It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a �true� terrorist threat in America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Something I�ve been thinking about. If there are a number of FOREIGN terrorists already in
america..why have they not struck yet?? I don�t by the argument that they are saving it all up for
one huge attack. Yes, killing thousands would be huge news but look at the �suicide� attacks in
Iraq and Israel. Imagine 6 terrorists with 20 pounds each of explosives ( typical of individual
bombers in Israel) put 1 or 2 in NY , LA or San Diego ect..on different busy street corners during
business rush hour or lunch......... What has happened after 911 as been tougher restrictions on
who?? Attacking Afghanistan and Iraq ( evidently these are the only countries to effectively train
and support terrorist that attack america) and tougher restrictions on its� own citizens. More
restrictions and security on Airline and now Rail travel in the U.S. The patriot acts to increase
surveillance on its citizens, freedoms restricted and/or taken away all in the name of �protection
from terrorists.� Apparently, it has worked?? The terrorist have said that they want to see
america burn and be ruined and kill americans ..yaddie yaddie yaddie....Imagine the panic and fear
all over america if the alleged foreign terrorist used the same tactics that they have used for years.
The new police presence, the striping of freedoms, the searches of america citizens, would people
still go about their day as normal?? American way of life would be radicaly changed, and very
very noticable to the average american. Look at what happened with the �sniper� attacks. People
were nervous, SOME went about their business as usual, schools closed or locked doors during
the day.......Now what if rather just fearing a possible random shooting, they now had to fear
every street corner or grouping of people??
Now look at all the questions left from the PHYSICAL evidence of 911?? And lack of any
verifiable forgien terrorist attacks in america before. I find it disturbingly odd that the alleged
forgien terrorist running around america have not used the tactics used so successfully across the
world, in a country were they would have the most freedom to walk around unhindered. We are
being lead to belive that forgien terrorist running around america have seen the futile attempt by
their brother terrorists around the world to kill their enemies and have radically changed their
tactics......in america only???? Something doesn�t add up..............

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
There has been a true terrorist threat in America since the beginning.

There are gangs and organized crime all over America's biggest economic nexuses that kill tons of people every year.

Then you got groups like the KKK, Aryan Nations (Neo-Nazis), and about a million murders and rapists. Not to mention drugs, tobacco and alcohol. They kill more people in one year than al Qaeda did in all it's history.

If that's not terrorism, I don't know what is.

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by sweatmonicaIdo]

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
im all for increased security. it'll cut down the chances of a terrorist attack. Anyway, if they took the pressure off the terrorists and gave citizens loadsa freedom, then theres a terrorist attack.... you'll do nothin but moan at the government for not protecting the country enough.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeniusSage
im all for increased security. it'll cut down the chances of a terrorist attack. Anyway, if they took the pressure off the terrorists and gave citizens loadsa freedom, then theres a terrorist attack.... you'll do nothin but moan at the government for not protecting the country enough.

No, I won't. IMO, there's nothing that increased security is going to do, anyway. You watch, there will still be another attack. But, I'm beginning to think that their strategy is not to attack America, but to place us in such a paranoid state, that America ruins itself with paranoid security measures. If indeed that is their plan, they're succeeding. All they have to do is sit back and watch America come apart at the seams, while we all trade what freedom we have left for a false sense of security. And when/if we finally drop our guard, that's when they'll do it all over again, I'll bet.

top topics

join