It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Mankind been Duped into Rejecting The only Redeemer?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
reply to post by Luciferdescending

Did you hear about the knife attack in the daycare yesterday? 2 children dead and one daycare worker killed. 9 people in Miami shot and killed yesterday by a depraved maniac....it's not happening once every few months anymore, it's happening daily. Even Santa Clause went to a party and Killed 8 people, shooting his own 8 yr old daughter in the face....sick...sick...sick.

No. No. Yes. It is not happening more and more. Back that up for once, please. You know about it more. If any of that happened 200 years ago, would you have learned of them? Not unless you lived in that community. If that happened 100 years ago, you would learn about it eventually, maybe, probably not. Now we all learn about everything all the time. This does not magically translate to it happening more. If you have stats, I am waiting. Not sure if I mentioned you providing some back up or not.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Well, a bit of pumping iron at a gym and a protien shake afterwards would be fun wouldn't it?

No. The first one sounds like work that my body does not need and the second is an obvious sexual innuendo and veiny meaty men are just not my cup o' tea. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by switching yard
Replying to the original post, I would say that folks should investigate as many different religions and spiritual paths as possible before drawing any conclusions.

A religion has to be considered with regard to geopolitical and cultural context.

There is a Way that transcends all religions. I would not point people to consider the bondage of religion. Check my other post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luciferdescending

reply to post by Luciferdescending

Did you hear about the knife attack in the daycare yesterday? 2 children dead and one daycare worker killed. 9 people in Miami shot and killed yesterday by a depraved maniac....it's not happening once every few months anymore, it's happening daily. Even Santa Clause went to a party and Killed 8 people, shooting his own 8 yr old daughter in the face....sick...sick...sick.

No. No. Yes. It is not happening more and more. Back that up for once, please. You know about it more. If any of that happened 200 years ago, would you have learned of them? Not unless you lived in that community. If that happened 100 years ago, you would learn about it eventually, maybe, probably not. Now we all learn about everything all the time. This does not magically translate to it happening more. If you have stats, I am waiting. Not sure if I mentioned you providing some back up or not.

Actually, the reason that the wild west has such a bad reputation is because the very few gunfights that did happen were in fact legendized by the newspapers and book publishers. Gunfights and murders with guns were quite rare 200 years ago compared to today. And consider this...almost every 12 yr old kid walked to his country school with his rifle only 150 yrs ago. When he got to school, he set his rifle at the back of the class, then on his way home, if he got a dear or a rabbit, he would get a pat on the head by his mom who would then cook him a nice tasty meal.
Today, kids take guns to school to kill people.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Well, a bit of pumping iron at a gym and a protien shake afterwards would be fun wouldn't it?

No. The first one sounds like work that my body does not need and the second is an obvious sexual innuendo and veiny meaty men are just not my cup o' tea. Sorry.

Hang on then, I'll put my Monk robe back on.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Actually, the reason that the wild west has such a bad reputation is because the very few gunfights that did happen were in fact legendized by the newspapers and book publishers. Gunfights and murders with guns were quite rare 200 years ago compared to today. And consider this...almost every 12 yr old kid walked to his country school with his rifle only 150 yrs ago. When he got to school, he set his rifle at the back of the class, then on his way home, if he got a dear or a rabbit, he would get a pat on the head by his mom who would then cook him a nice tasty meal.

You will notice that I never once cited the "wild west" as an example.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

You will notice that I never once cited the "wild west" as an example.

But you did say 200 years ago....where were you referring too? Timbuktu in Africa?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

There was no sexual innuendo. Don't know where your mind is at on that one.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

But you did say 200 years ago....where were you referring too? Timbuktu in Africa?

OK, I was specifically talking about communications and I did not feel I needed to go back much farther than that to explain communication. Yes, legends were made out of stories that were passed on and widely spread. That does not mean that many MANY horrible deeds were not also happening but not as widely acknowledged. Every man that raped and murdered his own kids on his own farm 200 years ago usually did not brag. Billy the Kid on the other hand really liked his story getting louder and bigger. I see your point but it does nothing to diminish mine.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

There was no sexual innuendo. Don't know where your mind is at on that one.

