It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil war and vigilantism gripping Mexico

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Civil war and vigilantism gripping Mexico

www.americanchronicle.com

A full scale civil war is underway in Mexico. The Mexican President Felipe Calderon and the powerful drug cartels that operate unmolested throughout Mexico are locked in a battle over control of the country. With tens of thousands of the Mexican army fully deployed and often fighting Zetas´ (ex-Mexican army Special Forces trained in the U.S.) who is now working for the cartels.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

The Mexican government has not been able to curtail the on going gruesome and erupting new violence and confrontations between the two warring parties throughout Mexico. This relentless fighting with casualties on both sides is in truth and scope a civil war. Mexico try´s to hide that fact and the United States is apparently in total denial.

To date some 7,000 Mexicans have died in this war – all attributable to the government versus the rich and powerful Mexican Drug Cartels war.

During 2008 Mexico´s violent deaths broke historic records raising the death toll to 5,630 execution murders, beating out last years all time record.

In 2008, more people lost their lives in Mexico do to violence then were lost in the war torn countries of Iraq and Afghanistan combined.

I remember having read that the Pentagon published a study concluding that Mexico is at risk of becoming a failed state and linked the situation to Pakistan, 'where wholesale collapse of civil government is possible'.

Have more people noticed that the situation seems pretty severe while the media, at least here in Europe doesn't report on it? Same case in the US?

www.americanchronicle.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well that is what happens when a country decides to co-operate with gangsters and become lenient on criminal affairs.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Mexico has been corrupt for a long time, and have had issues with drugs and corrupt police for a long time. They're just tryin to make a buck. Most people there are very poor, the ones that are well off sell drugs, simple as that.

I have a lot of experience with mexico, and it's a pretty shifty place sometimes, but the conspiracy theorist in me wants to know how much of this drug war was influenced by the CIA?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

I'd probably say about 50% a few years back with the blowback being that the Drug Cartels are no longer under the CIA's thumb. Seems the CIA's an expert at destabilizing countries, but can they ever really put one to work without destroying the people?

What I find hilarious is that majority of the drug that is being smuggled is Marijuana. The day the U.S. ever decides that it's smarter to just legalize and tax it like alcohol or cigs, it's the day the Drug Cartels are going to go 'ruh roh'. They'll still have many other drugs to traffic, but weed's one that will piss them off due to it being such an easy crop to grow, harvest and sell. I grow my own, so screw 'em they aren't getting any of my cash anyway.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Back in the 70's it was the world at large that created the need or desire for the massive quantities of drugs out of Mexico. Now several generations later, they have no other option than to grow and manufacture drugs, they were spoiled by the money long ago. They just do not see any other way to make millions of dollars per load. Sure they could grow other things, but the markets are political and they could have mountains of coffee just rot in the ground before they could infringe on the ongoing contracts to sell.

Furthermore, it is hard to settle for thousands when they are used to making millions.

It is a sad situation, one that the world has turned a deaf ear to and a blind eye. I pray that the situation can some how be resolved before it escalates into more harm to the innocents.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Riviera

I wish it were legal, I would start a hemp farm tomorrow. Mass produce hemp and bamboo products? My dream.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Are you sure it's mostly marijuana?
Almost all of the stuff coming out of Mexico is as crappy as the reputation that it has.
Most of the drugs that I saw being used and circulated in rural Mexico were coke. I've also known plenty of Mexicans on this side of the border who have been involved in either selling or using coc aine, but very rarely pot. Pot is more local, coming from here in Washington State or BC, and if it was legalized it would put a lot of good people out of business, so I'm all for keeping it illegal and yet decriminalized.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Government leaders working with gangsters.

Sounds alot like what Obama wants to do with terrorists. (talking)

USA will be the next mexico.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Well you have to look at where the product comes from. There's a well established drug route emminating from south america, places like colombia and such that produce coc aine and stuff. How do you think they get most of it up here? We also have people on the border who are supposed to be guarding it but simply look the other way. Whole truck loads of marijuana, coc aine and such are able to get through entry points and what are the custom agents doing?

Look at the political landscape of mexico. The previous administrations led by the PRI bowed to the demands of these drug cartels. Everything was fine, the government wouldn't interfere or say anything about it. Now with the newer admins led by the PAN, the government actually acted against the narcos and arrested the cartel heads which caused a temporary war amongst the cartels for power. Eventually, they pretty much all clumped up and are in an organized war against the mexican fedgov. Also, look at where these narcos and the zetas are getting their guns, they sure as heck look like ar 15's, m4's and m16's, all american guns, but of course there are other guns like ak 47's and p90's but the majority of guns come from our side of the border. People really don't know the causes of this war and they shoot off their mouth *a prime example of these people is Lou Dobbs and Glen Beck*. I really do think that the mexican fedgov will be on the losing side, no doubt about it.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Another Obamanaut in denial.

Obviously you missed the scandals... no wait .. that's right the MSM covered his bum.

Obviously you missed the memo that his real BC hasn't been presented .. oh wait the MSM covered that up to.

Maybe you forgot that his credentials cant be viewed .. oh wait the MSM covered that up too.

If you get my drift .. read my sig son.

And btw .. that's my opinion .. if you dont like it ignore me.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Cio88]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Another Obamanaut in denial.

I've never voted for Obama one time, for anything ever. So your classification of Obamanaut must cover a lot of people. Kinda like "terrorist" or "insurgent." Thanks for the lesson on how to form opinions based on vague meaningless terms.

Obviously you missed the scandals... no wait .. that's right the MSM covered his bum.

