It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil war and vigilantism gripping Mexico

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
I would suspect that the CIA are having some kind of hand in this. Happened in Iran, probably twice IIRC, and I'm sure there are numerous other countries.

You know, in the game Fallout 3, the loading screens put up future news reports, and one is "US annexes Canada!"...I'm honestly at the point where I wonder just how far off that really is...

Many things are closer than you know...

North American Union - the merging of the US, Canada, and Mexico

Ron Paul speaks about the NAU - Conference in Canada on NAU was in secret

Government being run by the Elite = Plutocracy.

Plutocracy - aka Kleptocracy

The bail outs make the point of the Kleptocracy rather well.

The Trillions given out by the Fed that they refuse to disclose
those who received it makes a good point too.

They plan on crashing the Economies of all three countries and
then offering their solution.

The Amero.

The Amero - The new Currency of "all" of North America

They plan on controlling food, vitamins, and herbs.

Codex Alimentarus - former german plan to control food now backed by WTO

WTO = World Trade Organization, and they are going to cram
GMO food down our throats and outlaw some herbs and vitamins.

Good Luck to you all !

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   

GUATEMALA CITY: To join one of Central America's fierce street gangs, Benky, a tiny young woman with heavy mascara and tattoos running up and down her arms, had to have sex with a dozen or so of her homeboys one night. She recalls sobbing uncontrollably when the last young man climbed off her and everyone gathered around to congratulate her on becoming a full-fledged member of the Mara Salvatrucha.

To stay in the male-dominated gang, her leader ordered her to rob buses, grab chains off people's necks and even kill a girl from a rival gang. She always complied, although Benky is not completely sure whether her female rival lived or died after being hit by the bullet she fired into her back.

Girls in the midst of the deeply machista gang culture thriving in Central America often find themselves straddling the line between victims and victimizers. It is abuse in their home lives that often propel them into the gangs in the first place, and those gangs often continue the abuse under the veil of protection. The gang is their adopted family, they say, offering what proves to be an unpredictable mix of affection and aggression.

"If a girl is getting abused by her father, the gang will step in and end it," said Gustavo Cifuentes, a streetwise former gang member with an extensive rap sheet who now works for Guatemala's government, trying to lure gang members to better, law-abiding lives.

If the girls do not follow the directions of the leader, Cifuentes acknowledged, a beating or even worse will be the result.

Experts say that as many as 100,000 gang members rule the streets of Central America, most of them in Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras. The gangs have affiliated groups in Mexico and the United States, creating an international net of lawlessness. How many are girls is not clear, though a recent study said that as many as 40 percent of the region's gang members may be females, showing off their sexuality even as they learn to strut and throw a fierce punch.

It seems Houston has got a problem in its backyard. I think the threat an organized network of criminals forms is of greater significance than some seem to think.

Source

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Mdv2]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

I'm not entirely sure what you were trying to get at in that post except from the fact that there is a great deal of links between gangs in different countries. But if that was what you were getting at why did you post such a large extract? Just wondering.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Cauch1

What don't you get? You don't understand the relation between a possible civil war in Mexico and organized criminal networks in the US and Mexico? You really don't?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Yes Mexico is very corrupt, and it has been for sometime. Before, the cartels would buy out generals thus canceling each others influence out. For example X cartel would buy out key generals in key areas or check points to secure a route. But things have some what changed.(not the corruption)

I recently took a trip to the state of Sinaloa (almost all drug cartel leaders originate or have ties to this state) their were soldiers every where you look. I stayed in a rural town were there has always been a high influence of The Juarez cartel, for the infamous Amado Carillo was born nearby.

The Juarez Cartel and its families has been effectively driven out of the area. But i was told stories in which another cartel the Sinaloa cartel lead by "Chapo Guzman" has been operating freely in the area where convoys of SUV were mask men with AKs (not military/Government) have been raiding homes in the middle of the night. (how can a convoy of a least 10 trucks not be stopped by police or military?)

To me it seems evident that the Ruling Sinaloa cartel with its leader Joaquin "Chapo" Guzman has effectively bought out the military generals and government in Mexico allowing him to openly operate and assassinate his foes

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

..snip...