Well seeing as how you managed to turn a discussion about the truth of Jesus into a way to hit on me, I was just trying to keep pace with your mind.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

OK, I was specifically talking about communications and I did not feel I needed to go back much farther than that to explain communication. Yes, legends were made out of stories that were passed on and widely spread. That does not mean that many MANY horrible deeds were not also happening but not as widely acknowledged. Every man that raped and murdered his own kids on his own farm 200 years ago usually did not brag. Billy the Kid on the other hand really liked his story getting louder and bigger. I see your point but it does nothing to diminish mine.

We could go on and on with this, but I think it's enough to say that more people in the world means more of everything people do, and since the majority are fools and rebel against God, it should be no suprise there is more evil.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

We could go on and on with this, but I think it's enough to say that more people in the world means more of everything people do, and since the majority are fools and rebel against God, it should be no suprise there is more evil.

More people in the world or more people that do not believe in Jesus? Do you really know that there is a higher percentage of people that do not believe in Jesus? If so, show some stats. Then I want you to look up the stats of sick and/or violent crimes in the places you think have lost Jesus compared to the places that still have him.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

This statement is troubling: "Has mankind been duped into believing He can attain a higher state of being without Christ as His redeemer?"

It implies that you need to be 'redeemed' and that the only way that can happen is through Christ. In other words: you are sinful damaged goods and all religions except Christianity are bunk.

Christian leaders have taught you these things but that doesn't make them true. It just gives them a lock on your continued participation in their livelihood.

Christ told his followers to 'Be perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect'. He didn't insist that they had to believe in him in order for that to come about.

Where in the New Testament do you find Christ himself advocating your positions? I request that you provide us with the quotes...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

More people in the world or more people that do not believe in Jesus? Do you really know that there is a higher percentage of people that do not believe in Jesus? If so, show some stats. Then I want you to look up the stats of sick and/or violent crimes in the places you think have lost Jesus compared to the places that still have him.

Why don't you show me some proof that mankind is becoming Less evil?

How about the mass murder each year of citizens by so called Democratic Governments? Yep, you heard me right!! The government is the biggest single cause of stress, and stress is responsible for almost all psychosomatic illnesses and diseases. Stress kills. Doctors all know this, but gov. workers and gov. authorities continue to cause people stress and kill them with stess.

Thousands drop dead everyday from gov. induced stress and the gov. does nothing to help the situation. It's very subtle and unseen, but still murder.

[edit on 24/1/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

More people in the world or more people that do not believe in Jesus?

This quote reminded me of a scripture, where Jesus made the statement:

Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? [Luke 18:8]