I get my news from the internet and sites like ATS, I don't even own a TV with which to watch this MSM of which you speak. Where do you suggest I get my news...from you?

Obviously you missed the memo that his real BC hasn't been presented .. oh wait the MSM covered that up to.

Nope heard all about it, and even tho I'm a not an Obama supporter I just don't care about a stupid technicality like that. Let the man do his job, if he blows it then oust him. Obviously you missed the memo that this thread is about violence and corruption in Mexico, and not about Obama.

Maybe you forgot that his credentials cant be viewed .. oh wait the MSM covered that up too.

Yeah look, the guy I voted for didn't win either but you don't see me crying a river about it. And really what kind of credentials do you expect? Do you really think an artist, or a writer, or an athlete, would do a worse job than someone with "credentials." Look at what a good job all these career politicians have been doing over the years.

If you get my drift .. read my sig son.

Yeah cute sig. I get yer drift, yer a whiney I can't stand Obama troll. Get over it.

And btw .. that's my opinion .. if you dont like it ignore me.

and btw, your opinion is backed up by nothing substantial...if you don't want me to respond to it then don't post it in a discussion forum on the internet. duh!

Congrats Cio88, your the latest genius to get schooled by...

-Liquidsmoke

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm sure I did, assuming thats you in your avatar .. do you feel tough with a gun?

I could care less what you think politically because you would treat me the same. That's the problem with you ...and this country, YOUR opinion is right and everyone else is wrong.

And as mine were.. your comments are back by .. you guessed it ... nothing.

Oh and by the way, my original post was just a comment on the similarities of the situation, your the one who got their panties in a bunch

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Cio88]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I'm sure I did, assuming thats you in your avatar .. do you feel tough with a gun?

I was actually going to put the following post script into my last post, sorry I didn't do it.
PS I expect you will next call out my avatar as you have nothing left, and this is mating call of the loser.

I could care less what you think politically because you would treat me the same. That's the problem with you ...and this country, YOUR opinion is right and everyone else is wrong.

Good, because you still have very little idea of how I think politically other than that I am not an Obama supporter, which you originally assumed and were completely wrong about. So we at least know that you have a track record of poor opinions when it comes to labeling people.

And as mine were.. your comments are back by .. you guessed it ... nothing.

Actually all my comments regarding corruption in mexico are based on time spent in mexico and the usa with real mexicans. I think thats a little more than "nothing."

Oh and by the way, my original post was just a comment on the similarities of the situation, your the one who got their panties in a bunch

You didn't point out any actual similarities, and you even admit that your own comments are backed by nothing. You took a shot at Obama and how he's in cahoots with terrorists, which is obvious trolling. Any respectable ATS member should have their panties in a bunch so to speak.

Now are you gonna start talking about the corruption in mexico; if not can you just take your Obama trolling elsewhere.

Thank you.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by liquidsmoke206]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
You know, I starred this thread simply because it was about a country other than the US.

But of course as soon as I start reading the detail, I see that we were behind it after all.

With tens of thousands of the Mexican army fully deployed and often fighting Zetas´ ex-Mexican army Special Forces trained in the U.S.

Yawn, normal service has been resumed, as you were.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
yeah USA trains the soldiers, who eventually end up working for drug cartels, that were either started, funded, or allowed to continue by the CIA. The USA is everywhere, but this is still largely a discussion about mexico, although our 2 countries are connected by more than just a border, so naturally the USA has to come up in the discussion. Not the end of the world though.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Nope heard all about it, and even tho I'm a not an Obama supporter I just don't care about a stupid technicality like that. Let the man do his job, if he blows it then oust him. Obviously you missed the memo that this thread is about violence and corruption in Mexico, and not about Obama.

Those silly "technicalities" like a President having to prove his birthplace to be the U.S. as the Constitution demands.

Silly "technicalities" like the right of the "PEOPLE" to keep and bare arms shall not be infringed.

Well I guess the Constitution and the Bill of Rights are just chalk full of similar "technicalities" that can also be ignored. Or is it that we just ignore them when they pertain to persons of power, cause they damn sure aren't ignored when it comes to the average joe schmo. Stop dstroying my country by writing off it's framework as a gaggle of technicalities. Every penstroke in those documents matter and we should demand that it be adhered to by the letter.

My apologies to the OP - I am apalled by what is taking place in neighboring Mexico. thank you for bringing this information to our attention.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I would suspect that the CIA are having some kind of hand in this. Happened in Iran, probably twice IIRC, and I'm sure there are numerous other countries.

You know, in the game Fallout 3, the loading screens put up future news reports, and one is "US annexes Canada!"...I'm honestly at the point where I wonder just how far off that really is...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
oh great, more war. what is with this train of war lately? Everybody needs to just sit back and smoke some MJ together **&*.

On topic..
This is not going to just effect Mexico, it will effect the US as well. Think of how many mexicans we have living here in the U.S.. I Live in Las Vegas and let me tell you, they have swarmed this city.
This is going to be a big border war, and I really hope that nothing happens on our side of the border, say for example( stray rockets), sound kinda familiar? But this time, it will be from the friendlies.
This could also spark an inner city war here in the U.S among the illegals.
The legal ones Im sure wont give a damn since they dont have to worry about returning.
Just a thought, maybe I am looking too far into this, but thats just how my mind works, I think of the worst possibilities so I can prepare for them just in case.
this next year is going to be hell for the United States on all fronts.
If you ask me, Mexico(eventhough they are our friends) are one of our biggest threats ever, esp when they are losing control of their own nation.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join