It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Mankind been Duped into Rejecting The only Redeemer?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Since I am not a fundamentalist Christian your normal remarks for them do nothing to me. I have said in other threads that the Bible was inspired by God but written by man. And to think that some prejudices were not put in the Bible would be ignorant. Science can only go so far and then it’s all back to a guessing game. There us no guessing game for me. Experiments by man can be manipulated to the desired outcome, all science may not be truths. Your belief is that science is absolute fact, not all believe that.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by redwolf.of.odin
all so on the main topic i agree that most people in the world seek a inlightenment in one form or another. but i do not think this is a new think i think it is something we have been doing for all of recorded time. mans search for enlightenment pretty much started when we used tools for the first time. the conception of human thought.

Could this incurable desire to search be the result of a deep need to be restored to a higher state that we once had but then lost?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Ant4AU

There is a differance though.... One of our loops is based on real research and explorations... the other is based on one book that tells you to belive it or go to hell.

The earth is not 6000 years old.... Noahs ark is NOT FEASIBLE AT ALL.

I was not there so I don't know for sure. But 600 ft long and 200 ft. wide rectangle shaped barge with 3 levels inside might hold everything...and if they were not full grown...who knows? , and if placed into hibernation by God, then His family could well have taken care of them for a year.

It's possible that hibernation today could be the result of a residual from the time of the flood when the animals were in the arc.

No one knows because none of us observed it.....but these things are possible.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by John Matrix]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

You sure are inventive when it comes to rationalizing your delusions.

Maybe you should turn that energy towards how there is no god. Turn that logic to a real explination.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Yeah turn your mind away from the thousands of years of human experience, understanding and reason
Use your intellect to disprove your own history, culture and ancestry for vain fiction
Create your own reality; see the world in new eyes
Sounds like the tripe of one with a fallen depraved mind
Socrates made an astonishingly accurate statement (a couple of millennia ago) in regards to the “modern” mind
Fertile soil will reap the finest harvest, but uncultivated will produce the rankest of weeds.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Notroh est

Fertile soil will reap the finest harvest, but uncultivated will produce the rankest of weeds.

This quote is ment for you. Somone who leans on blind faith, and who is happy in their ignorance with their imaginary god. I pitty you.. just remeber that when you see how foolish you have been that i have already forgivin you.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

You sure are inventive when it comes to rationalizing your delusions.

Maybe you should turn that energy towards how there is no god. Turn that logic to a real explination.

You are quite artful in your interpretation of people's Faith in God.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Can you not do such a thing? You are so creative... yet you dare not turn that eye towards your own folly? What an amazing cage you have all built for yourself. A prison whos bars have been hardened by ignorance and electrified by blind faith... locked from the inside. Im sure you and your kind will be burning witches in no time to apease your god.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gears Of War
No

Mankind simply has a more powerful brain, we have developed more, we have reasoning and thought capabilities, we don't simply function on genetic survival thoughts as such.

You can't compare beavers and cows to humans...

Mankind gets bored, they invent, they think, have vivid imaginations and struggle with their own existence... they get scared so they create a savior to make themselves feel better...

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Gears Of War]

Mankind does invent His saviors, but Is there a Savior that created mankind, and then came to save mankind after the Great Fall of mankind ?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Can you not do such a thing? You are so creative... yet you dare not turn that eye towards your own folly? What an amazing cage you have all built for yourself. A prison whos bars have been hardened by ignorance and electrified by blind faith... locked from the inside. Im sure you and your kind will be burning witches in no time to apease your god.

I know my own folly quite well. I've become an expert on me and it is folley for one to think they know me better then me.

And... I'm not one of those kind......to hunt down witches.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Just because you can’t put faith in God doesn’t mean someone else can’t. I don’t know what happened to make you so anti God. I do not see how I am imprisoned. I chose to live a moral life. So if that means I am imprisoned then I guess I am.

It was the radicals and the fundamentalists that had the witch burnings and started the crusades. It was the corrupt man who realized that he could make a buck off of people using religion. It was the corrupt individuals that lead the masses to believe that only with the help of a priest or pastor that one could find understanding of the scriptures and redemption. Then “free thinking” Christians started to study on their own and realized the follies in mainstream religion.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Infinity veiwed from outside of time would have a pattern, or design. That design would be god. My personality... my very thoughts are shaped by the pattern of infinty that i am living in. I am a sum result of my expreiances and thoughts, which are in turn the sum result of the design of infinity. I used to veiw myself as a person with everything grown by myself on the inside, but now i see myself as a sum result of everything givin from the outside. Not an image or an item... but an outline that can expand beyond myself and into infinity.

God is causality..... He doesnt grant your wishes... he doesnt forgive your sins. God isnt a he, she, or it. God is nothing more than the 3d fractal.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Is there anyone that sees mankinds restless pursuit of attaining a higher state of being, as evidence for His once having had a Divine Spirit that was Lost at the Great Fall of both Men and Angels?

Could Christ be the redeemer of that Spirit and the Savior of your Soul?
By Soul I am meaning our heart and mind.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

You can love others without a divine god. I love you even in such a thought.. its because i can explain my love.. it isnt unknown to me why i love you, it isnt mystical.

