It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is supposed to happen on the 21st or 22nd of January

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well at least Colin Powel has more merit then a blossom goodchild (note no caps)
I am very interested and watching.
For those who say fear mongering I will say I have no fear and am just interested.
The next week is gonna be fun just watching.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I didn't hear it all, they just said that US intelligence says something major can be expected before Easter. That's all I heard.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo
But by people looking and learning about all the facts presented to them, which might also include "doom and gloom" articles, isnt that what they are doing ...thinking and not sinking. They could always just sit in front of pop idol and not think about it I suppose. I would give people credit and hope they do more research for themselves and not just read one post and believe it.

As an example, here at ATS, I see more doom and gloom posts than posts about doing something different about a problem. But I also see your point, and dont have any debate that. There are those seeing all of this from different angles.

I just call it as I see it. I see more doom and gloom fans than I see fans of taking action to change things. The ratio is not good IMO. That doesnt necessarily mean that no one is thinking, it just means there seems to be a trend, and it isnt a trend of taking action, more like an action of complaint or crying wolf.

Thankfully there is a gradual uprise in awareness. Its slow going, but it is happening.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I have never been a "doom and gloomer". I still am not. I'm just curious as to what is going on behind the scenes. The REX 84 camps can't be just for housing disaster victims. They are mostly all old military prisons.

The Rex 84 Program was established on the reasoning that if a mass exodus of illegal aliens crossed the Mexican/US border, they would be quickly rounded up and detained in detention centers by FEMA. Rex 84 allowed many military bases to be closed down and to be turned into prisons.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I know. I know. This one is so easy.

Jan. 21st = Radio Shack, Battery-Of-The-Month-Club weekly meeting.

Jan 22nd. = Plant Owners Without Partners Monthly Get Together, then on to
"Clam Night" at Red Lobster. I thought everyone knew that.

What surprises me is no mention of Jan 23rd.

Sears, Craftsman Tool Extravaganza. Free Seminar:
"Your Shop Vac and Personal Hygiene" - 1,001 New Uses For The Crevice Tool.

regards.....kk

[edit on 19-1-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
From what I have been hearing on the news it might be something with North Korea. Nothing big though. Maybe some more missle tests or increased border tensions. Just to test to see where he stands on the issue. This is no small issue however it isnt big like some on here expect.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice

I have never been a "doom and gloomer". I still am not. I'm just curious as to what is going on behind the scenes. The REX 84 camps can't be just for housing disaster victims. They are mostly all old military prisons.

I was not and still dont suggest that you are. I am just posting my point of view to the post.

Originally posted by Christian Voice
The Rex 84 Program was established on the reasoning that if a mass exodus of illegal aliens crossed the Mexican/US border, they would be quickly rounded up and detained in detention centers by FEMA. Rex 84 allowed many military bases to be closed down and to be turned into prisons.

Right there should tell you that they are not intended to round up American citizens and their families and kill them all off.

It clearly explains that they are there in case there is a huge influx of illegals, and that may happen with the civil war going on in Mexico right now, so that there is a place for them instead of just having hundreds of thousands of illegals roaming the American streets. And no doubt if they were allowed to do that, then there would be crime and chaos to follow.

But if you read further on the FEMA plan for those bases and new constructed areas, you will find that FEMA's plans are intended to use them for emergency situations, up to and including housing displaced people after a major disaster.

But no where in any of the plans does it say that they are for rounding up American citizens to imprison them. That can only be found on the doom and gloom sites and blogs.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 19-1-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
With regards to the camps..
If they were for rounding up immigrants wouldn't there be bases in proximity to the southern borders?

Me being in the UK, we're not faced with these threats of imprisonment as all our prisons are full to the max as it is. So I presume they'll just send us to Wales and put razor wire around it..

On a serious note.. looking at that list of exec orders I would be running for the hills as soon as anything major happened...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

I know I am going to receive some negative responses for say this but, executive orders are in place just in case something happens. Besides Obama is going to reverse many of those orders.

President-elect Barack Obama is expected to move swiftly to reverse executive orders regarding torture of terror suspects, the military prison at Guantanamo Bay and other controversial security policies, sources close to his transition said, in dramatic gestures aimed at reversing President Bush’s accumulation of executive power.
source

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Why in the world would you think that he intends to reverse executive orders? Do you really believe him to ba a messiah or something like that?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Well, apparently water will be turned off tomorrow on the 22nd. That's pretty much the end times for me.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
So did anything happen on the 21st or 22nd of January?
What was the crisis? It's now January 24th.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join