It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

So I guess Bush isnt declaring Martial Law and isnt the next Hitler

page: 3
10
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tide88
reply to post by truthquest
 


I have not be effected by anything that Bush has put into law. You say he destroyed my rights? What rights are those? What has changed in your life that is different today then it was 20 years ago. My life and rights are exactly the same. And btw there is no proof that the NWO even exists. You don't prove something wrong that has never proven to be right. It is like saying aliens exist because there is no proof the dont exist. But by all means, if have proof, please post it. And you can wish all you want about the USA and its downward spiral, but it isnt going to happen. BTW as per my prediction about about the NWO and Obama and anti christ threads, there are already threads starting today on this. Guess I was wrong. I said two weeks. It was one day.
What a joke.


A lot has changed since Bush took office. I notice there are security cameras everywhere on the roadways where I live these days. When Bush took office there were ZERO cameras on the intersections in my area, which is suburban. Basically a lot of things that "you are complete kook conspiracy theorist to believe would ever happen" before Bush took office, are now a reality.

Since Bush took office, I've been probably been getting spied on a lot more, just like you. Since Bush took office, the world has changed from basically loving the USA, with the most famous example being the article French person written "I am an American" after 9/11, to a nation where the world hates the USA, with the most famous example being the article by the same French person writing "I am not an American" shortly after Bush started shooting at anything that moved overseas and had a patch of oil underneath.

Also, 9/11 happened under his watch. 9/11 may not have affected you in any way at all but I'll tell you it has effected me more than any other event. So in that sense Bush has personally effected me a hell of lot more than I imagined any president could.

I refer you to the Patriot Act, along with any passed versions of that make thinking certain ways or expressing certain ideas a crime. I'll be honest, I don't have a list for you ready to go of Bush laws that have effected my life. Maybe I should have done that, and I probably will with Obama since he'll be just as much of a jerk I suspect. But perhaps unlike you my life is a lot about OTHER PEOPLE'S LIVES. So if something effects someone else then I take personal offense as an American citizen who cares about this country.

So, I don't believe its fair at all to say "oh it does not specifically effect you it only effected thousands of others". Well as it happens I do have empathy and when a fellow human is suffering than I may not be particularly happy about it either. Bush has effected everyone in the United States.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by truthquest]




posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
honestly

anyone who believed that

was a liberal

and liberals are (craaaaazy) to begin with....

it doesn't surprise me that a LIB would believe that

fact is, always has been, always will be; The Royal Bush family are very nice people and humble and respectful



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Well, Mr. Bush is gone...and Mr. Obama is here. Yet another peaceful transfer of power has taken place. How many nations can claim the same. With assinations of four Presidents as the exceptions, every transfer of power in American history have been uneventful, no one dies, no violent revolutions, again, how many nations can claim the same? Not many...

I wish both men well, especially Mr. Obama who's got to be like a deer in the headlights at the moment. Such a huge change in his life...

I'll pray for his success, and for our country's.



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
wait...


Seriously...

just what in the hell are we going to do for the next four(eight) years if we don't have Obama to blame our problems on?

Mods, We may want to just delete this thread... afterall, we need to ensure that us CTer's have somebody to hate on for the next presidents term...


oh oh... I know now... Now we'll just fall for the old ploys of Ahminamejahd and Chavez are the next Anti-christ....

Oy...

I hated the hell out of Bush, but I really always though it was just because he was an idiot... Now I know he is, because he had every chance handed to him to sieze power over this country... and he didn't do much but give it his standard try...



