It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China : Dazziling UFO seen and filmed by eight firefighters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

China : Dazziling UFO seen and filmed by eight firefighters

www.--.com

A remarkable UFO was seen and filmed in China by an entire squadron of fire-fighters in Liu Pan Shui City in the province of Guizhou through a camera with a 700X zoom capability. One of the fire-fighters, Wang Jia Wei, noticed an odd looking, brightly flashing star moving in a south easterly direction and went inside the fire-fighters barracks to get a camera.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Reports of ' diamond shapped UFOs' have been reported and filmed from all over the world . Resembling two tops joined at the middle . Although the film taken of this UFO is not yet available , the following video comes close to the photograph shown in the article.... www.youtube.com...

www.--.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Wow, I can't wait to see that video. I hope it's released! 700x zoom with a camera is that even possible? I don't know much about cameras but I hope it wasn't just digitally zoomed, digital zoom is terrible.

That youtube vid is pretty good, but still makes me wish the camera did a better job of capturing it. Hope this firefighter one is better, keep us posted if you find it!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I am very excited to see the film. Do you have any idea when they may make it public???

When I checked the link provided I was amazed to see this one, on FOX news of all places. Interesting that this never got much coverage isn't it???

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Wait a second!!!!!

the footage has been handed to government astrological departments for further analysis.

China has a Department of Astrology? Why would you send UFO footage to the department of Astrology? To find out its' sign?

Although I'd like to believe this... it appears even the author of this article is clueless.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Maybe because of their attitude?o_O

Quote: "The Chinese Government, however, is known to take a more open minded approach to UFOs and generally regards them as fact."

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

What does that have to do with Astrology? And further more, what would a department of Astrology have to do with UFO's unless it was really the department of odd-things-that-new-agers-are-into.

Perhaps they should send the footage to the Department of astroNOMY instead.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by Nightchild

What does that have to do with Astrology? And further more, what would a department of Astrology have to do with UFO's unless it was really the department of odd-things-that-new-agers-are-into.

Perhaps they should send the footage to the Department of astroNOMY instead.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by HunkaHunka]

I really don't know. To take some wild guesses, though, one possibility may be, that Chinese culture have allways had a foot in the realms of Astrology. Wouldn't surprise me if they therefor also had so "on the Top".

OR: A little more "down to Earth-explanation"; The writer of the article simply misspelled it, and ment astroNOMICAL.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

From Dictionary.com:
Astrological:
1. the study that assumes and attempts to interpret the influence of the heavenly bodies on human affairs.
2. Obsolete. the science of astronomy.

Not astrology but an older term used maybe in error!

[edit on 19/1/2009 by nerbot]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Luckily for Wang he was able to find a Panasonic camera used by his comrades to record damage caused by fires that allowed him to zoom in on the mysterious object seven hundred times. At that point Wang could see that the object was in fact two rotating spinning top shaped crafts or halves of a whole craft joined at a their bases. They were flashing a multitude of colours: Purple, red, blue, orange, white and gold.

www.--.com...

This is my demonstration of what Venus looks like when you use a digital zoom. Different videocams produced slightly different effects and by repeatedly zooming in and out the effect changes.

[edit on 1/19/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Awesome example of what many would call a UFO!

Thanks for the post

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Phage:

I knew it! I knew that digital zoom was bad! I know nothing about photography, so thank you for that video. From my own experience with my digital camera I've seen how digital zoom destroys pictures and stuff.

Why do they even include digital zoom on cameras anyway? You can digitally zoom a picture or movie on your computer yourself and lose less quality than from the camera, bah humbug! People end up digital zooming not really knowing what that does to quality, so that means lots of fake videos around that people genuinely believe is something strange up there.

Problem is too many amateurs, too few good cameras!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Digital = 0's and 1's (binary)

Analogue = 0's, 1's and everything in between.

That's why I still prefer good old fashioned "records" for listening to music.

(for younger members: Black, flat vinyl disk with hole in centre played using a stylus (needle)
)

[edit on 19/1/2009 by nerbot]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Are you referring to Phonographs? You should see how difficult it is to stream podcasts to my Victrola!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

As you are bringing up a valid point as usual, I just wonder if you could explain 0:21 - 0:29 of the following footage for us.

Thanks in advance

[edit on 19-1-2009 by MoonMine]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MoonMine

If what you mean is what I think you mean, it looks like something in between the light and the camera. Probably tree branches. The report is that the light was moving so the camera is following it. It happens through the whole video.

Even though my example is of the planet Venus, I did not mean to imply that this video is. Any bright light source causes the effects. This could be anything (a plane, helicopter, etc.) there is no way to tell.

[edit on 1/19/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoonMine
reply to post by Phage

As you are bringing up a valid point as usual, I just wonder if you could explain 0:21 - 0:29 of the following footage for us.

Thanks in advance

[edit on 19-1-2009 by MoonMine]

Looks to me like the camera man is slowly walking in front of some trees which is producing the blacked out effect, if that's what you are referring to.

But in contrast to the Venus video compared to this one - while they are similar, there is one major difference: the upper and lower half of the object appear clearly to be separated, bi-sected by a dark line in the middle that appears on the zoom. I don't know if that's a product of the camera as Phage said different camera give different results.

But one more thing to note, the story says they saw two spinning halves of this object - did they see that through the video or with the naked eye? Because zoomed out, this light looks like little more than a dot. I'm not sure how anyone could make out much detail without zooming in.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

If what you mean is what I think you mean, it looks like something in between the light and the camera. Probably tree branches. The report is that the light was moving so the camera is following it. It happens through the whole video.

This footage is not what the OP referred to BTW.

No, 0:21 - 0:27 to be exact. A shadow rotates inside the diamond, appearing from right back and disappearing left back.

Arguably something passes between the camera and the object, as does later on, but this particular segment does not look like something passes in front of the camera but rather like a field disturbance in the object.

Look closely.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This looks like an object my daughter and I saw in July last year in Wales, there were a few differences, one was it had a red strip of lights running up the left hand side at the top, and the bottom only had half of it lit up, when we made the report, the only thing I could think it looked like was a set of mobile steps that they use at Airports, same colour, just the bottom point blacked out and the red stripe, which looked as though it was made up of maybe 8-10 red lights, not flashing.

It stopped over the old Nuclear Bomber base at Llanbedr, and all crap broke loose on the ground, people with flashlights running all over the place, it then shot off over the Snowdonia Mountains, we figured about 40 miles in about 15 seconds, we made a point to check the next day, the distance to the only place it could have gone behind was 37 miles away.

The locals have said this was not the first time this has happened there, they had several reports over the previous 2 years.

So I know for a fact some of these objects look like that with the naked eye, so you cant say all of these reportings are simply down to the digital camera, because they are not.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The same UFO was filmed over Russia....www.youtube.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join