It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest Drug Users Finally Gonna Get It!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Yep, the feds have seized the MLB drug tests.

SAN FRANCISCO (April 9) -- Jason Giambi and Gary Sheffield didn't have much of a reaction to the seizure of results and samples of drug tests on selected major league baseball players.
The two New York Yankees and San Francisco's Barry Bonds were among those who testified during the offseason before a grand jury probing steroid distribution. All players have denied using illegal steroids.
"I can't express what I really feel," Sheffield said Saturday.
Under baseball's labor contract, results of last year's survey drug tests were to remain anonymous and confidential.
"Life is unfair but that's the way it is," Sheffield said. "I'm a big boy."
The raid occurred Thursday, shortly after the Major League Baseball Players Association filed a motion in a San Francisco court seeking to quash a subpoena for the tests.
Giambi said he would address the issue at a later time.
"I don't really know much about what's going on," he said.
Gene Orza, the chief operating officer of the players association, declined comment.

Anyone ever wonder how they are able to hit those homers? Does anyone really think Mark or Sammy hit all those homers on pure strength alone? Sorry, they call that kind of talent Horse Steroids. Upside is their testicles shrink. But finally, MLB, the number one users of steroids are going to get caught. Thank you pebble people for this!

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I don't know if they were really doing the 'Roids, but I think the recent SouthPark episode featuring steroid use in the Special Olympics summed it up pretty nicely.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
why is the federal govt getting involved in baseball?????????? to stop the rapant drug use in the sport??? or to get the people use to the govt getting involved in areas that do not concern the govt or that the govt doesn't need to be in?? areas that involve whatever recreation you like to watch or attend?? so, now more federal $$ will go into this.....the govt has soooooo much money to spend that it is just looking for a place to spend it because it has given all the money that all other federal funded programs need?????

new topics

join