It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Mankind been Duped into Rejecting The only Redeemer?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
John-
Those are good words... but yet again you give no WHY to your attempt. You have listed the symptoms of love without explaining why somone would have the motive.... you have not explained them. My GOD and your GOD are very differnt.

You think god is some magical divine being that flys around on a cloud granting wishes.

I think that god was a geometric design of the infinite fractal division of space givin to a bunch retarded desert people who got all confused and started thinking it was a person.

What does this geomentric design consist of? Dark matter, matter, ani-matter or it doesn't matter?

I know the geometric symbol for infinity, is there a geometric design for the fractal division of space.

The desert is not a nice place to live. The figs, dates, and sand all ruin your teeth very quickly.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

The symbol for infinity which is the loop that connects to itself... is only a 2d infinity. 3d fractals have taken form in anchient religions and texts. the star of david and the flower of life are 2 separate perspectives on such a 3d fractal.

Electromagnatism is the radiation of energy into space... and gravity is that electromagnatism curving into the event horizon of singularity "AKA" matter. All matter is infinte.

have you finished the video yet?

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Do you remember the page you posted the link for the video on?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkm1864

Originally posted by cancerian42
Actually not all of mankind is striving to achieve a higher state. Some people feel that they are missing something, so they look outward for some solution to their "problems". Other people are just living in the moment, happy to be alive.

Yeah and the others look for a solution in a bottle or through the needle. Other people also use things as money or sex as a God. I still haven't seen Your point btw because everyone is like this.....

I agree that everyone has some type of "God" be it a religious one, a personal one, a material one, or whatever. But people don't have to always be searching for something bigger and better. For example, I am not searching for enlightenment or trying to become a better version of myself. I am happy, and I do not care about material things as you must suspect. I am just happy to live, and that is all.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cancerian42

To be so content is truly a blessing.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

I have read all of your so called proof... now return the favor.

Explainable infinity

This theory combines religon and science and explains them all. We have a unified field theory!

found it!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

As somone with a good sense of smell. I will never be content or comfortable in such a stinky place. This planet stinks of ingnorance.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmojo

Originally posted by cancerian42
... The only reason christians (and any kind of religious followers) exist is because they fear that a book with horrible things in it involving them, might actually come true.
That is an incredibly simplified and incorrect reason that Christians exist. Christians exist because Jesus Christ gave up his life for them, not because of a book.

Well you say Jesus Christ gave his life for christians, but you don't have to believe that, in fact many rational people worldwide refuse to do so. Like someone else said here, the bible is limiting your thoughts. Where did you learn about Jesus? From the bible, so it really is because of a book.

If this 'book with horrible things in it' is a reference to the Bible you are also mistaken. That 'book' contains incredible and beautiful things also with hell only being a small part of it. I'm all for equality and freedom of thought here on ATS but when you attack my faith just because you don't agree with it... then I'm going to say something. I'm sorry brother, but your post and thoughts would have been best left unsaid or at the very least been factual and correct.

Actually I never said hell, "Sheol" just means grave, if you can find where it mentions some sort of burning hell in the bible please tell me. But the fear of eternal death is horrible enough in my opinion. And it is the only reason christians feel the need to believe the bible, because it poses a threat to their lives. If hell is just a "small part" of the bible that makes me feel even better about not believing, thanks for easing my minuscule fear. And of course you are going to say something about Jesus, just like every christian, that's okay with me though, I know you are told to let the light of christianity out all over the place. And I am sorry sister, but your post and thoughts, though beneficial to your hope of eternal life, are not beneficial to ATS in general.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I'm watching and will watch all of it and see if I am awake at the end of it...I see a bunch of videos here...so it might take a while.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by John Matrix]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I think so too.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

The book Corinthians tells you to speak in tounges

But this isn't true, Wertdagf. 1 Cor. 12 does not say that all Saints will speak in tongues. It is one of (if not the LEAST of) the gifts of the Spirit. It is clearly prone to misuse, for where can one find a whole chapter in the Bible devoted to "how to be a good Apostle"? Yet Chapter 14 of 1 Cor. is devoted to the the proper use of tongues as a primary (perhaps secondary) theme.

But this (your reply) should not be about tongues. It (seems to me) to be an attempt to change the subject.

"Why Love?" is your question?

1 Cor. 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Matthew talks of good acts BUT without logical explination.

"Good acts"? Are you sure you want to stand behind this statement? Unless I'm incorrect, you seem to imply that Matthew talks about "good acts" and yet you deny the very words that Jesus said in the book. Either you agree with what Jesus said is GOOD or you deny that they are "good acts".

saddly the bible was written by confused people who believed in a magical god that would anwser their prayers.

Remebering jesus's name will not help you one bit... ever.

Again, I can go straight to 1 Cor. 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

I WANT all my prayers to be answered, but many are not. The reason why some prayers aren't answered (in my opinion) is because it would be to my HURT if the prayer was answered.

Example:

My six-year-old daughter would LIKE to drive my truck...but I'm not handing her the keys for at least 10 years.

In other instances, my prayer isn't answered because I haven't fulfilled a condition the precedes the answer:

John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

There is a REASON why the prayer of the man in John 15:7 gets answered and this is it:

John 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

The book of James also gives reasons for unanswered prayer:
James 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

I realize, Wertgrdagf, that the rest of your (above) post was to John, so I will let him respond point-by-point if he so chooses.

God still answers prayers from (or FOR) His kids. He doesn't ALWAYS say "yes" to my prayers, but sometimes He does! Still, this would prove nothing to you. (My telling everyone here my experience(s) is no "proof" of God answering prayers.)

