It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Mankind been Duped into Rejecting The only Redeemer?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

You must search outside of your little jesus bubble, Or you will never see anything beyond it.

Ok, as long as you honestly, look at Jesus again with out your jaded lenses of whatever evperiences have turned you against him.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I love you... Your god does not exist. No one is anwsering you prayers

You don't know that God does not exist and cannot prove it therefore you do not love us, but rather despise us and our faith! At the least you are a liar, more likely a hateful bigot!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
My personal Opinion

Turned against who? Buddha? Satan? Zeus?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallsorts

Love is all, is it not?

No, it is not all love, sorry but Jesus said he and He alone is the Way Truth and the Light, no one comes before the Father but through him. You can only reject his words or accept them, there's no middle ground. No matter how hard you try to convince me it doesn't matter, you will need to convince the Most High who has put the world as Jesus's foot stool, so get on your knees and try your philosphy with him. as for me I put my trust in Jesus.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by racegunz]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by racegunz

Know that i love you. When the day comes that you abandon your ignorance and seek knowledge remeber what i have said here.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Know that i love you. When the day comes that you abandon your ignorance and seek knowledge remeber what i have said here.

Okay, will do, same to you, hopefully it'll work out, but since I'm so ignorant I might just miss it when it happens, look me up on judgement day!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

Originally posted by Amaterasu
I haven't read the whole of the thread, but just had to ask...

Has humankind been duped into thinking the individuals are "bad" and need redeeming?

That would be my view.

I suppose there are prisons full of people that might see that argument as having merit. I can hear them now:
"Your Honor....mankind duped me into believing that I am bad....so I did the crime.....but it's not my fault"!!

Think it will fly?

That is just plain silliness.

I mean, the percentage of people in prison is really a very small percentage. Sure, there are individuals who choose poor behavior. But by and large, we of Human heart are empathetic, sympathetic, kind, concerned, honest, loving beings.

The whole concept that these beings, overall so lovely, need any kind of redeeming is, in my view, absurd. Frankly, I think this was foisted on us as a control device. Likewise the concept that females are subordinate to males, but that's off topic.

I think that we have been lied to.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by racegunz
No, it is not all love, sorry but Jesus said he and He alone is the Way Truth and the Light, no one comes before the Father but through him.

There is another interpretation of that...

He said, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Light," and one might take that to mean... I am... As in through ourselves, the I AM of each one of us, may we come before what he would call "the Father." He may not have been speaking of himself, per se, but of the perspective one must take.

Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by xapata
Sorry if I hit a sore spot. Was not my intention. Observation and accusation are two different things. Observations are meant to shed light and expose weakness in order to help. Happy trails.

Wise men don't need to prove their point;
men who need to prove their point aren't wise.
The Master has no possessions.
The more he does for others, the happier he is.
The more he gives to others, the wealthier he is.
The Tao nourishes by not forcing.
By not dominating, the Master leads.
Lao Tzu

Sore spot? No! Not at all.
What dark corners false pride might be lurking in me, in wait to rear it's ugly head, I welcome being exposed.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by John Matrix]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by John Matrix

I guess the only remaining thing to do is to promise to eachother that we will honestly seek truth for the rest of our lives. You must search outside of your little jesus bubble, Or you will never see anything beyond it.

I promise.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

[You cannot see the light without the darkness. These lost thousands are but lights unto my path. You must commit yourself to seeking truth... not seeking comfort.

I love you... Your god does not exist. No one is anwsering you prayers.

I could flatter myself and say, I could be the answer to yours!!
But that sounds like false pride.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
I'm a late viewer of this thread but I will say this. Part of our fallen state (imho) is spelled out in your reply. Humans look at the Multiverse and place their mundane labels on everything we see. Its just a rock, a leaf, a tree, a fly, a mosquito, a field mouse, a dog, a Dolphin, a Whale, a Star, a Galaxy and we fail to understand that profound nature of the existence of these miracles. Our fantasy is that we -think-a cow does not desire or feel or want or need and we chew up our world resources to serve -our-needs because it is supposed to be that way. We are the chosen etc. etc. etc.

Wrong.

We are not seperate from this world/existence and it is not ours to ruin. We pay the price everyday we when fail to understand our place in this Universe. We are fallen but we may yet stand again when intellect, instinct and spirit resolve their differences.

