It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN (quote) amnesty bill WORST piece if -Snip- EVER!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
My dad and I had to go through 6 months of hell to escape Vietnam to get to the USA. Countless paper work, years of living in camps to wait for acceptance. When we got here, we had to work just as hard to get everything we have now, and that is a struggeling life. We pay our taxes so that our "roads" and "infrastructure" can be maintained. I pay for my tuition and some semesters, I can't even afford it. Most of my family still remains in Vietnam, my mother lost on the journey here. I have made my sacrifices to become a US citizen and a hard working one at that. Why should someone be able to cut in line of me when I have passed through the roughest storm and am still lost at sea?

[edit on 19-1-2009 by LeTan]

Thank you for coming to our country. You are the type of person we need here and the type of person our success depends upon. You are a real American and I hope you succeed in getting the rest of your family here. People like you are who our government should be working to help.

Contrary to the nonsense you see on ATS and radical sites; most of us feel this way I assure you.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Originally posted by jam321
You anti-illegals which is really anti-Mexican are just too much. You scream and holler about them causing all this chaos, maybe raping daughters, as if there are no American born Nationals that are capable of doing the same thing.

My Wife's Sister was stabbed so many times by an Illegal from Mexico they said the room was literally covered in blood. He was arrested multiple times for assaulting women before this and was even arrested earlier the same day for attacking another woman. If the LAW had been enforced and he had been sent back to Mexico the first time he was arrested, she would be alive and her three children would have a Mother right now. Their Father died of cancer a few months before she was slaughtered.

Yes it should be easier to come here. Yes the innocent people who are just looking for a better life should be allowed. That is why we need a controlled border and background checks that would have kept that monster out of our country in the first place. Blanket amnesty at our expense is ridiculous on its face. Only a Congressperson with an ulterior motive would ever vote for that sort of pure crap.

To accuse those of us who have common sense of being Anti-Mexican is just pure hate mongering and a lie of the very worst sort. If you were to take the time to talk to LEGAL Immigrants from Mexico, you would know many if not most agree.

I AM Anti-Gang Members, Anti-Drug Dealers, Anti-Violent Criminals and most of all Anti-Anti-Americans. I AM NOT Anti-Mexican.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Night Star is right about about the myth that they are taking jobs that no one wants.I was getting a salary and had insurance until they walked into my job and offered to do it for 7.50 an hour.Next thing i knew i got a drop in my pay to that wage,no sick days or personal days,no benefits and all my memos started coming in spanish duplicates.To add insult to injury my boss told me it would be good for my job security to learn their language!!..Without insurance i was forced to go to a free clinic when i got sick and had to wait 2 months to see a doctor because of all the illegals they take care of on our bill there.It's disgusting.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
what's wrong with you morons.....this is an OLD bill from last year!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If I was president Id do everything I could to have a wall built on the border with machine gun towers. They can come here but they better come here legaly. Any illegals here now would get tossed over the fence.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

First, sorry to hear about your sister's wife.

To accuse those of us who have common sense of being Anti-Mexican is just pure hate mongering and a lie of the very worst sort. If you were to take the time to talk to LEGAL Immigrants from Mexico, you would know many if not most agree.

I could care less about the amnesty. That is a wolf in disguise. This is about the way Mexicans have replaced the word illegal. When all this secure the border mess started, I was behind it 100%. Still am to a certain point. However, when all this started turning to "all those Mexicans" it really irked me. Many of you guys don't have to worry about being profiled, harassed by cops, ask to prove you are a citizen. Many hispanics, illegal or not have to do it almost on a daily basis because of all of this. Brown is the color of the day.

If the US wants to round up all the illegals and send them back, then be my guest. If they want to secure every inch of the Southern Border, then be my guest. But for them to get on TV and try to paint one race as the root of all evil is uncalled for. It hurts many Mexicans that were downright born in this country and don't deserve to be looked down on because people ASSUME all Mexicans are illegals.

Before 9/11 where was the chant for getting rid of the illegals? After 9/11, who led the charge for getting rid of illegals?

How many of them hijackers were Mexicans?

Funny how Mexicans have had to deal with more BS from the government than the ones responsible for 9/11.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
reply to post by pizzaguy

I think many realize this, but I think that people are discussing this issue as it remains a pressing crisis in this country where 10% of the population is illegal.

