It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's YOUR Proposal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
What would you do?

With all this talk about government, and what they are doing to us. I'm not going to give my position exactly on what I think, but I would be interested to hear what YOU WOULD DO.

Let's say, if you were a senator, a cabinet member, or the President, what would you do to put the country back on track. Then how would you convince others to do that, considering mostly people are rather ignorant.

If you were suddenly sprung to leadership, would you take it? What would you do?

If you had the power to change something, what will you do?

I'll post mine after I hear a few.

Happy Trail

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
If I was randomly thrown in to the driver seat I would;

-Fire a hell of alot of government people, reduce the staffing down to 10%, cut there wages by 50%

-Get rid of the CIA, FBI, NSA,FDA, Federal Reserve

-Bring out all the hidden technologys ,use it, base it on peoples freedoms(energy based mostly).

-Open up local oil refinerys( to hold us over until the new energy concepts are finished ie; Wind, solar, Magnetic, titdal, etc).

-Get rid of freetrade and actually make the damn wall on the mexican border.

-release all classified documents

-Stop the "Mediaocracy"

-Teach the Constitution and Bill of Rights to kids and adults.

-Reform FEMA

-Impose Ralph Naders idea of huge fines for corperations

-ALL troops return home and get(along with the 300,000 here) looked after.

Those are just a few. May not be your cup of tea, huge task, but it'd be a hell of alot better then what decisions are being made now that are NOT in the interest of us.

Chance of being shot,HIGH, Probably before I could say yes to doing it, Would I take the risk, You betcha!

[edit on 19-1-2009 by LaHaver]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
My proposal in 45 seconds:

except I wouldn't focus so much on the number 75 in this video.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
First off, there wouldnt be no need to open oil refineries with all that released high tech energy devices..so I would abolish and make oil illegal to use as a fuel.

Second, I would reconstruct NASA and make them go out into space again with manned missions and start the move for public access to space.

Third, I would outlaw overseas investment by big corporations and force them to bring back industrial jobs back into the country so that we cold put America back to work.

Fourth, I would require a change in the service terms for congress. Two terms max, 4 years per term.

Fith, I would decriminalize certian drugs and their use and begin real efforts to help those addicted to it.

Sixth, I would require all imigrants to go through the process of becoming citizens and they would not get anything free, except 1 thing, the chance to go through the process. Also deport any illegals that come through after catching them. Enforce legal charges against any and all employers who hire illegals and hold them accountable.

I have lots more but too much to list here.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Like the ideas

Personally, I would attempt to model old Roman or Greek Democratic models. I would focus much more on eliminating national and federal agencies, and start providing funding for improving and creating local and community organizations.

I would encourage inter-planetary expansion and a reformation of the education system to include training in specific skills and talent.

I would also help bring manufacturing back to the US to employ anyone who is left over to stimulate the economy while compensating those families under the poverty line with federal housing and care (directly, not like welfare).

I would stop all 'talk' about green technology and climate change and DO something about it. I would encourage CCC-like projects to improve America and the use of bits and pieces of Henry Clay's "American System".

I would use the unemployed and give them jobs to improve communities and other 'New-Deal' type of improvement jobs, and free education classes for Adults and children who want more.

I seem really liberal I guess, but I want strict enforcement of natural rights, and the Constitution, while not completely ignoring economic issues.

If your a citizen, you deserve a job and substantial housing, food, water, and needs.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
ON the economy:

1. Tariff the hell out of imported goods and the good produced by American companies overseas. This will give the government the money they need to pay for reinvestment programs without taxing US taxpayers into oblivion. Do this to the point that it becomes cheaper to produce in the US.
2. Return to a sound monetary policy backed by hard valued assets instead of speculated value.

3. ENFORCE MONOPOLY laws. Our anti-trust laws are there for a reason. We cannot allow large conglomerates to corner markets to the point that they drive competition into the ground.

4. Allow failed enterprises to fail instead of giving them a handout that they will just steal from us and never pay back anyway.

5. Foster good employee protections and make sure that production keeps up with wages and vice versa. If we don't do this we will always have to deal with costs out-pacing wages and creating default crises like the one we are seeing now.

6. Eliminate free-trade agreements. Cheap foreign products does not translate into American prosperity, it only eliminates business here in the US that would otherwise be hiring workers to make their products.

7. After all of this get as much foreign investment as possible to finance further growth. The foreign investors will get consistent and REAL returns based on our consistent and REAL production, and every body wins.

