It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHHH - Ramos and Compean Sentences Commuted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Story Here

On his last full day in office, President Bush commuted the controversial sentences of two former Border Patrol agents convicted of shooting a Mexican drug runner in 2005.

Ignacio Ramos and Jose Alonso Compean had their sentences commuted.
Their sentences will now expire on March 20 of this year.

Not pardoned. But commuted.

And very quietly on Bush's last day in office. :shk:

They should have gotten a full pardon AND $$ compensation.

Side note - at least it isn't the pardongate that Clintons pardons were - such as the Marc Rich pardon that Obama's Eric Holder was up to his eyeballs in.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I agree - they should have had a full pardon and compensation, and a medal for their work. But a commutation is better than nothing. At least they will be free!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
What got me was that he waited until the last day in office and did is very quietly. The entire planet is focused on Obama. This was sneaky. And it wasn't a full pardon like they deserved.

Scum Marc Rich gets a pardon.

These patriots get pooped on.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
And the will forever be convicted felons, with the attendant records and conditions.

No justice.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Totally agree with you, these guys should have been pardoned and compensated.

On a more upbeat note, I heard on the radio that even Dianne Feinstein was all for releasing these two guys. I was seriously doubting Mark Levin's sources when I heard this, but check this out:

Feinstein to Bush: Free Ramos, Compean
www.worldnetdaily.com...

Now I know the country is screwed up. Democrats propose tax cuts and Feinstein shows that she has a heart, unless I'm missing something obvious like a re-election bid or obvious brownie points with a rabbi or priest or something.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Another calculated move. It seems Bush, with the help of the media, is trying to make it seem that "he wasn't so bad". Maybe it's just me, but the media has been very soft on Bush lately. Some of the things he has said during some of his exit interviews are ignored by the MSM, but things he has said to try to mitigate some of the things he has done are played repeatedly. Then they ask things like "What was your favorite 'Bush-ism'?". Like, forget what he's done to the country, just look back and laugh at some of the silly things he's said.

I guess he figures if he can lighten things up a bit, less people would want his head on a stick. Then he wouldn't have to live in Paraguay.

new topics

top topics

join