It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gordon Brown is British and we have saved the world.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Gordon Brown is British and we have saved the world.

news.bbc.co.uk

The prime minister said that without the new schemes, jobs may have been "needlessly" lost at healthy firms struggling to gain access to necessary funding.

"Good businesses must have access to credit," said the prime minister.

"It is because of this that we are taking the action to expand lending."

Shadow chancellor George Osborne said the details of Monday's package remained a "mystery".
Mr Osborne added that the prime minister "hasn't saved this economy and he hasn't even saved the British banks yet".

Liberal Democrat treasury spokesman Vince Cable said the government's latest plans were inadequate, urging instead for the whole banking sector to be nationalised.

"The government must bite the bullet on the public ownership and control of the banks to ensure that lending is maintained to sound companies who can keep the economy ticking over in these turbulent times," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
So us Brits are brilliant (previous posts to The Kingdom of Scotland included, but not your Royal Bank). When is Brown going to stop globally staging his brilliance and face up to his incompetent handling of his ability to hold up 'the world?'

Bit worried somebody else has done this one.... I am very concerned that Brown thinks that he is in control of banks and yet we are having banks he bailed out and passed off as good posting losses that our taxpayers simply cannot pay.

Is Brown on an ego trip, is he desperate, is he a con man, or is he some kinda genius?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Him and Tony Blair are no better than Bush. They should all be send to the Hague or be worked on with blowtorchs by crackheads pulp fiction style.

British politicians are no better than american politicians or mexicans politicians or zimbabwean politicians.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Him and Tony Blair are no better than Bush. They should all be send to the Hague or be worked on with blowtorchs by crackheads pulp fiction style.

British politicians are no better than american politicians or mexicans politicians or zimbabwean politicians.

I'm really glad you included Brown in the Iraq genocide. He paid for it, few understand that.

All power to you Vitchilo

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Bush should defiantly go to the Hague, Tony too... Brown on the other hand should go to charisma school
He was given a bit of a bad lot... Now we just gotta watch what Obama will bring.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Yeah, but Brown now as the 'Saviour of The World.' how does that stick? He went on a holiday in Iraq with his boss Tony, he's hard, he's a bully, but all it seems to me is that he destroyed Iraq and the English (and in full respect mode, the Scottish) banking system(s). *snip*.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/20/2009 by Badge01]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by redled
reply to post by Now_Then

Yeah, but Brown now as the 'Saviour of The World.' how does that stick? He went on a holiday in Iraq with his boss Tony, he's hard, he's a bully, but all it seems to me is that he destroyed Iraq and the English (and in full respect mode, the Scottish) banking system(s). *snip*.

I'll get docked another thousand points for the last word in my last post.....

[edit on 1/20/2009 by Badge01]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by redled
I'll get docked another thousand points for the last word in my last post.....

There is a little edit tab top right of your last 2 posts!! Word to the wise - Use it

Please Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
"Good business needs access to credit, so we can mess up their business model, take their assets and turn them into a mediocre business full of unsatisfied wage slaves that will never get as far economically as our media brainwashing makes them feel they have to in order to get laid"

The above is not what Gordon Brown said, but probably very similar to what he thought. Truth is a harsh mistress, sometimes.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Zepherian]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
"Good business needs access to credit,

Yup, that's the problem.

so we can mess up their business model, take their assets and turn them into a mediocre business

That's traditional Labour

full of unsatisfied wage slaves that will never get as far economically as our media brainwashing makes them feel

Yeah, keeping the poor poor keeps them voting for Labour, our New Conservative Party wants everyone to have a true stake and a hope.

they have to in order to get laid"

Didn't get that bit.

The above is not what Gordon Brown said, but probably very similar to what he thought. Truth is a harsh mistress, sometimes.

He's a very nasty manipulator, bully, lick up, kick below kinda character.

[edit on 19/1/2009 by redled]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Yeah, he's a bastard like Blair and bush. The credit crunch happened on his watch. If I saw it coming, how come he didn't. Give the bastard a job. And yes, he's a [SNIP]

Mod edit -

[edit on 20-1-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well, I'm being responsible, but he is cruel and the proverbial. He is in it for his name and his grandeur. He wants to give the rest of us a tenner, but no hope.[snip], as you say.

Mod Edit -Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
As a final word, Gordon Brown saved the world, you Americans included, but he cannot save his own banks. How arrogant is the British attitude in that?

[edit] And he should be in the Hague War tribunal body for all of that.

[edit on 19/1/2009 by redled]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Chaps, a heads up about the profanity. Some people may get their knickers in a twist about it, as the word is actually seen as the most offensive in the english language, especially too ladies. It might be worthwhile to edit your posts before the mods get here....

As for the topic, I doubt he has saved anything. Credit is still dried up, companies are going bust because of it and it all happened as a result of the de-regulation that HE brought in as Chancellor....

When has a debt problem ever been fixed by spending or borrowing more money?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

Is Brown on an ego trip, is he desperate, is he a con man, or is he some kinda genius?

In this thread the concensus seemed to be that he's just not cut out for the job:
We not only saved the world... While his Freudian slip about 'saving the world' was the cause of much merriment at the time, I was truly taken aback at the vehemence of feeling against his leadership. A number of posters were clearly fuming that he is in place, and hold him largely responsible for much that is currently amiss.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
reply to post by redled

In this thread the concensus seemed to be that he's just not cut out for the job:
We not only saved the world... While his Freudian slip about 'saving the world' was the cause of much merriment at the time, I was truly taken aback at the vehemence of feeling against his leadership. A number of posters were clearly fuming that he is in place, and hold him largely responsible for much that is currently amiss.

That's because he is what is currently amiss. A bully who bows to greater powers (America) not sincere with us or you, but I'm sure he'll get an important meal. For himself, and his ego and his narcissisum

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I disagree and dont think any politian or priminister could have stopped the recent crisis, let a alone prevent the damage. And I am not a fan of Gordon brown either

[edit on 22/1/09 by On the level]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Apart from the fact that the headline posted is not the same one as in the article, a lot of this shows quite a lack of understanding of the situation.

I don't agree with this measure, and nor do I agree with his plans to increase employment by expanding the civil service.

But let's get a grip here, and read the WHOLE article, and dispense with the misleading headlines.

new topics

top topics

join