It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In a changing world, Portland remains overwhelmingly white

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The fact that you are taking your info from any oregonian run source shows that you are unfamiliar with the paper. The oregonian is a biased, propaganda filled periodical.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but the image in this article was just too perfect.

Anyway, carry on. I'll chime in when appropriate.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Hellish-D]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I imagine the article doesnt say anything about oregon's higher that national average population of asian, indian and hispanics americans as well. Hmm. Go figure.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Quote from original article:

"African American hires... often can't bear the social and cultural isolation of a metro area that is less than 3 percent black."

So black people are racist.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Gears Of War

Believe it, I live near Memphis and no matter how hard you have worked to get your family in a good neighborhood and what you think is a good school zone they take my children from the suburbs and ship them to an inner city school where they are hated because of their color and at risk every day. They only racism I see in Memphis is Blacks hating Whites and boy do they hate white people.

I grew up and in a mostly white area and never understood how anyone could judge someone by the color of their skin. I then was transferred to Memphis and can tell you if you have never lived in this type of enviroment you absolutely cannot judge how someones views can be shaped by their surrounding enviroment.

Take my advice never never never move to Memphis.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

In a changing world, Portland remains overwhelmingly white

www.oregonlive.com

As the nation's first African American president prepares to take office this week, metro Portland -- with its overwhelmingly white population and leadership -- is demographically out of step with 2009 America.
(visit the link for the full news article)

this is a racist article- would the "journalist" say that Detroit or New Orleans is "out of step" by being predominantly black, way over and above the black national average?

Same old same old politically correct nonsense on race- where it is white, attack and denegrate

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join