It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN (quote) amnesty bill WORST piece if -Snip- EVER!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Here we have Lou Dobbs reporting on the latest 'amnesty bill' being shoved down our throats, and its the WORST possible bill.

All Americans should watch this video.....it SHOULD BE REQUIRED!

..........its hard to even BELIEVE this is a real bill
.....its much more like a Saturday Night Live Joke clip, but this is NO JOKE what so ever.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

Staff Edit - Fixed Video Link

[edit on 1/20/09 by niteboy82]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Every American citizen should watch this and share it with everyone they know...

The American citizens will be PAYING for the lawyers for the illegal aliens, and illegal aliens will be bumped to the front of the line of those who are waiting on citizenship the good old fashioned way....and WE the citizens will foot all the bills with a smile on our face

If this is in the wrong forum please move it, but this is the forum I felt best suited this news clip.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I've been here legally for 20 years, I'm a political refugee, and I don't get this kind of royal treatment. This is all being pushed through by the same people who pushed through NAFTA, the SPP, and will usher in the NAU.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Had trouble with your link..., found it here: video.google.com...#

Great Scott! Is this bill for real? Are our Senators and Congressmen STILL not reading what they pass?

What form of "compromise" is this piece of trash bill?

Edit to add: Starred and Flagged! Great OP!

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

Thanks David.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
YAY! THANK YOU link posting helpers!!!

Im about crawling out of my skin trying to find a NON CORRUPTED link sheesh........was freaking me out as I could WATCH IT but not post it....and this NEEDS to be here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If this passes, I will personally lead the charge, as an immigrant to this nation by the PROPER channels, Law abiding, and honest, to repeal this law. This is just trash, people like this should NOT be put in front of me in line. I was brought here by the US government and have been a damned patriotic individual since arriving. I hold allegiance or even affiliation for any other country but this one. These people don't give a damn about America or her future and should not be allowed amnesty. That's just asking for future usurpations.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
NP
This vid is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. This isn't actually going to pass is it? The video was posted on Youtube Dec 7, 2008, so i'm so wondering if this thing had already ran through?

They couldn't possibly pass something like this...sanely.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I dont know HOW I missed this when it was going on.......I guess they were burying this under all the Election Hooplah and Holiday sales......

Just like they ALWAYS bury the most important stuff!!

This is BEYOND ridiculous!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
They deserve it and I applaud it. I am so glad if a bill like this passes. First of all, those immigrants are no less than you. I understand the tediousness that immigrants had to pass by the Bush Administration. However, Obama is another person, and I would like to see those 12 million people become residents and eventually citizens, as us they have to pay the same bills, work the same way, and it's even harder for them as they cannot even drive a CAR! C'mon, if you're a LEGAL resident and talk # about illegals I hope next time you renew you get kicked out! Why is it that us as Americans must be welcomed everywhere with open arms? When we are soooo strict with our immigration policies. There is enough of everything for everyone. Also, immigration didn't cause the economic mess there is now. So, you envious and stupid brats don't be so self conceited. Because of your egoism is that this country is going down. Where is America the land of freedom??

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If George Bush Jr can't be loved by Americans, then he sure as hell will be loved by Mexicans.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The US government DOES welcome immigrants with open arms, I'm here, after all. You want the statistics on how much crime goes on in the US because of illegals? Let alone that they are here illegally in the first place.

Gang bangers don't need amnesty they need jail and deportation. No one who breaks the law deserves anything. They are not contributing to the economy as they don't pay taxes and they are, indeed, a drain on the resources of several states particularly those states bordering Mexico. I can't be kicked out I'm here under a permanent refugee status, and will be a citizen by this time in 2010.

Don't talk to me about the hardships of illegals. I got here when I was 4 years old and we were broke and homeless pretty much for the first 2 years we were here. My mother, brother, father and I slept in a ford festiva for 6 months in LA. But we clawed our way out of that mess and have become productive and contributive members of American society. I have a brother serving in Iraq who is not yet a citizen.

My family and I sacrificed a hell of alot to be legitimate Americans. Just because I'm an immigrant doesn't mean I should have sympathy for those who break the law.

I am not blind to their sacrifices either. But they do NOT pay the same as I do, and there are broke and hungry Americans that could use the jobs they are pilfering. Instead of Mexico making Mexico better, the government there actually ENCOURAGES people to come here illegally because it is our dollars, and our medical services, and our education, that suffers the expenditures. And it is our police and border patrol that have to deal with the ridiculous crime rates.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by falucho05

Where is America the land of freedom??

Land of freedom?? That was gone long ago. We don't bother with the constitution anymore. Our government craps on it daily.

