It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do I get slapped down short of any success?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Maybe you have a higher calling in life than what you are trying to do. If you really are able to assemble all these resources and are so smart and so much better than all these people and still loose maybe that could be the Powers That BE knocking you down a peg or two for chosing what you want over what they want you to do.

I understand that you have to have connections to get very far and that sometimes life just sucks, but every time. Law of averges says that a person should catch a break at least part of the time.

So unless you just have a complex where you think you are better than everyone, and I don't get that vibe from you, then you should do some soul searching. Prayer and meditaion. Find out what you are here for and ment to do. If you are walking the path you are ment to walk everything will line up instead of scatter like it has been.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
op

The subconscious to a certain degree dictates our habits, patterns and created reality.

Maybe there is something deep inside you, a BELIEF that is driving this, it is usually the case.

There was a Jewish person one of the first in the concentration camps, who outlived all those who died. Nearly at all times he held the focus of walking down the walk in the USA he had always wanted to go to when a child, visualised, imagined holding his wifes hands, did what he had to do where he was, but felt and believed that he would do that when the war stopped.

He had only seen this Walk/Street in Photo's before the war, had dreamed often about going there on holiday.

He made it a belief, it came to pass.

You will probably find something happened in your childhood that created this belief... maybe called "your soo unlucky" at a very emotional time, or "You never quite make it do you" and after that it happens again and the belief is then reinforced by a pattern created.

Please do enjoy this to hopefully help you stop this self defeat, the fact it is a belief is shown as mentioned in your words and affirmations to your self
in your post... the following has helped hundreds of thousands of people stop this unconscious self sabotage:

Belief Buster Morty Lefcoe Technique, Proven to work and this one is FREE!

Njoy

Elf

[edit on 19-1-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Leave it to Elf to come up with the real answers.....

Good one!!...watching the video right now and even though i thought i had i all figured out i'm gonna watch the entire series.....(i had to answer "yes" out loud once!!!....ooops)

Thanx

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
If your good at what you do thats OK but if your too good it upsets the system, and forces will conspire to knock you back.

You become a threat and have to be corrected accordingly. All my working life I have suffered the same to a point where I conceded defeat.

Whatever I have turned my hand to I have excelled yet have gotton nowhere. Now I spend my days sat at home surfing the internet and watching TV.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well, there's part of it. I drove myself to exhaustion to try to get where I wanted to be. And I'll be honest... it wasn't as much fame of fortune as some of you might think. I had a goal of working at one place- even if it was something like cleaning... and move to a job in the same company where I could use my talent. I Do some art, I have acting / voice acting skills. I wanted one woman for my wife.... and not one tiny BIT of it even came close to coming true. In fact, the exact opposite happened. And not only did the opposite happen, it was unreal as to the way it did- kinda like being mocked by the universe itself.

I am no better than anyone else... I have talent, I have a brain (for the most part), I had drive... oh boy, did I have drive. And I have had the universe suck me into a smelly, dark hole, chew on me, and spit me out. And meanwhile, watch others who didn't do a fraction of the work I did, breeze right on by.

And yeah... I am neither tall nor good looking.... to the point I had one woman refer me to a blind girl for dating since she 'wouldn't have to look at me every morning for the rest of her life'- and even the blind girl stopped talking to me all of a sudden- like someone pulled a plug. I mean literally. almost mid sentence.

I haven't cheesed off anyone big. At least, I don't remember doing that. I am sure being on the site has changed that...

As for having the essentials... that's a bit like telling someone clinging to the edge of a cliff "well, at least you didn't fall!" and leaving them there. What's the sense of surviving, when one has the potential for more? Possibly much more? It doesn't make a lick of sense. I am gonna review the replies and go thru each one in detail.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Leave it to Elf to come up with the real answers.....

