It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aug 6 PDB released.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Still waiting for better copy.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The first line alone sinks the prior administrations claims.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Nevertheless, FBI information since that time indicates patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York.

That says it all. That says it all. This administration makes me sick.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

The FBI is conducting approximately 70 full field investigations throughout the US that it considers Bin Ladin-related. CIA and the FBI are investigating a call to our Embassy in the UAE in May saying that a group of Bin Ladin supporters was in the US planning attacks
with explosives.

Well, at least they were conducting investigations.

The rest of the text here:
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Here is a link to the file, its in pdf form:
Bin Laden Determined To Strike In US

Copied and pasted here:

Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S.

Clandestine, foreign government, and media reports indicate Bin Ladin since 1997' has wanted to conduct terrorist attacks in the US. Bin Ladin implied in US television interviews in 1997 and 1998 that his followers would follow the example of World Trade Center bomber Ramzi Yousef and "bring the fighting to America."

After US missile strikes on his base in Afghanistan in 1998, Bin Ladin told followers he wanted to retaliate in Washington, according to a [deleted text] service. An Egyptian Islamic Jihad (EIJ) operative told an [deleted text] service at the same time that Bin Ladin was planning to exploit the operative's access to the US to mount a terrorist strike.

The millennium plotting in Canada in 1999 may have been part of Bin Ladin's first serious attempt to implement a terrorist strike in the US. Convicted plotter Ahmed Ressam has told the FBI that he conceived the idea to attack Los Angeles International Airport himself, but that Bin Ladin lieutenant Abu Zubaydah encouraged him and helped facilitate the operation. Ressam also said that in 1998 Abu Zubaydah was planning his own US attack.

Ressam says Bin Ladin was aware of the Los Angeles operation.

Although Bin Ladin has not succeeded, his attacks against the US Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in 1998 demonstrate that he prepares operations years in advance and is not deterred by setbacks. Bin Ladin associates surveilled our Embassies in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam as early as 1993, and some members of the Nairobi cell planning the bombings were arrested and deported in 1997.

Al-Qa'ida members � including some who are US citizens � have resided in or traveled to the US for years, and the group apparently maintains a support structure that could aid attacks. Two al-Qa'ida members found guilty in the conspiracy to bomb our Embassies in East Africa were US citizens, and a senior EIJ member lived in California in the mid-1990s.

A clandestine source said in 1998 that a Bin Ladin cell in New York was recruiting Muslim-American youth for attacks.

We have not been able to corroborate some of the more sensational threat reporting, such as that from a [deleted text] service in 1998 saying that Bin Ladin wanted to hijack a US aircraft to gain the release of "Blind Shaykh" 'Umar' Abd aI-Rahman and other US-held extremists.

Nevertheless, FBI information since that time indicates patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York.

The FBI is conducting approximately 70 full field investigations throughout the US that it considers Bin Ladin-related. CIA and the FBI are investigating a call to our Embassy in the UAE in May saying that a group of Bin Ladin supporters was in the US planning attacks
with explosives.

Raw Data: Text of Released PDB(as posted by AceofBase)

seekerof

[Edited on 10-4-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   

That says it all. That says it all. This administration makes me sick.

Did it say that they knew exactly what airlines, exactly what day, exactly what flight, etc, etc? no, because quite frankly, I do not think they knew specific info. There is only so much you can do with this type of info.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
God am I sick of people blaming 9/11 on bush. If you are going to blame ANYONE IT'S CLINTON! He was offered OBL alive! no fight! we didn't have to do anything - he would have just been given to us! But of course, chicken # Bill didn't do anything - at least not untill it served his personal purpose and he wanted to delay his own trial.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Did it say that they knew exactly what airlines, exactly what day, exactly what flight, etc, etc? no, because quite frankly, I do not think they knew specific info. There is only so much you can do with this type of info.

If that memo was all they had to go on, then that might be a valid argument. But, the fact that they were aware of an impending attack, and had reason to suspect that it would involve the hijacking of airplanes, coupled with the information the CIA had on al Qaeda & at least 2 of the would-be hijackers in the U.S., invalidates that claim.
If you still think the government couldn't possibly have stopped the attacks, and even if everything had been done differently, 9/11 still would have happened, read the page on the following link. The excerpts I quote below are just a small taste of what it presents. The paper is a transcript of the minutes in a legislative hearing to consider amendments to the,
"HOMELAND SECURITY ACT OF 2002"

Mr. HOLLINGS: Now, they say...we didn't know anything about a plane going into a building.
Well, in December 1994, the al-Qaida hijacked an Air France plane
that was headed into the Eiffel Tower
. Who has not heard of flying a
plane into a structure?
In 1995, the CIA was hot on the Philippines and thwarted the blowup
or the crashing of eight planes at one particular time. They learned of the plan to do what? To crash a plane into the CIA building. That was back 6 years before 9/11.
And then, in January of 2000, in Malaysia, there was an article with respect to al-Qaida.
(The following excerpts are quoted from the article mentioned above, as it was printed in the Record.)