EXACTLY Myn......this is WHY I made this thread.....I didnt see this vid clip back when it was critical and timely.......I am stunned it was not all over the ATS boards.
LTNS Myn its nice to see you around

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I don't understand what compels Harry Reid, Ted Kennedy, etc to keep constantly trying to shove this own our throats ... the other day Reid made a statement that we should "eliminate our border with Mexico because it stands for fear and intolerance". Everytime I turn around their is another amnesty bill ... did they not get the hint 6 times ago that WE THE PEOPLE OF THESE UNITED STATES are opposed to this plan? I hate to think what will happen now that this clown is the Senate Majority Leader

Who the hell is he to tell us to eliminate our border fence? Is he a US senator or a Mexican senator? I honestly would not be suprised if it comes to light that he and a significant amount of the upper echelons of the US government are receiving some sort of bribes from Mexican officials and US big business figures.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Holy crap. That is ridiculous, I hope they ammend that really quickly. There is no way American people will stand for that, at least I would hope not. One step closer to the NAU I guess.

That is really a shame.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

I don't understand what compels Harry Reid, Ted Kennedy, etc to keep constantly trying to shove this own our throats ... the other day Reid made a statement that we should "eliminate our border with Mexico because it stands for fear and intolerance".

Is this their real goal or are they using a divisive issue to distract the mass?

I personally feel that the whole amnesty/illegal issue is just a gimmick.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Two things.
Firs. I have a question. I saw a lot of emotion here but I didn’t find a clue if that law is already approved by your government or whatever to take effect in fact?

The second case is my opinion as non US citizen which has no interest to travel to America. How do you answer to my points.

1. Historical aspect. As I remember US was billed by colonist, immigrants so in the beginning when you made your constitution immigration to America seemed not to be a problem to the rest.

2. Civilization aspect. Don’t you understand that people would be moving over the globe no matter how much would you like to stop them? They always would be looking to a better place to live. It happened in every part of human history.

3. Humanitarian aspect. Don’t you see the similarity of situation of illegal immigrants to the nineteen century slavery. They have no rights, they are treated like slaves very often.

4. Economic aspect. If the illegal immigrants would become US citizen they would start to think about their own future, they could made a progress, they would start to pay taxes in the future even if they would be in the beginning discharge of that duty. You probably underestimate the positive impact on GDP grow would in your country.

5. Criminal aspect. Illegal immigrants have objective problem to get legal work. I supposed it is not surprising to anyone. Do you ever wonder that they are attractive to all criminal groups. They feed them as illegal cheap labor force or they become criminals. This could be easily ended by such lore.

The only think you had to give up is that they are human beings like you and they probably have no other option in their lives if they chose that path. I assure you, no matter what was the reason living own country is always dramatic decision so they are not doing this for fun or to piss you of.

Other way, start building wall like this in Israel and wait for rocket from the other side.

One way have a future, other not but it is your choice.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by odyseusz]

[edit on 20-1-2009 by odyseusz]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
I don't understand what compels Harry Reid, Ted Kennedy, etc to keep constantly trying to shove this own our throats ... the other day Reid made a statement that we should "eliminate our border with Mexico because it stands for fear and intolerance".

Kennedy and Reid are the same type of person. People who have enough money to be protected from the problems that this issue brings with it. Their children , grandchildren don't have to go to school with a multitude of children who speak no english, they don't have to live in neighborhoods where english is never spoken, where police are constantly arresting illegal Colombians etc for selling drugs on the street, their families don't have to fight to find jobs that are being taken by illegals who will work for half the money and their social security numbers aren't being stolen every day.

I think that any congressman or senator that is pro-amnesty should be forced to live in that environment with their families for a year to fully understand the problems on the ground for ordinary AMERICAN citizens. The problem as someone stated on a thread at ATS is that we have career politicians who don't care about the people who live everyday lives - they have positions of power not service.

Rivergoddess you still have the best avatars around!

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilman
To everyone that says anti-illegal = anti-Mexican. Look, if I had a heard of cows running through my living room tearing everything up I'd probably be anti-cow. If they were horses I'd be anti-horse. If it was a whole bunch of cows and just one horse I'd probably be mostly anti-cow now wouldn't I?
[edit on 20-1-2009 by tinfoilman]

That's exactly how I feel. Living in Texas, there are so many "cows" that I don't even notice the "horses."

I'm all for immigrants, but I think they need to be Legal. Maybe if it wasn't for all of the "perks" so to speak, and the entitlement that I see many (but not all) of the Illegals display, it wouldn't be such a big deal.