Good one!!...watching the video right now and even though i thought i had i all figured out i'm gonna watch the entire series.....(i had to answer "yes" out loud once!!!....ooops)

Thanx

Pleasure,

I hope all take this lead lol,

problem with me I have millions of self limiting beliefs as I felt too much and was immersed too much when young lol, so it will take me a while

say it loud YES!!!

lol

Elf.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Dear Wylekat,

I can personally relate to many of the scenarios you describe. I too often feel defeated despite my best efforts / intentions. None of the psycho-mumbo-jumbo or "self-help"
crap, cute phrases or the latest fad "The Secret Law of Attraction" has ever eliminated my often deep depression or sense of failure and defeat.

But recently I have found one seemingly odd thing which lifts me, even temporarily,
from my perpetual pity party and it is free.

It may sound rather odd or morbid to some, but I go visit a hospital. In my case, it is the one I was discharged from a little over a year ago after suffering a major, near fatal stroke which has left me slightly paralyzed on one side and I use a cane to walk. ( I am typing this with my only good hand.)

Not that I want to feel better from other people's misfortune, but when I see the patients, worse than I, it makes me appreciative to be alive. I see people in wheelchairs, I see children in the pediatric cancer ward and I see tearful loved ones.

Then I get in my car and go home.

I feel lucky and grateful, even for a week or two, to be alive and don't feel so depressed.

Although I don't know how old you are, I do know that when I was younger and in school, I studied the lessons, then took the test. Now that I am older, It seems I learn the lesson AFTER the test.

Life can and does suck at times. But it can also be beautiful and abundant. Try to focus on the one thing that brings you joy. Simple everyday things can become miracles.

I suppose the moral of my story is....."I was feeling sorry for myself because I only had one shoe and then I met a man who only had one foot."

I recently watched an interview with one of my heros who recently died....Evil Knevil. (sp?) He felt, contrary to popular belief, that spectators didn't actually come to see him fall / crash. They came to see him try to get up after he fell. And he always did.

Sorry if this isn't what you expected or need to hear, it is all I can offer. Please know it is heartfelt.

Sincerely....kk

[edit on 20-1-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The phenomena the OP is describing is real. How do I know? I was in the same type of situation years ago. Guess what? I too had people saying "Oh, you need to think positive, blah, blah, blah". Only they stopped saying that when they started seeing it with their own eyes. Then they used words like "freaky", and "weird", and "scary".

To this day, people will tease me if I say I want to go buy "Product XYZ", because they KNOW every store in town will be out of it. For example, if I go to buy a vacuum cleaner, I can get one. If I go to buy the BR549 model of ZZZ Vacuum Cleaner Company, NO ONE will have it. This has happened many, many, many times. (Again, often enough that even FRIENDS have noticed and commented on it). It has happened so often, I don't even look at brand names anymore. (Oddly enough, I just realized that this doesn't apply to food brands, strangely enough).

Then, you have a guy on here saying just the opposite. No matter what happens, good things happen to him. As the saying goes, he could fall into a pile of manure, and come out with a rose. My son is one such person.

I've come to the conclusion that there are 3 types of "luck" in this world. I believe that there are people, who no matter what they do, will have bad luck. Then there are those who, no matter what they do, will have good luck.

Then there are the people who make their own luck. That is the type of people on here who are saying it's the OP's attitude, etc. Because they have the experience that their attitude affects their success.

More proof? My friends and I will occasionally go to a horse track. We go to have fun, drink beer, and usually bet $2 a horse (10 races). They will actively look to see which horse I betted on, and if they picked the same horse, they will change it. Because I almost NEVER win.

Here is a hilarious story my friends STILL talk about. One time, my horse was WAY in the lead. I'm talking he could have walked to the finish and still one. He almost could have walked backwards and still won. The horse tripped. Not just stumbled, I mean tripped to where he did butt-over-head cartwheels on the track. Three or Four of them. When was the last time you saw a horse go end-over-end, and I mean like you see in cartoons?

The OP is describing a very real phenomena, and if you haven't seen it for yourself, you won't believe it is possible. Notice the guy with good luck didn't say "Oh, it was his thinking/attitude/words"? He knows, because he's seen the opposite end of the spectrum.