It really isn't surprising to me that the majority question the existence of Jesus and as time progresses, it will become even more evident and people will become fully convinced in their heart that Jesus is nothing more than a myth. Sadly enough, quite a few have all ready arrived at this destination.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
We watch national geographic channel and we think that we understand animal behavior but unfortunately, it’s a pity that animals seem to know their maker and we don’t. They simply function and do things that they always do based on instinct. I don’t even know why birds migrate from one place to another, but they still continue to do so regardless of my opinion of them. I think one of the things that separate us from them is that they do not judge themselves. If you think about it, animals are like preprogrammed computer game characters that do the same thing over and over again. The programmer encoded each of them specific commands in order for them to function properly. When the characters function with total submission on how they are intended to be, this will make the program achieve the purpose of its maker. But do you seriously think that we are just video game characters who jumps with a button press for the sole amusement of those we call gods? If that’s true then I’ll say that we are still in the Beta testing stage. Do you think you’re embedded into the matrix? Somebody is watching too much movies, go out and play with your dog or go date a girl that is not computer animated. As for me, I know that I am more than a mere preprogrammed video game character because I am writing this right now because I want to. Oh wait, maybe Zeus is just controlling me right now and if that’s the case, then it’s alright if I kill, rape or smash cars around without penalty and guilt. After all it’s just a game, having a sound conscience is irrelevant. Like animals, we engage daily on different activities such as eating, having sex and killing each other. We humans on the other hand act on our own free will. Animals can do tricks because they are conditioned to do so while training them on a reward and penalty basis. We Read and write. We ask questions and we reason out. We create things based on what we observe. Actually a lot of our greatest inventions were adopted from imitating animal behaviors (Who do you think used sonar echolocation first, the humans and their mechanical radars or the bats and the dolphins?). Anyway, my point is we humans differ with animals in a big way. It’s in their nature to be animals and it is in our nature to be humans. It is our nature to crave for the truth. We crave for our creator. We try to fill the bottomless hole in our hearts with our wood carved gods and worldly possessions while the animals do what they are meant to do. All of us want to know our real origin, purpose and destination. We share these with our animal friends but as the Bible says, we are created slightly below the angels but definitely higher than animals. I think God’s purpose for us separates us from the animals. We have the promise of true love and happiness that can be attained by spirituality. Has mankind been duped? I guess that depends on what you want to believe in. But for me, God lowering himself to our human level through Christ and then rising up again as a God is a great display of his love for us, Makes sense to me. The idea of God being Man creates a bridge between me and my creator that slowly fills the void inside me, and I rejoice in comfort because I can see on the other side the possibility of Man rising up to the state of God. Christ is not our savior. I think he was here to teach and show us the possibilities so that we can save ourselves by realizing that if we just truly believe, then we can attain it. For now, I think that we are still far from what we are intended to fulfill. We are more interested on reading celebrity tabloids rather than searching for the truth within the pages of our scriptures. We focus more on how we can prolong penile erection rather than using technology to help us in our spiritual quest. It may take us generations before we realize universal truth. As a human being I know that we have the capability to attain our real purpose even without divine intervention at all.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Godfinder

saddly that sounds insane.

Please dont allow this ignorance to solidify in your mind. Dont read only things that favor your ignorance. Go out and explore all the reasons you are wrong.... they are many.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Where in the New Testament do you find Christ himself advocating your positions? I request that you provide us with the quotes...

My OP began with questions, not really statements, other than it seems mankind is trying to reach for something.

So which positions would you like me to support with scripture?

[edit on 24/1/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey

More people in the world or more people that do not believe in Jesus?

This quote reminded me of a scripture, where Jesus made the statement:

Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? [Luke 18:8]

It really isn't surprising to me that the majority question the existence of Jesus and as time progresses, it will become even more evident and people will become fully convinced in their heart that Jesus is nothing more than a myth. Sadly enough, quite a few have all ready arrived at this destination.

Thank you for dropping by and I appreciate your comments. Please stick around.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

"Go out and explore all the reasons you are wrong.... they are many." Well my friend maybe you can enlighten me? A man who is decieved and deluded cannot possibly know that he is decieved and deluded. I never claimed that what i said was the truth. But for now, this is where my quest for understanding brought me in my current state of mind. Im here at ats for two things, one it serves as my outlet because some people cant really level with me in regards with my interest on the road less traveled because its either they are too smart or they are too dense to have an open mind. 2nd, I want to be educated. I want to explore the reasons on why am i wrong so i go here to find people who are far more intelligent than me who can prove me wrong. Im definitely not here to diss on other members just because his beliefs and philosophies doesnt agree with mine. My friend, If you found countless errors on what I am sharing here based on what I have learned on my journey's into the different countries of the world, UNbiased research on all of the wide varations of different religous scriptures that I can put my hands on, and the foundation of my belief based on what we cannot see, then by all means please, educate me. If possible, Elaborate my mistakes ONE by ONE and save me from my own ignorance. Then if you can show me that i cannot immerse myself within my own self centered bliss anymore, show me a new haven where i can seek refuge. and i will forever be grateful to you. Please by all means show me the truth. One more thing I'm not trying to intiate a debate or something, But i would really appreciate it if you can provide something to back your claim up. peace

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Godfinder]

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join