As far as "perks" go, say that you have two pregnant women: one white, one Mexican (and I only say that because I live in Texas). The white woman has everything to prove that she is here Legally, but the Mexican woman is obiviously Illegal (as in can't prove her Legality/has papers that are obiviously not her's). Now it comes time for both women to have their babies, and both women are having a hard time financially, so they have to go to the county hospital where the bills will be little to none. The white woman is turned away because she is Legal and is expected to be able to afford her bills, while the Mexican woman is accepted even though she is obiviously not a Legal citizen. The white woman has to go to another hospital where she has to pay for all of her bills personally, while the Mexican woman gets a free ride from the county. I know this is true because this is exactly what happened to my parents several years ago. Granted, it was several years ago, but from watching the local news, I know things like this still happen.

Again, I am not anti-immigrant. Some of the nicest people that I have ever known have been immigrants. My problam is when hard working, law-abiding, LEGAL immigrants/citizens are turned away, while ILLEGAL people have things like costly medical bills payed for them by the county.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Normally I would be opposed to amnesty but I am going to make an exception for this reason. If given the opportunity to legally vote, they will. They will vote in mass, but since they will have legal options and choices on candidates, they will not be voting for gringo.

So at last when all these worthless sacks of *snip* are finally out of office we might have a government that works for the people instead of against it.

Bienvenido los jefes supremo de los latinos.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by odyseusz

Hi Odyseusz, I know a few million people back in South Africa who can't find a country who will accept them legally or illegally. Will Poland accept them? Poland has a population of about 39 million and I am suggesting that Poland give these South Africans ( all of European descent) illegal/legal status - that would be about 10% of Polands population? Oh wait, they can't because the EU won't even give South Africans visas to visit EU countries. So I think your rather well worded philosophical post only applies to what you think America should do.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by odyseusz
Firs. I have a question. I saw a lot of emotion here but I didn’t find a clue if that law is already approved by your government or whatever to take effect in fact?

As of right now, the law, or one like it, has yet to be approved. The problem for me, and I think many others in this thread, is that the same law keeps coming up again and again, even though many do not want it.

1. Historical aspect. As I remember US was billed by colonist, immigrants so in the beginning when you made your constitution immigration to America seemed not to be a problem to the rest.

Yes, the US was founded by immigrants, but that doesn't mean that immigrants can now have free reign and do what they want to. Things, and countries, change over time.

2. Civilization aspect. Don’t you understand that people would be moving over the globe no matter how much would you like to stop them? They always would be looking to a better place to live. It happened in every part of human history.

Again, it's the same thing as with number one. Everyone wants a better life, but that doensn't mean that you can do whatever you like. Each country has rules in place that everyone is supposed to follow.

3. Humanitarian aspect. Don’t you see the similarity of situation of illegal immigrants to the nineteen century slavery. They have no rights, they are treated like slaves very often.

The slavery of the Africans, Irish, and other European countries does not fall into the same line as a humanitarian aspect. The slaves were unwillingly taken from their country and brought to another.

4. You probably underestimate the positive impact on GDP grow would in your country.

Actually, I think that on a local leval, it actually hurts the economy. As of right now, I don't have anything to back this up, so please don't flame me if I am wrong.

The only think you had to give up is that they are human beings like you and they probably have no other option in their lives if they chose that path. I assure you, no matter what was the reason living own country is always dramatic decision so they are not doing this for fun or to piss you of.

I don't think that anyone is doing that to make people mad on purpose. I think that most Illegla immigrants are leaving their country for a good reason, but I think that no matter who you are and what country you are immigrating to, you have to follow the rules.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

Since WWII whole EU assimilated much more Immigrants than US, Poland was in communist oppression so we rather have a problem to get out from Poland not to have many immigrants. The problem with your Immigrants is that you can’t tell them which they could settled instead. Even if EU would open borders to more immigrants, that people in US would prefer your country. It’s not only the matter of money.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Grab the guns and lets have a civil war , These people dont get it , Its a LAW you dont get away with out paying ,Build a wall Deport them all

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by riddle6

Riddle6 : You left out one step in your story - the Mexican woman and her family are now citizens thanks to the birth of the baby.

I have a friend who had an illegal girl he dated, they got married and he applied for her to get permanent residence, turned out she had already tried this trick on a previous sucker so the USCIS wanted to deport her and she started pressing her new husband to get her pregnant so that she wouldn't have to fear deportment. He said he wasn't ready for a child and she decided to accuse him of spousal abuse instead and now has permanent residence in the US. The marriage lasted 3 months.

For all who are reading this - she wasn't Mexican, but from south of the border.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
this is scary and sad. Can anyone say civil war?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join