You are a perspective in causality. In this infinite fractal. Our lives justify our actions and our thoughts. We would all do the same. You cannot waste any more time being passive in an illogical faith filled world.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ant4AU

Just because you can’t put faith in God doesn’t mean someone else can’t. I don’t know what happened to make you so anti God. I do not see how I am imprisoned. I chose to live a moral life. So if that means I am imprisoned then I guess I am.

It was the radicals and the fundamentalists that had the witch burnings and started the crusades. It was the corrupt man who realized that he could make a buck off of people using religion. It was the corrupt individuals that lead the masses to believe that only with the help of a priest or pastor that one could find understanding of the scriptures and redemption. Then “free thinking” Christians started to study on their own and realized the follies in mainstream religion.

Yes, People were not well educated at the time of the Crusades...as the printing press did not come along until 1440 and even after that, it took until 1517 for the Protestant Reformation to really begin. The RCC kept people ignorant back then. I don't know much about the Jesuit Priests but I think they did a lot of educating in the New World when they came over here. So we can't really blame people for being ignorant, but when people are willfully ignorant....that is a different story.

Everyone has Faith in something. Some put their Faith in themselves, but when calamity strikes them, they fall to pieces. Those that truly put their Faith in Christ can still be devastated by disasters, but a true believer always has a foundation to stand on.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gears Of War
No

Mankind simply has a more powerful brain, we have developed more, we have reasoning and thought capabilities, we don't simply function on genetic survival thoughts as such.

You can't compare beavers and cows to humans...

Mankind gets bored, they invent, they think, have vivid imaginations and struggle with their own existence... they get scared so they create a savior to make themselves feel better...

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Gears Of War]

I'm not even get into the religious stuff. But "more powerful brain" and all the traces mentioned by you don't mean much on a larger picture.

The universe always stays on balance whether you, me and everyone else likes it or not.

Everything that we take as progress automatically generates a regressive state in other matters. If you search for something very hard you might get it but once you do you may realize that you lost something along the way. That's why all this struggle.

Everything that we do (create, invent) to move us forward in one regard automatically moves us backwards on other regards.

Animals in the other hand can be considered smarter then humans in some aspects since they manage (know how) to live in perfect balance. They don't need the desire to be anything else aside what they already are. They just live.

While humans are constantly searching for something in the extreme (eventually reaching them at certain times) keeping the mere illusion of "moving forward" while in fact we aren't moving at all.

That doesn't mean that I think we all should be living in caves, walking around naked and eating raw food, but I'm certain that we haven't found the balance of existence yet. And we may never find it since we are not looking for it.

I think that this was exactly what Buddha, Christ and many others were talking about, walking the middle path.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Infinity veiwed from outside of time would have a pattern, or design. That design would be god. My personality... my very thoughts are shaped by the pattern of infinty that i am living in. I am a sum result of my expreiances and thoughts, which are in turn the sum result of the design of infinity. I used to veiw myself as a person with everything grown by myself on the inside, but now i see myself as a sum result of everything givin from the outside. Not an image or an item... but an outline that can expand beyond myself and into infinity.

God is causality..... He doesnt grant your wishes... he doesnt forgive your sins. God isnt a he, she, or it. God is nothing more than the 3d fractal.

But your belief cannot be proven to me, nor can my belief be proven to you.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by thomas_
I'm not even get into the religious stuff. But "more powerful brain" and all the traces mentioned by you don't mean much on a larger picture.

The universe always stays on balance whether you, me and everyone else likes it or not.

Everything that we take as progress automatically generates a regressive state in other matters. If you search for something very hard you might get it but once you do you may realize that you lost something along the way. That's why all this struggle.

Everything that we do (create, invent) to move us forward in one regard automatically moves us backwards on other regards.

Animals in the other hand can be considered smarter then humans in some aspects since they manage (know how) to live in perfect balance. They don't need the desire to be anything else aside what they already are. They just live.

While humans are constantly searching for something in the extreme (eventually reaching them at certain times) keeping the mere illusion of "moving forward" while in fact we aren't moving at all.

That doesn't mean that I think we all should be living in caves, walking around naked and eating raw food, but I'm certain that we haven't found the balance of existence yet. And we may never find it since we are not looking for it.

I think that this was exactly what Buddha, Christ and many others were talking about, walking the middle path.

I appreciate your comments. Our perspective grows.

Could it not be the Word sown in our hearts that cries out from the depths of our soul for want of a rebirth of the Spirit that was lost at the Fall?

[edit on 20-1-2009 by John Matrix]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I have read all of your so called proof... now return the favor.

Explainable infinity

This theory combines religon and science and explains them all. We have a unified field theory!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Science is not an absolute. Something can always come up and change a theory. Using theories to back up your beliefs is as fruitless as you believe it is when we use the Bible to back up ours. You have your faith in something that is ever changing . I have my faith in something that is constant. Besides you are doing what the radicals and fundamentalists with trying to tear down our beliefs and force your beliefs on us.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Ant4AU]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join