will tell you they are harmless as Aztec said

Kristine

For anyone who had only experienced this once or twice, and you dont want to experience it again, just get very regular sleep which helps. I often have them when I am overtired.

Do a googlle search on "hypnogigic hallucination" or sleep paralysis for further insight
Kristine

new topics

top topics

join