"To bolster their case, FBI officials have now prepared a
detailed chart showing how agents could have uncovered the
terrorist plot if they had learned about Almihdhar and
Alhazmi sooner, given their frequent contact with at least
five of the other hijackers. ``There's no question we could
have tied all 19 hijackers together,'' the official said.

Almihdhar and Alhazmi, parading across
America in plain sight, could not have been easier to find.
Newsweek has learned that when Almihdhar's visa expired, the
State Department, not knowing any better, simply issued him a
new one in June 2001--even though by then the CIA had linked
him to one of the suspected bombers of the USS Cole in
October 2000.

The two terrorists' frequent meetings with the
other September 11 perpetrators could have provided federal
agents with a road map to the entire cast of 9-11 hijackers.

Almihdhar's name and face surfaced yet
again, in the aftermath of the October 2000 bombing of the
Cole. Within days of the attack, a team of FBI agents flew to
Yemen to investigate. They soon began closing in on suspects.
One was a man called Tawfiq bin Attash, a.k.a. Khallad, a
fierce, one-legged Qaeda fighter. When analysts at the CIA's
Counterterrorism Center in Langley, Va., pulled out the file
on Khallad, they discovered pictures of him taken at the
Kuala Lumpur meeting. In one of the shots, he is standing
next to Almihdhar.

In mid- to late 2000, Almihdhar left San Diego for good...
It appears that he spent the next several months
bouncing around the Middle East and Southeast Asia.
While he was away, his visa expired--a potentially big problem. Yet since the CIA
was still not sharing information about Almihdhar's Qaeda
connections, the State Department's Consular Office in Saudi
Arabia simply rubber-stamped him a new one.

Almihdhar returned to the United States on July 4, 2001,
flying into New York. He spent at least some of the time
leading up to September traveling around the East Coast and,
at least once, meeting with Mohamed Atta and other September
11 plotters in Las Vegas.

On Aug.23, the CIA sent out an urgent cable, labeled immediate, to
the State Department, Customs, INS and FBI, telling them to put the two men on the terrorism watch list.

Like Almihdhar, Alhazmi eventually went east, spending time in New Jersey and Maryland.
On Aug. 25, he used his credit card to purchase two tickets for Flight 77."

Mr. HOLLINGS: Then on August 15, just prior to September 11 of last
year, we had Moussaoui arrested in Minnesota. He wanted to know how to
fly a plane, but not how to take off in a plane. And the FBI's Coleen
Rowley, from Minnesota, testified before the Congress that she had
written a memo, and the way she summed it up, they could crash the
plane into the World Trade Towers.
Again, Mr. President, I could continue to go down the list, but we
have this USA Today article of September 2 of this year, where the
hijacker allegedly bragged what they were going to do on September 11.
The year before the attacks, the Germans reported the particular
terrorist saying that was exactly what they were going to do.
www.uscg.mil...

One of the comments made by BOB KERREY during his questioning of Dr.Rice, wasn't given much attention, but it really stuck out to me. Kerrey said,

He [Agent Kenneth Williams] said that the FBI should investigate whether al Qaeda operatives are training at U.S. flight schools. He posited that Osama bin Laden followers might be trying to infiltrate the civil aviation system as pilots, security guards and other personnel. He recommended a national program to track suspicious flight schools. Now, one of the first things that I learned when I came into this town was the FBI and the CIA don't talk. I mean, I don't need a catastrophic event to know that the CIA and the FBI don't do a very good job of communicating.

And the problem we've got with this and the Moussaoui facts, which were revealed on the 15th of August, all it had to do was to be put on Intelink. All it had to do is go out on Intelink, and the game's over. It ends. This conspiracy would have been rolled up.

Intelink was set up specifically for the intelligence community to share information across agency borders. It's entire purpose was to prevent things like 9/11 from happening due to a lack of intelligence communication. Why wasn't the information that the CIA & FBI had about Almihdhar and Alhazmi's involvement with al Qaeda, or the concerns about airline hijacking by terrorists, posted and disseminated across this system?

