It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Mankind been Duped into Rejecting The only Redeemer?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
What I mean is that animals do what they seem to be programmed to do and never anything more. I've played some computer games and I started to see that, if you take any animal, they always act the same way, a lot like the Artificial Intelligence programing in some computer games.

Well actually everything is programmed. The program is called cause and effect. For every cause there is an effect. That's all life is anyways, cause and effect, and human life is no different.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by huckfinn
I do agree with your above characterization that we are in the midst of two eternities. It was called in David's Psalm, the valley of the Shadow of Death. Some go to the Pit. I'll go to the mountain...actually I am already on the Mountain waiting for the rest of the darkness to be swept into the Pit.

I love that sense of humor.
What do you think the cure for the fallen nature is?
Is it simply and act of will?
Does it involve faith?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
The flaws in the messengers are self-evident.

The major proselytizers of religion, Christian or otherwise, are all compromised to interface with the people they call their flock. Politics in religion, perhaps, is the best simplistic answer.

The simple truths are all easily ascertained by the spiritually-minded, Muslim, Christian, Jew, Hindu; it matters not a stitch what they think they know about the other. Each has the same humanistic mandate which promotes a harmonious existence with the world in which we live.

The messengers 'promoting' their religion, or doctrine, as superior, or having supremacy over others is the problem.

Is the way of Christ a religion? Or has man made Him a religion?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ant4AU
reply to post by 5thElement

Those who sacrifice their freedom of thought for a safety of "eternal" life are the ones who are actually fallen

You do not have to sacrifice your freedom of thought to believe the Bible or to follow God. The true teachings of the bible are just to live a life not consumed by the world around you. To live a life that you could be proud of.

I am free to think for myself. I can ask why things are the way they are without being punished by God. Believing that there is a surpreme being that created the world and all that is in it doesn't make you a lunatic or a fanatic. If you believe then every thing that is happening today makes since to you.

Yes, I think it is for Freedom that Christ has set some people Free. When I read the bible it seems to me that the importance of correct thinking, correct teaching, correct learning, and Freedom from our "sin nature" is what God is concerned with.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Now we're getting somewhere.

I am no theologian. Nor do I purport to count myself among the great thinkers of our collective existence. But I humbly submit that the problem has always manifested itself as a social one.

I believe it is safe to say that the message of the Christ was at best poorly kept, and at worst basely abused to serve those who seem prone to desire power over people.

The path is contradictory to the execution of the religion. Christ, if I may be so bold, lives in one's heart; perhaps translating that to the minds and mouths of those intent on playing the role of leader was more than a simple matter of 'consecration' by other men.

I think it is safe to say that those who most would consider holy, saintly, moral people have become prominent despite the religion, not because of it.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cancerian42

What I mean is that animals do what they seem to be programmed to do and never anything more. I've played some computer games and I started to see that, if you take any animal, they always act the same way, a lot like the Artificial Intelligence programing in some computer games.

Well actually everything is programmed. The program is called cause and effect. For every cause there is an effect. That's all life is anyways, cause and effect, and human life is no different.

Could the cause be rebellion and the effect be the Fall of mankind from an original Divine state that was pleasing to God?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
My personal opinion

Cows and animals do what we've always seen them do becuase that the way we human made them when we domesticated their anceestors.

Wild animals change and act differently when times of change in weather and climate and learn to eat new and different foods as with the fish in the great lakes now eating zebra mussels.

Not everbodies seeking out answers to profound questions either some people are just enjoying life.

Things change all the time without the need of a higer power, it's pretty arrogant to think the ways things are now is the ways things always should be.

No it's not possible that people are bound by some unseen force so people are as free as their government allows.

I don't beleive we have an eternal life at all just the one we live right now.
Anyway the choice between not beleiving and beleiving can be changed to what happens if the world was created by Zeus? then you beleiving in god would be wrong and condemn you to hades.

thats my opinion don't wear it out

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Now we're getting somewhere.

I am no theologian. Nor do I purport to count myself among the great thinkers of our collective existence. But I humbly submit that the problem has always manifested itself as a social one.

I believe it is safe to say that the message of the Christ was at best poorly kept, and at worst basely abused to serve those who seem prone to desire power over people.

The path is contradictory to the execution of the religion. Christ, if I may be so bold, lives in one's heart; perhaps translating that to the minds and mouths of those intent on playing the role of leader was more than a simple matter of 'consecration' by other men.