8.Shrink government spending and get rid of agencies and departments that do nothing more than drain the people wealth and pass it on to the top of an already imbalanced pyramid.

Other domestic policy:

Eliminate the Fed and the IRS, review and reform FEMA, abolish DHS, and abolish the DEA. I would reform the CIA, and the FBI and make them play by the constitution. Period. I would increase funding for the important things, like education, R & D in medicine, consumer energy technology, and refrain from trying to legislate morality. I would retrain all US police forces with the permission of the states to teach them procedures that follow the constitution to the letter. I would abolish gun laws and guns bans that punish law abiding citizens. And no AWB would EVER be enacted or enforced by me, the justice department, or anyone else. At that level the ATF would be abolished. I would reform CPS. And I would reform our immigration policy ONLY with respect to illegals and not punish or make worse the situation of LEGAL aliens.

On foreign policy.

I would refrain from invading countries and propping up dictators. I would cease all aid to countries that violate international laws like Israel, Saudi Arabia, and China. I would scale back the nuclear arsenal to a manageable size that can be justified as a needed expense rather than a monumental waste. This would give me the trump card needed to ease the worries of countries like Iran, North Korea, and Russia. I would stop the antagonizing of all 3, and find a common ground by which we could build a peaceful world.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: I'd rewrite the constitution to permanently instill me as benevolent dictator MUHAHAHA!
After that its all whims and fancies, baubles and trinkets, cake and circuses, for king(thats ME
)... and country and whatnot!

Personal Disclosure: Hmmmmmm POWER!!! Nice Corrupting POWER!!!

"Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
- Lord Acton

I can feel my heart blacken almost instantaneously.

but...

"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortune of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it, except the pleasure of seeing it."
-Adam Smith
Ah a single hot coal still "glows" somewhere deep in there just ready to bless or burn people with my capriciousness whence my passions be inflamed. To celebrate this "compassionate" nature of mine my 1st order of business as Benevolent Dictator would be to teach you all a lesson not to
me off by installing George W. Bush
as YOUR main idea's man for 4 MORE YEARS.

Personal Disclosure: I TOLD YOU THERE WOULD BE CIRCUSES! my dear
's.... Here have some cake and forget about that freedom you had in those urban jungles as its been
by Fiat from ME, and start
ME ALREADY!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Definitely like your ideas on reforming the economy. I can agree on those points. Sadly, many others cannot.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

I would think that if I were to try and disclose ufo tech and
species, expose secret societies and their role, dismantle the
federal reserve and wage peace I would be shot before
I could even get my objective spell-checked.

It's an interesting question to pose, but too many ramifications
and "what ifs".

My objective would be the death of me.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
1. I'd make every single politician in our federal government take a lie detector test immediately on day one and take another one every 6 months.

2. To become a politician you would have to forfeit ALL earnings by giving them to charity. By becoming a politician you work for the people not for yourself. Salary will be based on average middle class income. No other income is allowed. Full health benefits? GONE. You will get what the average guy gets here as well. The luxury and perks of being a politician need to be stripped. You will live as an average hard working American. Period.

3. There will be absolutely no campaign contributions from outside sources. Any candidate running a campaign will have a set limit set to taxpayers' jurisdiction, as they will be paying for it. It's the only way to keep business and special interests out of it.

4. The government, under no circumstances, shall spend more than 3 years over budget. *debatable

5. Dramatic reduction in taxes to the american people. Income taxes? GONE. Taxes will be placed on goods. The more you buy...the more you pay.

6. Elimination on yearly property taxes. You will pay taxes once on your property. You will not be continued to be taxed after you have payed your house in full.

7. Bring all troops home all over the world. They can be used to patrol coasts and borders...helping to secure our country. This will also save lots of money...save lives...and let soldiers be with their families more often.

8. Dramatically reduce business taxes. I can't think of a better way to get business growing in the US again. Producing products here is a major major need for this country.

9. Disassemble most federal agencies. Intelligence is still needed as defense is important to me and to the country.

10. Any classified information withheld from the public that does not threaten the country as a whole will be released.

Heh...i could go on and on...there are so many things i'd love to change.

Many of you have posted some great ideas. This is the kind of mental mindset this country needs to bring this country back to what it used to mean.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Very interesting thread... I know that no one is going to agree with what I would do.

- I would build a true wall between the United States and Mexico and every few hundred yards have armed guard towers with the orders of shoot to kill.

- I would also put up a similar wall between the U.S. and Canada, in essence blocking us off from the outside world.