As the war against cartels escalates in 2009, so will threats, particularly against U.S. officials and other Americans, said officials, analysts and diplomats, including U.S. Ambassador Tony Garza.

"Calderón must — and will — keep the pressure on the cartels, but look, let's not be naíve: There will be more violence, more blood, and, yes, things will get worse before they get better. That's the nature of the battle," Garza said. "The more pressure the cartels feel, the more they'll lash out like cornered animals."

He advised Americans traveling to Mexico to check State Department travel alerts at www.state.gov.

A U.S. intelligence official based along the Texas border warned that U.S. officials, American businessmen and journalists will "become targets, if they're not already."

The official, citing information from informants and other intelligence, said attacks against Americans may include car bombs placed outside consulate offices and embassies or attacks on "specific individuals."

The threats, the intelligence official said, are a result of "growing frustration" among cartel leaders and the internal dynamics of cartel organizations. He described the drug gangs as "transnational, with deep financial, cultural and social ties to Mexican and U.S. cities, whether Ciudad Juárez; Culiacán, Sinaloa; as well as El Paso, Houston or Dallas."

The soaring level of violence has led the United States to develop plans for a "surge" of civilian and perhaps even military law enforcement should the bloodshed spread across the border, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said Wednesday.

Chertoff said he ordered specific plans to confront the violence last summer.

"We completed a contingency plan for border violence, so if we did get a significant spillover, we have a surge — if I may use that word — capability to bring in not only our own assets but even to work with" the Defense Department, Chertoff said.

advertising

Evidence of Mexican drug cartels has spread across the United States. Federal agents in Western Washington last year took down two drug-distribution rings with such links, according to court records.

In May, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) agents arrested 17 people connected to a coc aine-distribution ring in Burien. The ring was based out of a Mexican restaurant and was moving as much as 36 pounds of coc aine a month, said Arnold Moorin, the special agent in charge of the DEA's Seattle field office.

Source of article and attachment.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88
Government leaders working with gangsters.

Sounds alot like what Obama wants to do with terrorists. (talking)

USA will be the next mexico.

Obama wants to talk to states (y'know, governments) to progress relations that DON'T create thousands more terrorists.

Bombing one terrorist and killing a hundred innocent people in the process was not and never has been the right way to fight terrorism. Just because Bush convinced people that it was, doesn't make it intelligent.

And if you believe that America will be another Mexico in that there will be massive civil unrest, you're probably right.

But, you won't have anything else to blame but the financial crisis, and what happened under Bush.
In the last 8 years he has allowed the financial institutions and corporations to call the shots, he has refused to regulate (just like those before him) and sunk the country into massive debt with needless wars on two fronts for the sake of making oil corporations and arms manufacturers wealthy.

Obama will do things differently, properly, intelligently. He's not a "terrorism" fanatic like Bush was.
No doubt Obama will have a struggle fixing what Bush messed up, but you can't blame him for the actions of the previous government.

I don't think Mexico is quite on the cusp of being a failed state just yet. I haven't seen the evidence to suggest it is. Sure things are bad there, but this just seems to be a war on the ground between two parties rather than a civil war engulfing the nation.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

I understand that I simply don't understand why you had to put such a large extract when it was only the part at the end that was the part you were making a point over.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I had no idea it was this bad in Mexico to be honest. It seems to be going downhill fast.

The scary thing is if it crumbles completely and so does the US, people will jump at the chance to be "saved" by the NAU. That's how TPTB work. It's far easier to make people actually want it, then it is to force it upon them.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

the situation was not out-of-hand, until the Mexican gov't got a load of money to combat the drug cartels to the point they were 'taking out' a lot of drug lords..
so in retaliation the cartels start murdering more.

it is presumed that the CIA is involved in the change of tactics by Mexican
drug enforcers...
because anarchy, or the approaching seccession of some southern states of Mexico could force the abandonment of NAFTA, which is a growing factor
in the USA congress.
the recent $400million given Mexico, seems to have found some of that $$ into the Mexican sponsered program
trying to attract back the Mexicans which have crossed into the USA.

(they need a population of 'conscripts' to man any armies to fight the cartels and the independence seekers)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join