If you have a friend like this, watch CLOSELY what happens in his/her life. You'll begin to see patterns that are ENTIRELY out of their control.

And that's when you, too, will end up using words like "freaky", "weird", and "scary".

Edit to add: Oh, and the things still happen to me. I just don't give a crap anymore.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
You are on this earth to for a reason and yours may be to learn about the pain of nearly achieving your goal but coming up short. I am here for another reason (I believe anyway) and have the opposite "luck". ANYTHING I do works. I hardly work at all and have had enormous success. Have insanely good "luck" when betting or gambling, etc.

FWIW none of this "luck" makes me particularly happy in itself. It is about the journey not the destination. And as patronizing as this may sound, you should try to enjoy getting to make many journeys.

- PM

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bcroper
Maybe you have a higher calling in life than what you are trying to do. If you really are able to assemble all these resources and are so smart and so much better than all these people and still loose maybe that could be the Powers That BE knocking you down a peg or two for chosing what you want over what they want you to do.

I forgot about that possibility. You may not be falling the "path" that you are supposed to follow and thus keep failing for that reason. Of course figuring out the correct path may be tough but if you listen to your inner voice usually it will be clear.

- PM

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
[edit on 19-1-2009 by cavrac]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Change your values, change your goals. When we ask for specifics what we are denying is everything else available. Positive thinking begins with thinking positively about what comes.

You can add me to the list of people on life's **** list. At least until recently. Things aren't perfect, but for the first time in over a decade I have a reason to get up in the morning and look forward to tomorrow. This for me only came after giving up completely, learning to accept what I had and what I was given. Then when I least expected it... The most amazing woman I could ever meet found me... It's the best thing that's ever, and I mean ever, happened to me. For you, it may be something different rather than love, but it can and does happen.

Sincerely, all the best on your journey. Try to keep your chin up and your eyes forward.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
perhaps if your kicked down long enough...you'll get back up like you were never really kicked down at all.

what do i mean? you my friend could be going through all of this so you can triumph later....im not trying to sound outlandish or psychotic...but if you suceed is absolutely nothing and everything you try you fail at...your bound to win at least once...

i suggest changing your mindset- you essentially create your own destiny through your thinking...if you keep thinking 'i can never do anything' then thats the way it will be my friend...if you always do what you've always done you will get the same results...

i hope you understand im on your side and dont take offense or ignore my comment. i've been there before...things tend to work themselves out if you let them but it does take some work on your part. try harder. think sucess. not failure. free yourself from your prison inside your head.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

That's kinda the reason why i put my story on here. Not to give the OP an even worse feeling by telling him how good my life is but because i've noticed the same (yet opposite) thing happening.
I my case it has been extra clear from young age because i have a 1 year old sister who never ever gets a break. Everything she does seems to fail were as i try exactly the same the results is always good.

I cannot even count the times she had to go to the hospital for god knows what (broken bones, broken teeth, serious illness etc..). I've never broken anything or had any disease while stat. speaking i should have been there 10 time as much with all the dumb things i did when i was young.

My mother even told me this to be fact and that is the reaon they always gave her more attention and extras when we were young 'cause she never had a break. While everything i wanted just seemed happen on request.

She says it has everything to do with how you look at the world.
(mothers always seem to know more about the world than we give them credit for)

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I do know what you are talking about believe it or not unknowingly although it seems you are doing all the right things toward what you are trying to do in your life you maybe subconsciously sabotaging yourself.

You get to a point when everything seems to be working in your life and headed in the right direction and bang the plug is pulled on what ever you seem to be trying to accomplish.

The reason for saying this is because it has happened to me too. After reading books going to seminars I started writting down on a piece of paper what I specifically wanted in life. The funny thing is nothing seemed to work out in my life for any length of time until I started reading and visualizing what I originally wrote down as far as goals and what I wanted on paper.

Reading my goals first thing in the morning last thing at night whether it be a happy and successful marriage, better more loving family life, spending more time with the kids, the exact car I wanted down to the color, model and smell of the leather interior, the exact dream house I wanted, the job and position along with specific income it eventually happens.