- Entry into the U.S. would be completely revamped and many restrictions would be put on those who could come into the U.S. and those wanting to vacation in foreign countries would have to have a damn good reason to do so.

- I would strategically place defense stations on all coastal areas ( this would include but not be limited to SAM missle batteries, sea mines, a relocation of air strips and fighter/bomber craft closer to the coasts)

- I would covertly disrupt major world power government and cause uprisings to overthrow them similtaniously

- Once these uprisings go into effect I would send in covert ops teams to disable any nuclear capabilities these countries had.

- Once this is accomplished I would wage an all out war on the continent of Asia, systematically erradicating Russian, and China as well as middle eastern countries.

- Then I would level the continent with strategic placement of nuclear missles to ensure that America would remain free and the only super power on the Earth.

There you have it, yes my plan to take over the world. Seems far fetched but can be accomplished with the right planning and patience.

-edit- Also I see that many of you put that you would release classified documents and let the truth out. What if there is no truth to release, what if our government hasnt been covering up any UFO conspiracy, then what. I personally would not release this information because it would cause chaos among the masses. This would inevitably lead to the complete denouncing of religion because we are supposed to be the only beings that God has created. With this denouncing of religion, there would be no morality or belief of right and wrong, therefore America would break out in chaos with people doing whatever they wanted. Now is that what you really want. This is the most likely reason that any of the information is with held from us. Because it would cause widespread panic and eventually what I have just stated.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by speed_demon]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by speed_demon

Yeah, except for the wall between the U.S. and Mexico you're not going to find too many here wild about your ideas.
If you ever plan to run for office - let me know.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Yea, didnt figure many people would take a liking to my proposal, but decided to post it anyways. Maybe we could do without the tactical take-over off the world, and just settle to be secluded for a while to work out the kinks within our country. However, I like the idea of America being the only continent and country with the advantage. Makes things so much easier.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
AH, very funny.

It would be very interesting just to mess around if you were put in charge. For instance, just build the wars between us. You could mess around with foreign policy by becoming better friends with Russia/China and severing ties with UK/France..... That would be interesting,

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
1. Arrest and detain the heads of Freddy Mac, Fanny Mae on charges of Treason
2. The TV/Radio waves are through the government owned the state and therefore in theory the people. Media channels pay no taxes on them. They do now.
3. Restructure the IRS. Instead of hammering some little guy because he can't afford a lawyer the top priority are the people who owe more.
4. Repeal Taft Hartley Act.
5. The inheritance tax needs to come back, but in a different form. I'd say it only applies to estates totaling 2,000,000
6. Legalize Marijuana and tax it. Call me a hippie but it would get people out of jail who don't belong there and bring in a big chunk of change. I'd also dramatically scale back the war on drugs.
7. AGGRESSIVE CRACKDOWN ON CORPORATE CRIME AND GOVERNMENT CORUPTION. In any society power is in the hands of a disproportionate few, right or wrong. Some use it for good, others abuse it. Irregardless the betrayal of power is a deep and mortal sin against the people. Taking a page from the news I'd say we put Blogojevich on death row, but pardon him to life without parole twenty minutes before his execution
8. Make the freedom of information act an actual freedom of information act
9. All senators, judges, presidents, ect now work for minimum wage.
10. End the US global policeman fantasy, bring the troops home from Germany and Japan,
11. Rename the department of Defense the Department of War
12. Refocus the education system on producing minds capable of learning and critical thought. I don't mean gut it, just produce people capable o thinking and who know their rights. Also have everyone read 1984 senior year of high school
13. No more missile defense systems that cant work, MK ULTRA, Third World Coups, space lasers, ect.
14. Normalize relations with Cuba.
15. Make Martin Luther King Day an actual holiday with time off and parades and everything. Plus a giant statue of him riding a horse over the bodies of Klansmen and George Wallace. Also establish a national Vietnam Veterans Day
16. Apologize for Slavery, the Native American Genocide, Segregation, Kent State, Colonial Occupation of the Philippines, all Third World CIA coups and send US technicians to Vietnam and Cambodia to remove landmines.
17. War Crimes Tribunal for Bush and cronies
18. Reform electoral process. No more three year elections, Dibold Machines from Hell, bull crap. You register to vote when you're born and put a check next to your candidates name on a hand counted paper ballot.
19. Remove Scientology's Tax Free Religion Status

This would be a pretty good week if I was named Dictator for Life. As I am opposed to dictatorships most of this stuff will never happen, but hey a guy can dream.

new topics

top topics

join