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Yeah so i guess Obama will be the new anti-christ, the one to declare martial law,put RFID chips in everyone, put the amero into circulation, install a one world government and all the other stuff that the NWO/illuminati/skull and bones/masons/shape shifting reptilians/devil worshipers/big brother are planning to put into action next week but never happens.
To me it looks like people have been saying the same crap over and over the only thing that changes are the dates its going to happen and the people in charge.
Dont even bother trying to tell me that its going to happen this time because im sick of hearing it.
Oh yeah i was wondering what is the big deal about the RFID chip? Why would anyone do that when over 1/2 the population has cell phones? The new cell phones all have GPS which is WAY more big brotherish than a dumb RFID chip. Oh yeah new cars have GPS too.
So if you buy everything you read online about NWO and Masons then listen to me. They are comming to get YOU the only way to hide from them is to lock yourself up in a cold dark place or smear yourself with garbage and try to cross freeways. If you think you have a chip in you already the only thing that blocks the signal is feces, just rub them all over the top of your head and wherever you think the chip is (sometimes they put them in your teeth).



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Those who said that bush would have hanged on to power didnt hear what he was saying.

He told people that he wouldnt miss being president, actually that he was pretty tired of it. He said he was tired of being in the spotlight with the press etc...

He is actually quite happy to quit.



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by imdeceived
 


Yeah the threads about him not giving up his power all were put up after starwars episode 3 came out



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
In my opinion, this just shows how the majority of the users on ATS fall victim to irrational paranoia and gullibility.

Haha LETS GET READY FOR THE NEXT ROUND OF B.S. PREDICTIONS FOR THIS NEXT PRESIDENCY



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest



A lot has changed since Bush took office. I notice there are security cameras everywhere on the roadways where I live these days. When Bush took office there were ZERO cameras on the intersections in my area, which is suburban. Basically a lot of things that "you are complete kook conspiracy theorist to believe would ever happen" before Bush took office, are now a reality.

Since Bush took office, I've been probably been getting spied on a lot more, just like you. Since Bush took office, the world has changed from basically loving the USA, with the most famous example being the article French person written "I am an American" after 9/11, to a nation where the world hates the USA, with the most famous example being the article by the same French person writing "I am not an American" shortly after Bush started shooting at anything that moved overseas and had a patch of oil underneath.

Also, 9/11 happened under his watch. 9/11 may not have affected you in any way at all but I'll tell you it has effected me more than any other event. So in that sense Bush has personally effected me a hell of lot more than I imagined any president could.

I refer you to the Patriot Act, along with any passed versions of that make thinking certain ways or expressing certain ideas a crime. I'll be honest, I don't have a list for you ready to go of Bush laws that have effected my life. Maybe I should have done that, and I probably will with Obama since he'll be just as much of a jerk I suspect. But perhaps unlike you my life is a lot about OTHER PEOPLE'S LIVES. So if something effects someone else then I take personal offense as an American citizen who cares about this country.

So, I don't believe its fair at all to say "oh it does not specifically effect you it only effected thousands of others". Well as it happens I do have empathy and when a fellow human is suffering than I may not be particularly happy about it either. Bush has effected everyone in the United States.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by truthquest]


So what there are more camera for surveillance. How have those cameras affected your life. Who cares if they are taping you. As long as you are abiding the law it doesnt matter. Those camera's have done a lot more good then harm. Please, give me one example where surveillance cameras affected some innocent person. Okay so you are so worried about other people. Where has the patriot act hurt those other people. I cant find one person I know and havent heard about one innocent person that it has affected. And I am sure it has affected some innocent people, but how many lives have been saved. How many terrorist attacks has it prevented. And to blame Bush for 911 is rediculous. Unless you are one of those loons who think he planned it. He wasn't even in office for 6 months when it happened. No matter who was president the same probably would have happened. But I am sure you are one of those people who blame others for the problems you have, and blaming Bush probably just makes you feel better. BTW cant wait to see the new Obama threads in the months to come.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by tide88]



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
OMG did u guy hear? Obama is the new head of the NWO/mason/illuminati/PGA/reptilian he is also the anti-christ and will bring on World War 3 (it says so in the bible). He will declare martial law and put a mark on all his followers! He is going to unite canada mexico and the US,destroy our constitution and put out the amero. His name is also a masonic symbol because he is a 2012th degree mason.



