It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop~Circle~Cover~Up!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I am currently reading a book on crop circles and the author states multiple times about the government hushing things up....

Farmers have sometimes been payed by mail, in an unmarked envelope, a large sum of money, just because they harvested their crops which had been affected by these circles. These farmers would even harvest these crops when they would yeild no grain/corn/barley/other thingies.

Multiple reports have also been filed and documented by groups going to study crop circles, who have been harassed by government helicopters. One group drove onto a road to get a look at a crop circle. Two black choppers flew up at them and hovered menacingly close. The group drove up on top of a hill. The choppers followed. Then, a seperate group coming in on foot was harrassed by one helicopter, forcing them to bring down a camera on a 15 foot pole that they used to capture images of the circle.

Then, their is the Doug and Dave story, two men who have claimed to make every crop cirlce since 1987. Even though they had been reported 500 years earlier. These two men were put into the public view by the media, and when asked to make a crop circle, failed horribly. However, these men, along with hundreds of others, destroyed the respect of crop circle researchers during the year of 1992. This year had many reported crop circles, most of them fake. Pictures included stick figures, a penis, and other things. All this made crop circles look like big hoaxes.

What do you think?

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I have stated in this in posts...wayyyyyyyy back in the dream time..might have even been on the old boards but.... here we go

In my local area we have encountered similar circles in our sugar cane. The have been "attributed" to willy willies or mini tornadoes that flatten the cane.

What this theory does not explain is multiple circles in close proximity to each other.. The mind boggles as to why the appropriate authorities make up such bogus claims.

M43

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Well, here is my theory about crop circles.....

Ufos use those crop circles as a docking bay for their ships right in the cornfields. They dock their ships out of phase and cloaked but still give off radiation energy signatures for the scientist to go crazy over and still leaving people with the ability to walk right through them. This is why people�s watches stop when walking into a "real" not hoaxed crop circle. And it is said there are energy balls that float around at night just like the flying energies people experience with alien visitations. What do you think?

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I think I'd like to see some documentation... done by skeptics.

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Byrd,

Real skeptics, not dogmatic ones like those from csicop...

M43

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
CSICOP ....huh?

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
wha?

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I've seen some pretty good documentaries on faking crop circles, where they did large, intricate designs, in just a few hours, that easily account for any imaginable scale of these circles. When done, they resembled found crop circles in every aspect. As for the dust devil theory, I'm sure it's likely that this was the cause of so called "ancient" reports of crop circles, as well as simple ones today. However, when the circle is perfect, and there are multiples, with lines connecting, etc., then it's the manmade variety. (imho) I'm sure it was more than those two men. In fact, I'm sure that afterwards, there were even more copycats, and this seems to bear out with the sightings increase. As for the black helicopters, there are numerous explainations, such as the force out looking for wild growing narcotics, etc.

Fox

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I watched this DVD last night it's a very interesting documentary about cropcircles and the whole hoax Vs coverup conundrum. The evidence for Other intelligences creating Crop-circles is extremely compelling. ANd I mean Extremely compelling.
It's directed by William Gazecki who directed "Waco: Rules of engagement", which he got an academy award nomination for.

The extras on the DVD are even more interesting..

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Do you think that they are trying to communicate?

Fox

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The thing that struck me is that all these hippie scientists who are commited to crop circle understanding keep on harping on about the aliens or intelligences or what ever are trying to tell us to save our planet. Pure damn arrogance I reckon. If I was trying to communicate with another intelligence I wouldn't be telling them what to do I'd just be trying to communicate - get some kind of dialogue going on. No serious science fiction ever has aliens trying to tell earthlings to save there planet or peril. Sorry for harping on, but I'm a bit sick of these self-centered alien agendas.

posted on Feb, 6 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Mandelbrot Set

This fractal can only be created with a computer. This fractal was also found in a field, overnight. Now, how could this be created perfectly, with everything in proportion? Oh, and can you explain the crop circles with hundreds of circles?

Now, on the communicating part. I think that they could be, but the message they are relaying probably isn't of dire importance. The message will probably be something that will reveal something very smart to us. If not, its just some bored, alien teenagers. :coo:

[Edited on 6-2-2003 by Inspectah]

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Well, I guess no body can prove it wrong!

Fox

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Ok, so these crop circles are extraordinary and it seems impossible that a person or persons could have created them (the 'Genuine' ones). But in the interests of open investigation, which appears to be being hampered by the powers that be, Mabye the intelligences that created these amazing crop circles are not necessarily Extra-Terrestrial. It's not advisable to look at a photo of a beetle and sermise that a beetle made the photo.

posted on Feb, 9 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Besides being very interesting and enigmatic, crop circle designs make great material for tattoos

posted on Feb, 9 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I've also seen a tape on tv of a cropcircle being made in which there were two lights flying around a circle being made in seconds...
Can't remember where I saw it though. Probably discovery channel.

posted on Feb, 9 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The BBC at one time had a documentary of a crop circle. They had footage of lights flying over a field, and later they found a crop circle. When they approached, the sound engineer of the film crew recorded a very high pitched whine, although there was no other machinery in the area. When they actually stepped inside the circle, their camera died, and when it was later torn down and overhauled, it was found all electrical systems inside it were burnt out.

top topics

join