I have nothing against the people here already getting legalized...but i don't want to pay for it. I don't have the money...no one does. The country is broke and things are going to get worse.

After all, this is not the land of freedom...this is the land of "where's my share?"

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Isn't this the 6th time that some bonehead has made an illegal amnesty bill and attempted to ram it through?

The last few times 90-95% of faxes, emails and calls to congress were AGAINST the bill. The last two times it was thwarted mostly thanks to Hal Turner (yeah the evil white racist yady yah) organizing a large group of people and publicly releasing the names, phone numbers and addresses of congressmen/women for people to 'voice their opinions'. The next day the congresswomen leading the bill had a faltering voice and said 'we've all had the phone calls...' while announcing its defeat.

When will people wake up, unlock their gun cupboard and march on this out of control government?!?! It has betrayed the will of the people SIX TIMES NOW. Hopefully more people will go do some 'target practice' at the border to send a clear message.

Build a fence, instead of a NAFTA superhighway.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Sounds like they are giving up the ghost, there is no way most of those people would be able to pay (or repay) for legal services anyway. At least this way they can openly apportion budgets instead of hiding this practice as some municipalities have done for many years. At the very least it would make the government accountable because public funding could be more carefully scrutinized.

I really do not like this move considering what is going on with drug cartels coming over the border unchecked in the southwest. Drug-related violence is out of control in Mexico, god help us if they start taking over tv stations and assasinating politicians and police personnel as in Mexico City.
From what I understand ransom kidnappings are pretty common now along the border. M13 makes the Bloods and the Crips look like kindergartners and that is a scary thought, they kill for fun and not just other gangbangers.

Making most of these people citizens would pay off in the end through taxation which also would give them access to copay preventive medical care instead of writing it off as indigent care which many facilities do. So many indigents use clinics and ERs in Florida that a lot of hospitals are moving into privatization since they can refuse treatment when funding runs out, I have been through this since losing my insurance and I am white. At the very least they could buy car insurance and have access to safer vehicles than a ghetto beater, that's a huge issue here because so many drivers are uninsured (and driving illegally). Meaning if you get hit, tough luck and they can sue you because you are insured.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I really don't know what to say that wouldn't violate the ats tos. I'm rendered speechless for the lack of tactful language that rightly describes this bill.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by falucho05

So, you think it's ok for the taxpayer to send money to Mexico for education and health care programs when they are needed in the United States?

There are words that describe people like you, none of them are gentle.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
While these illegals are going to their jobs everyday, my husband and I are forced to live off of unemployment and our retirement funds! These supposedly poor people come here to make a living and in no time, own their own businesses, big gas guzzling mini vans, own their own homes. And they expect us to feel bad for them? I am so angry! I am sick to death for having to press 1 for english! I am sick to death of getting pages of info in english and spanish! All other immigrants come here and speak english. No other illegals come here and demand things like the hispanics. There are wonderfl spanish people here in America who speak the language and don't demand a thing. It's a shame that they have to be lumped in with all the others.

They are not just taking jobs that American's don't want!!!! I know this as a fact! I have seen illegals hired over citizens. How do I know they are illegal? They told me! I have seen cities where entire neighborhoods had nothing but graffatti on the buildings and garbage everywhere. It is shocking! All the stores, dry cleaners, restaurants etc with big signs in spanish. You are lucky if there is a single word in english!

Sorry, but millions of citizens have no jobs and are worried sick about how they will pay all their bills and medical and care for their families.

Let's talk about all the stolen identities and all the crap people have had to go through to prove their own identity. Let's talk about the gangs and all the people sponging off of welfare system while citizens are forced to use their retirement funds so they can survive. Do the illegals feel bad about any of that? No they do not!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by falucho05
They deserve it and I applaud it. I am so glad if a bill like this passes. First of all, those immigrants are no less than you. I understand the tediousness that immigrants had to pass by the Bush Administration. However, Obama is another person, and I would like to see those 12 million people become residents and eventually citizens, as us they have to pay the same bills, work the same way, and it's even harder for them as they cannot even drive a CAR! C'mon, if you're a LEGAL resident and talk # about illegals I hope next time you renew you get kicked out! Why is it that us as Americans must be welcomed everywhere with open arms? When we are soooo strict with our immigration policies. There is enough of everything for everyone. Also, immigration didn't cause the economic mess there is now. So, you envious and stupid brats don't be so self conceited. Because of your egoism is that this country is going down. Where is America the land of freedom??

why have i had to pay taxes for the last 7 years and provide my own medical coverage,,,,and you say an illegal alien shouldn't have to pay taxes for the last 7 yearts,, they get off scott free???

explain how that is fair,,, or sharing the burden of living in the united states???

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join