I think it is safe to say that those who most would consider holy, saintly, moral people have become prominent despite the religion, not because of it.

I have contemplated for many years why the religious are often the most cruel. I think it's because they treat Christ as their posession, rather than see themselves as His.

Do I make sense?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miishgoos
Not everbodies seeking out answers to profound questions either some people are just enjoying life.

Could it be that these are the one's that are in the deepest state of sleep? What becomes of them when their world crashes around them?
Are they not the ones most devastated when disasters strike?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Could the cause be rebellion and the effect be the Fall of mankind from an original Divine state that was pleasing to God?

Anything is possible.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
My personal opinion

Well some will pick up the peices and start all over again.

No why would they be the most devestated?

have any evidence to support these claims?

my opinion again

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Yes you make absolute since. It is sad that people used the words and teachings of Jesus to obtain power over people. That is the root of the problem with fundamental Christians. There are people who do not take the time to study on their own and rely on others for the meanings of the scriptures. Man is easily corruptible and when they see a chance at power and wealth they will take their shot to obtain it. They turn a message of compassion and love to fear and absolute obedience. They forget that what they are doing is the exact opposite of the teachings.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Anything is possible.

So, a Way for redemption is possible too?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

If you are living for the here and now, then no, you will not be devastated when disaster strikes because you don't have anything to fear. You are unattached, going with the flow of the river of life. And nothing really matters, although many many people will try to convince you that what they see most important in their own lives does matter to everyone else to. Life is not a game where there are winners and losers, but some people like to believe it is.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Now we're starting a new topic. Redemption from what, Adam and Eve's "rebellion"?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Some people are sheep (not sheeple) and they recognize their shepards voice, others are goats. If I live my life according to the gosple of Jesus and try to keep his teachings all the while knowing that I will fail and rely on his atonement through faith I believe I will live again. Now if there's no God then what have I lost? The sins of the flesh lead to destruction even here on earth and it makes good sense to avoid what God tells you to. Some play with fire and don't get burned but some or most do. I see nothing in God's law or Jesus's teachings that people should abhor unless they openly are self-destructive.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ant4AU

They turn a message of compassion and love to fear and absolute obedience. They forget that what they are doing is the exact opposite of the teachings.

Right! Or they turn Christ into a genie in a bottle, like the prosperity preachers, and the Faith Preachers that center on "self" and materiality more than the Redeemer.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Now we're starting a new topic. Redemption from what, Adam and Eve's "rebellion"?

Actually, it is part of the topic....If we are Fallen, and we have lost something of our First created state, and if that state was Divine and pleasing to God, then it must make sense that the Soul is in need of a birth of the divine in it.

I see two possible states for each person. One is the natural state which we are in from the Great Fall of Adam, and the other is God manifested in our Souls.

If all self effort fails to redeem for us that first created divine state, then would it not make sense that we require a supernatural divine redeemer?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by racegunz
Some people are sheep (not sheeple) and they recognize their shepards voice, others are goats. If I live my life according to the gosple of Jesus and try to keep his teachings all the while knowing that I will fail and rely on his atonement through faith I believe I will live again. Now if there's no God then what have I lost? The sins of the flesh lead to destruction even here on earth and it makes good sense to avoid what God tells you to. Some play with fire and don't get burned but some or most do. I see nothing in God's law or Jesus's teachings that people should abhor unless they openly are self-destructive.

Indeed, living the natural life may have it's occasional highs, but it seems to me that everything the natural man does(man without a birth of the supernatural in him) is from a desire that continually wants, and a want that continually desires. It's like a closed loop that he can't break away from unless he has a birth of the supernatural in him to free him from this wheel of a selfish desire.

Would you agree?

[edit on 19-1-2009 by John Matrix]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

If we are Fallen, and we have lost something of our First created state, and if that state was Divine and pleasing to God, then it must make sense that the Soul is in need of a birth of the divine in it.

Can you explain to me how we could have been more divine. It doesn't make much sense to me, did God love us more when we didn't have knowledge of good and evil assuming that is the case? Why?

I see two possible states for each person. One is the natural state which we are in from the Great Fall of Adam, and the other is God manifested in our Souls.

Can you explain the difference?

If all self effort fails to redeem for us that first created divine state, then would it not make sense that we require a supernatural divine redeemer?
Assuming we were once more "divine" and we were trying to go back to being that way, yet could not by all natural means, then I guess something supernatural would have to happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join