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Bush and Co are out, Obama's Cons are in. It was a tidy little change of power and the football has been passed.

Now, as one that was concerned that this day may not come, and one concerned that Bush would pull a nasty little power stunt, I have to say I am glad he didnt. I am glad to be on the wrong side of the discussion.

However, just because something didnt happen, does not mean that there was not a finger hovering over a button waiting on the critical events to make all this present time something vastly different.

The war in Iraq is in a stable place. The conflict in Gaza has not drawn the world into its chaotic dispute. Terrorist activities are not as globally rampant as they have been in recent years. Korea is not launching nukes at the coast. Russia and South America are not planning their invasiions.

A lot of things leading up to what could have been a bad power transfer did not happen. I am grateful and plan to move on with my life and hope for a better tomorrow.



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88
 


Okay, I guess I can take off my tin foil hat. No, wait. I need to put it back on because Obama might be the antichrist.




posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88
 


"As long as you are abiding the law it doesnt matter"

Yikes,... sounds scary to me...

Not a road we as a country should continue down...




posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
sry made a mistake.


[edit on 20/1/09 by Pfeil]



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
sry made a mistake.


[edit on 20/1/09 by Pfeil]



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ConservativeJack
 


I'm not a liberal, and to say I wasn't concerned would be a lie.

Frankly, laughing at vigilance in this environment, where much has changed concerning the manner of our governance, smacks of reckless self-assurance, imo.


With at least 6000 years of human efforts before us, the fact we prevail in our freedoms is a miracle all by itself.

Think about that.



[edit on 20-1-2009 by loam]



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Just like all predictions and most conspiracies. It did not happen when they said it would but thats actually part of the plan. Thats the way it goes Republicans will always be "declaring martial law any day now" and ordering FEMA to build prisons while demcrats are always the anti-christ. This crap has been going on since the 50s. But then it was not called NWO or illuminati or any other combo of 3 letters they just called it communisim.
Looking back at history, lets just look at history on ATS. Who gets laughed at the most? The people preaching about martial law, end times, NWO ,WW3 and all this happening any day now, or the people who say shut up and get your facts straight in a much more intellegent and drawn out way? So bush is now gone so all you people with your false predictions were wrong. Israel is taking its troops out of gaza so sorry end timers you will have to wait a few more years because you people get all excited about the end of the world everytime israel starts fighting (which has been every few years since 1947). So whenever one of these things fall through it's still going to happen and nothing ever happens while the skeptics are the "close minded ones"



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

Bush is not officially out of office until after Obama takes the swearing in. The second that is done, then Bush will officially be out of office.



Actually the way the transition works is that the current VP steps down and the incoming VP is sworn in. The the outgoing president steps down. Until the new president takes the oath at/after 12:01 the incoming VP is, in effect, the President. All this takes place at any time prior to 12:01. It has happened as early as 8:00am in the past.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Ahabstar]



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by coastlinekid
reply to post by tide88
 


"As long as you are abiding the law it doesnt matter"

Yikes,... sounds scary to me...

Not a road we as a country should continue down...


The point is we have plenty of freedoms left. And for all the laws that the patriot act has added I cant find one person it has had a negative effect on. Now I am sure there are some, but as I said before there probably are more positive things to come out of it then negative. And the so called horror stories that sites such as infowars post are not that bad. I like the one that is copywrite infringment on the rubix cube.
Homeland Security Agents Visit Toy Store Wow that patriot act sure is taking away people's rights.



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by imdeceived
Those who said that bush would have hanged on to power didnt hear what he was saying.

He told people that he wouldnt miss being president, actually that he was pretty tired of it. He said he was tired of being in the spotlight with the press etc...

He is actually quite happy to quit.


Well he was never really president anyway, Cheney was. He was tired and wanted to quit PLAYING the president more likely.
Thank ever god every worshipped by humanity throughout the ages that they are gone.




top topics



 
10
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join