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PreTribGuy

Unfortunately you are so brain washed that you can no longer look at prayers and how they are anwsered rationaly. pray to a milk jug and you will get the same results i garantee you, But i know that you will not accept this truth.

jesus says good things... but he doesnt appear to have the desire to explain things beyond theres a magical god that says so. I doubt they would understand what im trying to say about GOD being the structure of infinite division of space. So it is slightly understandalbe why he constantly speaks of a magical god to these ignorant people. I doubt they would have listened otherwise.. they needed that flavor of their previous ignroance to even bite.

O yes and god does cause confusion and pain to the ignorant... Those children in africa who are staving... they are staving because their parents were ignorant of the amount of food they had. Those children are now suffering and dying because of that ignornace..... My veiw of god explains this.... does yourS????

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Wertdagf,
I don't understand why you have suddenly changed the subject. I tried to answer your "questions" and you seem to have ignored the answers and went on to another subject.

You issued a "type" of a challenge and I answered it as best as I could (within my understanding of the Bible).

Did I miss something?

Didn't you say (earlier) that you could explain things better than the Bible?

I tell YOU that these things are explainable by ME when no where in your BIBLE is what i have said written.

Didn't you state that a bit earlier in this thread?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
What if you had a friend that knew about God and everything, yet fails to abide by the commandments and questions God's existance. What if you liked this person soo much that you make the same sins he does, do everything he does. For the fact that he will never change his views. Wouldn't you be doing good in trying to save somebody? You are loving one of God's creatures. Does kindness/caring play any roles in how God sees you? If you believe and you pray for your friend, but you both continue to sin, what would the outcome be.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PreTribGuy

I responed to your posts if you think that theres somthing i missed repost it. You stated that mankind is doomed to hell without god. I know that this is true... but god is not a person... god is not a thinking divine entity.

In my veiw of god mankind is to suffer confusion untill enough people make mistakes and gain an understanding of the universe. Without understanding one cannot avoid mistakes and pitfalls. learning from your mistakes is knowing "god". Those who refuse to look at the information GOD/casuality is giving you as feedback...are doomed to suffer.

jesus was the only person in the bible that said anything remotely logical.

and yes i am explaining things better than the bible... what is it that you would like to know?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

In most of those countries their God is not the God we worship so their is your Christian answer. We can not give you the proof that you want that the world wants. All we have is what we have learned from out studies and out prayes to a real God that has answered our prayers. There is no way we can prove this but we know what happened. Which I know that is not a good enough answer for you and could care less. God bless you and may you have and keep the peace you say you have.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ant4AU

In most of those countries their God is not the God we worship so their is your Christian answer. We can not give you the proof that you want that the world wants. All we have is what we have learned from out studies and out prayes to a real God that has answered our prayers. There is no way we can prove this but we know what happened. Which I know that is not a good enough answer for you and could care less. God bless you and may you have and keep the peace you say you have.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Ant4AU]

All you have learned is from one book fillled with ignorant people... read to you by ignorant people.... in study groups of ignorant people. So it is very understandable why no one would undertand your logic. Its like your minds are inbreeding.

Do you blame the other countries for worshiping their individual gods? Yet you think that god would damn them to hell? That is one of the dumbest things ive ever heard. It isnt based on magical "GODS" AND NEVER WAS.
Go tell the starving children in africa that god has damned them because they have had a chance to listen to the missonarys but didnt. Go pray for me.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Has mankind been duped into believing He can attain a higher state of being without Christ as His redeemer?

And so, why did you automatically pick Christ? Why not Buddha or Mohamed or Krishna? Also, people have been picking Christ for 2000 years and not one thing has changed (in fact the Christian church is the most screwed up hypocritical bunch I have ever seen)!

[edit on 21-1-2009 by whatsup]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsup

Whatusp:

Hello to you!

I am a Christian, follower of Christ, believer in God. I do not attend a church. I have found churches do not seem to teach you the true wisdom and understandin of being a follower of the Savior.

I think the name of religion has been the cause of many wrongs.

However, that being said, I do believe in a crucified Christ who died for atonement of my sins and he rose again defeating death forever.

Yes, I do use my Bible for my spiritual alone time with the Father. He shows me many truths in that old book.

It is of course your choice not to believe. You see that is the way our Creator made us, creatures of free will. The Lord does not want his children to come to him becaue they *have too* but because they *want to*. It is not out of fear but out of love.

It is indeed the greatest *love story* every told and a journery on a path that is indeed a *journey of a lifetime*. It is indeed a humbling heart that is in love with the Lord God Almighty.

Peace to you,
Grandma

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsup

Has mankind been duped into believing He can attain a higher state of being without Christ as His redeemer?

And so, why did you automatically pick Christ? Why not Buddha or Mohamed or Krishna? Also, people have been picking Christ for 2000 years and not one thing has changed (in fact the Christian church is the most screwed up hypocritical bunch I have ever seen)!
[edit on 21-1-2009 by whatsup]

I picked Christ because He is the Divine Nature of God incarnate. That means he is perfect Humility, Meekness, Patience and He is the Love of God.
Christ makes us partakers of the Divine Nature. In other words, by the new birth of the Spirit in our souls, we have the birthright to enter into the Divine Nature of God and partake in His Divine Nature and Character. In doing that we are demonstrating our Faith in God and living by the Spirit, and therefore not living a selfish life.

That is my answer in a nutshell.

As far as a organized religion goes, I don't think I mentioned that in my opening post. But I do not believe in organized religion with it's governance, hierarchy and politics....not to mention the favoritism, backbiting, and gossip.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by John Matrix]

new topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join