It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D.C. Declares a 'Prostitution Free Zone' for Inauguration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

D.C. Declares a 'Prostitution Free Zone' for Inauguration

dcist.com

Reader Jason Cragg sent over this capture of a sign placed at 5th and Eye Streets NW, right in the middle of Inauguration Island. You're reading it right: portions of downtown have been declared a "Prostitution Free Zone" for the Inaugural celebration period. The best part? It has an expiration date, as though at all other times, hookers have free reign over downtown Washington -- hey, at least the MPD is honest.

Truth be told, this isn't the first time the MPD has declared a PFZ. You can read about how the law works here, but the basic idea is that it allows police officers to issue fines of $300 to a group of two or more persons found congregating in a public space or property within the PFZ for the purpose of engaging in prostitution or prostitution-related offenses. Still, these signs are sure to look mighty funny to most people walking through the area on their way to the Inauguration on Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Lol....Nice. I thought prostitution was illegal? Lol..are they drawing chalk lines in the pavement to keep the hookers at bay? Seriously...what the hell is going on with the world. I don't care about whether it should be legal or not, it's the fact that they are even enforcing this is what is crazy.

dcist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-1-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
If Washington DC is truly going to be a prostitution free zone, then all members of the House, all members of the Senate, and even Obama will have to sit outside city limits.

Hookers on the other hand, are much more honest about what they do for a living.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

haha....Hell...I bet most of those prostitutes will be making some appearances at government parties.

I'm sure many Congressmen "know" them personally.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
So Obama is already having a negative impact on one business sector

I guess the girls will have to take one for the team

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
does this mean freebies during the time frame?

this kind of posting shows the stupidity of our government at every level.

how much time and money was wasted coming up with the text, printing out the fliers, posting them and, subsequently, removing them?

It's beyond redundant to post that an illegal activity is illegal during the time mentioned.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
So much for Obama and Democrats trying to stimulate the economy.

I thought denying someone the opportunity to work was against the law?

[edit on 19-1-2009 by jerico65]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Politicians are prostitutes.
They will do whatever you ask them to for the right price.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
If this is the case I guess all of the Senators and Congressmen will have to drive all the way to Baltimore to find quality hookers for their after party.

Maybe this is why it will be a prostitute free zone, because they have all been booked up solid in advance

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I'd say it was needed.

Apparently there are quite a few members of Congress who had no idea prostitution was illegal!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Maybe the politicians are afraid a hooker might yell out their name asking for their money. Can't let the wife find out!

What a joke.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I guess DC centre will be pretty quiet then..

Maybe Obama doesn't want "Rosie the raunchy" causing him grief by showing up!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Just a reminder to remember our poise, decorum, and manners, here in thread.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

top topics

join