It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media execs prep for 'news emergency'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Media execs prep for 'news emergency'

www.infowars.com

Media executives must have been paying attention last week when President Bush declared a state of emergency for Tuesday's inaugural.

CNN's Washington bureau chief David Bohrman, for one, issued a "news emergency" of his own.

While Bush freed up federal funds, Bohrman made available satellite phones in the event of rolling cell phone blackouts. There will be cots and air mattresses for staffers camping out in the newsroom on Monday night, along with shower arrangements at a nearby health ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
They're preparing for a news emergency? What is that supposed to mean? There's a belief going around that some major crisis is going to happen around the 22nd or 23rd, but, as like every other predicted date, I put no interest in it. However, if does make me wonder what they are preparing for. Does the media know something we don't about what may be happening in the upcoming days?

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1/19/2009 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

There talking about the inauguration.
line 2

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think the key here is the "rolling cell phone blackouts" in DC. Last I saw, the cell phone companies were begging people in DC to use their phones only when needed and not send any picture or text messages until after the inauguration. They say they just don't have the capacity to handle 2 million cell calls all at once in such a small area.

Having everybody stay at the newsroom tonight is probably because they're anticipating an almost standstill in traffic in DC tomorrow morning. I believe most corporate businesses in the metro are shutting shop for the day, too, citing how impossible commuting will be for their employees.

All things considered, it's really more than a little inconsiderate of everyone to snarl a major city like that. I actually feel bad for the poor folks who live & work in the DC area who have nothing to do with the event.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I'm going to agree with you on this. I think the politicians who have suggested a major "test" early in Obama's presidency were referring to a global issue, not an attack at the inauguration. There are no flights in and out of DC. Everything is booked. The city is going to be jammed to capacity. Lots of people want to be there for this event. The end result is a massive crowd that can create all kinds of problems for the area. None of them intentional.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I'm sure people in DC are used to large crowds by now. I agree that traffic will be at a standstill.

However, even a Presidential Inauguration cannot stand up to the traffic in L.A.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I stay in Scotland we have this problem every year nationwide the whole telecom system shuts down "chokes" for several hours after hogmanay send a text at midnight and the recipient will likely get it one or two days later and yes i imagine that any thing can happen at a big event like this so the media are probably just being prepared for any eventuality loads of crazy things can happen purely because there are loads of crazy people out there

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
it's about communication and such----where so many people are gonna be attending,,,,and also be calling,, texting etc,, it may overload the communication systemsd in place

i think this is what they're talking about

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Today's morning news indicated that one porta-potty would be available for every 6,000 people. Honestly. Now that is the real emergency.

Their expecting over 6 million folks. Smithsonian Museums to open early to help accommodate the crowds.

I hope people opt for adult diapers. If not they might be able to pick one pair up at a street hawker for a cool $40. Prices will skyrocket however once the parties begin at nightfall.

Wish them luck.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
If anything it will be something on the 21st or 22nd, but you never know a bomb could go off in that massive crowd.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Maybe a news emergency is anything that's too close to the actual truth ?

Capice' ?

top topics

join