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Theres enough evidence and blame to spread across both administrations, both parties and most of the intelligence communities as far as I see it. Arguing across these lines just distracts us from figuring out what/who really allowed 911 to happen.
Jezebel is right, there was enough evidence out there to put the pieces together, it just didn't happen...or was prevented from happening.....or delayed from happening.
To me its down to 2 things...
1. Its a conspiracy and there is indeed an unseen "bigger player" in the picture who is capable of controlling and/or influencing events *enough* to accomodate their agenda.
or
2. Unfortunate human-related bad timing.

I favor option one, after all this is a conspiracy forum. However I've lived long enough and dealt with enough people to know that often times stuff just doesn't get done in a timely fashion due to many peoples inherent laziness, leaving option two as a distinct possibility.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
since everybody's playin' the blame game..i feel left out

it's not the administration that is to blame..it is the past, current and evolving structure of our govt that is to blame...where money, power, and influence rule, over what is the peoples best interests.

it's like everything that evers happens is just a mere coincidence..nothing more. it's just a mere coincidence that all 4 plane involved in 911 were totataly obliterated, absolutly nothing left of them. just a mere coincidence that the 2 towers collapsed with expert percision. just a mere coincidence that the rest of the world saw something 'strapped' under the 757 that flew into tower 2. just a mere coincidence that the pres didn't seemed shocked when told the news of the crash . just a mere coincidence that the administration had plans to go into afganistan and iraq before 911. just a mere coincidence that the us military is involved in conflicts in and around major oil byways.

there is no conspiracy here. in the govt, there are not people who are intelligent enough, who have enough power or influence to organize events...................but bunch of sheep herding 'terrorist' were able to pull off, argueable, the most devistating terrorist attack on the most technologicaly advanced country in the world, using a very elaborate plan, with a high degree of being intercepted. yeah, there is no conspiracy....it's alllllllllll just a mere coincidence so we can all relax now.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Was it Bushes fault that the info wasnt put on Intelink? I doubt it. The individual agencies are supposed to do that so that they can communicate with each other. If that is the case, then whos fault does it become? The FBI or CIA, or whoever decided not to put the info up on Intelink.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... This has been posted as news

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Hey spittincobra. Why don't you try saying something of worth.

If you had taken the time to look you would have seen that this thread was created BEFORE the news article.

You'll find many times that this will happen. Members are free to post ATS discussions on topics - and even submit them for upgrade to ATSNN articles. The creator of this thread did not do that. Hence, since the story was ATSNN qualification, a staff reporter created a news article on it.

I have noticed that the majority of your posts say nothing toward the topic of the thread, but are one-liners regurgitating your mantra of "this is somewhere else".

Policing the board for redundant posts is NOT your job...and pretty much isn't even your right. The moderators will do just fine at this, THANK YOU!

Why don't you try contributing.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
The rest of the text here:
www.foxnews.com...

Its a fake. You should have known better than to trust fox news

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
TSK,
Care to share with us how the redacted FOX version is fake when it says the same thing that the .pdf file version of the PDB says?

seekerof

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
maybe i'm the only one, but okay the memo doesn't give details on a specific attack but it does say Bin Laden wants to attack America, they might hijack planes, they are in the country.

well common sense would say, that was the time that air marshalls should have been in use, tighter security at the airports, monitoring of known Al-Qaeda agents and the type of passenger screening now done should have started pre-9/11....

i realize they didn't have specific information to say multiple hijackings and the WTC would be target, but they had enough info in my mind to atleast up the security at airports and on their watchlists.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
TSK,
Care to share with us how the redacted FOX version is fake when it says the same thing that the .pdf file version of the PDB says?

seekerof

At this point I'm extremely confused over this. Why was it redacted? hmmmm.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The fact that Bush did nothing makes me sick. The first thing he said when he heard about the attacks was: "that must have been a bad pilot".

Clinton could've done more, but I'm afraid all it would've done is shaken the hornets nest.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
i'm kind of tired of the clinton should have or the bush should have...It should be the the fault of the administration in power at the time of the incident...plain and simple...if the previous administration didn't act, then the current one should act. why can't the govt just own up to it's mistakes and inactions.

lf the times were reversed and Clinton was in office, it would be Clinton in the hot seat, and the same blame game would be going on with previous administration.

But it's very obvious to me at least that the current administration has and had ulterior motives in many aspects of the events prior, during and after 9/11. The true motives are not clear, but there is much to chose from.

[Edited on 4-11-2004 by worldwatcher]

top topics

join