This is what is strange when I write down my goals of what I want plus mentally ask for and work towards it does not happen right away for me even if I write down a specific time I want it to happen. It seems there always has been an eight month to one year lag time before things happen and come true in my life. This is my experience and I do not know what goes on inside your head but, just maybe this will help you.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by amari
reply to post by wylekat

... I started writting down on a piece of paper what I specifically wanted in life. The funny thing is nothing seemed to work out in my life for any length of time until I started reading and visualizing what I originally wrote down as far as goals and what I wanted on paper.

Reading my goals first thing in the morning last thing at night ... it eventually happens.

It seems there always has been an eight month to one year lag time before things happen and come true in my life. This is my experience and I do not know what goes on inside your head but, just maybe this will help you.

The strange thing is that it really could be the difference between writing something and thinking it that alters the course of everything.

Consider for a minute, OP, the possibility that it's the way you're operating the reality machine. Some people operate it with thoughts, some with feelings, some with actions - like writing.

You see or know or live or work with people who operate it with thoughts. I think by far the majority of people are born/built to operate it with thoughts. It's easy to believe that that is the only way to do it, because that's how everyone else appears to achieve their goals.

There is a minority, however, who don't "input" in to the world with thoughts. Things happen to them because of how they feel (not that they don't think or act) or because of the actions - like writing - that they take (not that they don't feel or think). Feelings and or writing becomes their input and "thinking" won't work because in thoughts the positives are always dismantled by negatives, something like a river trying to flow in two directions at once.

I would very much suggest OP that you try alternative methods of imprinting your goals on your universe.

You could begin by writing - not so much your goals in the self-help book sense - just what you would like to happen in a particular situation, then forget about it.

I'm a lot like wylekat in that what I write usually happens maybe months later, with one notable exception. One morning I wrote "My financial difficultees are completely resolved", which took about four hours to come true. Notice I wrote it in the present tense as if it had already happened.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I believe life throws at you what you need to grow spiritually and mentally, and that's why some people always come out smelling of roses and others always get slammed. Some people just need more of a challenge to grow, learn and find themselves so life slams them (or maybe you slam yourself?) to get this challenge.

Personally, I can always find a positive in a negative so i count myself of a 'smelling like roses' kind of girl. I always see the good side and good things happen to me. My other half however is the opposite and more like the OP. He feels life can be negative and something always gets in the way of his happiness.

It's really just a different outlook on life, and there's a lot of truth in the fact that we create our own reality.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Google a movie called "What The Bleep Do We Know?" And watch it, see if it doesn't change your perception a little. There are links to watch it online for free.

It talks about the power of the mind, and is quite impressive.

You said you didn't want to hear things like that, but quite frankly that IS the problem.

You can look forward to more of the same until you change the way you are thinking. Someone already posted ALL the negatives you posted in your original post, and there were quite a few.

THIS is the issue.

Watch "What The Bleep Do We Know?" ... I'm telling you... watching that with an open mind WILL help....

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I think the book you are refering to is called mans search for meaning.
I read it while hitchiking to do my court appointed weekends.
It changed my life.
Is that the book??
I was 18 when I read it so the details are foggy.
To the op,perception is reality if you think you got beat then you surely did,if you think it was just a bump in the road then it is,if you think you are kicking ass then you surely are.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by wylekat

slapped down
had enough
I get screwed
short of my goals
stomped
stopped
always get blindsided
I have no control
nothing but failure
I am the victim
I get screwed.

Do these words and phrases look familiar? They're all from your post. Very negative, passive. To be blunt, you should reevaluate your approach to life. Often a change of perspective can change your life. I'm not suggesting any hippy, New Age or psycho-therapy BS. I'm not saying life is fair.

My thoughts exactly. Put yourself in a negative light, and unfortunately, you'll find negativity everywhere. Work towards being more positive toward yourself, and bounce back from whatever life throws at you.
Good luck ^_^

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join