Sorry for the ramble, my apologies if I offend,

Not at all....good insight! We are stewards of this earth, it is not ours to ruin. We can pay rent, take care of it, and enjoy it, or pay for the damages that we do to it.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by racegunz

I love you... Your god does not exist. No one is anwsering you prayers

You don't know that God does not exist and cannot prove it therefore you do not love us, but rather despise us and our faith! At the least you are a liar, more likely a hateful bigot!

sounds like you two have run into each other before!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

reply to post by racegunz

Or perhaps we will meet in the air soon...before the nukes fly!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

That is just plain silliness.

I mean, the percentage of people in prison is really a very small percentage. Sure, there are individuals who choose poor behavior. But by and large, we of Human heart are empathetic, sympathetic, kind, concerned, honest, loving beings.

The whole concept that these beings, overall so lovely, need any kind of redeeming is, in my view, absurd. Frankly, I think this was foisted on us as a control device. Likewise the concept that females are subordinate to males, but that's off topic.

I think that we have been lied to.

Sorry about that. But now I want to know where you live, because I don't see humans as being all that empathetic, sympathetic, kind, concerned, honest, loving beings. If they are like that where you live, then I am moving there ASAP.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Sorry about that. But now I want to know where you live, because I don't see humans as being all that empathetic, sympathetic, kind, concerned, honest, loving beings. If they are like that where you live, then I am moving there ASAP.

Maybe it's a matter of perception. It is true that we remember the bad stuff in life more than the good stuff. Given that, it is possible that when someone behaves poorly, it is that we use to color our view of all others.

Yes, we are less these things I listed when dealing with people we do not know. But most of our transactions are between ourselves and those we do know, and most of the people I meet are clearly concerned and thoughtful of those they know.

Also, there are those that choose to believe they are in need of "redemption" and use that as an excuse to be self-serving.

And one point I might make regarding people in prison which I forgot in my previous post is that a VERY high percentage of people in prison in the US are in for drug-related "crimes." These are "crimes" of definition, and not inherently "bad."

The altering of one's consciousness is not inherently bad, in and of itself (witness Zoloft, for example - THAT alters one's consciousness, but we do not hunt and imprison those that use that path to altering consciousness).

So the people in for drugs cannot, as a rule, be given the label of "bad," since their "crime" is a manufactured crime.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The Bible is an overly fictional document. It overly false and should never even be thought about seriously.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The human body is unique and the only form capable of spiritual advancement. Devil is doing everything possible to encourage people to waste their human birth and even appears to be trying to neuter higher human capacities. Alien hybrids appear to be vain efforts by other humanoid creatures to acquire human capacities.

Few look to their real spiritual welfare and most waste it being suckered in blind faith brainwash dogmas and the old social psuedo religions of the past. The truth, however, is out there. The current of redemption is on the earth today in a living form. If one does not contact that form and prefers to cling to past teachers they also waste their human birth.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Irregardless is not a word. I don't care if it is in the dictionary. It shouldn't be there.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Maybe it's a matter of perception. It is true that we remember the bad stuff in life more than the good stuff. Given that, it is possible that when someone behaves poorly, it is that we use to color our view of all others.

Yes, we are less these things I listed when dealing with people we do not know. But most of our transactions are between ourselves and those we do know, and most of the people I meet are clearly concerned and thoughtful of those they know.

Also, there are those that choose to believe they are in need of "redemption" and use that as an excuse to be self-serving.

And one point I might make regarding people in prison which I forgot in my previous post is that a VERY high percentage of people in prison in the US are in for drug-related "crimes." These are "crimes" of definition, and not inherently "bad."

The altering of one's consciousness is not inherently bad, in and of itself (witness Zoloft, for example - THAT alters one's consciousness, but we do not hunt and imprison those that use that path to altering consciousness).

So the people in for drugs cannot, as a rule, be given the label of "bad," since their "crime" is a manufactured crime.

Wouldn't the better test of character be how we treat people that we don't know? Insiders often treat all in their little circles that way, while outsiders are treated poorly.

I don't think there is a remedy for the fallen man's will to self exaltation, envy, jealousy, covetousness, wrath, etc. without something that is beyond all that, and contrary to it. Sure, the fallen man can and does put on displays of some goodness and virtue, but if it is done to for selfish gain, then it cannot be born out of the Supernatural.

That of course is just my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join