It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Bush Commutes sentence of Ramos and Compean

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

President Bush Commutes sentence of Ramos and Compean

www.worldnetdaily.com

President Bush commuted the prison sentences of former Border Patrol agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean.

Fox News reports the announcement came today, on the last full day of Bush's presidency
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
These agents were just doing their jobs. I live in Texas and and am thankful for the border patrol and how they put their lives on the line daily. There is a very heavy battle being fought on the Texas Mexico border that not many people know about. The Mexican druglords have murdered many people, and I am proud of Bush for doing the right thing

www.worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Standing ovation for President Bush on this! It was an embarassment for these two agents to have ever been prosecuted, let alone imprisoned for merely doing their jobs.

link   
Heh, and now Bush all the sudden is so fricken full of mercy. He should have commuted the sentences many moons ago. Good riddence to the worst president this nation has ever endured.

link   
The only thing Bush did right. The last thing he does... well I think we can safely say that his presidency was a succes.... NOT.

Now can he just go die in a ditch after being worked on with a blowtorch by crackheads Pulp Fiction style?

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I am happy to see that his last act was a right act!

Hopefully Ramos and Compean can now return to a normal life

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I wouldn't place the blame on Bush honestly for taking so long to do this.
He had a lot of crap to go through, it's called a priorities list. His advisors/underlings put together his priorities for him, thus he could have very well been put in the dark about this until recently.
Personally I think this is a good note to end his presidency on.
Darker days are yet to come anyways.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well done, I was just checking that this had been posted yet.

This is perhaps one of the best things he's done. Shame it took eight years...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
And when I say priorities list, I also mean a waiting list:

More than 2,100 clemency petitions were pending before the president

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
well I guess I'm just a gloomy gus but I think he should have pardoned them instead of just commuting their sentence. They're still left with the criminal convictions for doing their job. A proper service to these men would have been full pardons.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I am OK with the two getting their sentences commuted, they are not any threat to society by a long shot. However, all the rhetoric about they were just "doing their jobs" is a crock. The facts of the case clearly showed they tried to cover up their actions. Frankly, the supervisors should have been fired as well for their role in the incident. And for all of the people that are getting ready to flame me over this...I am not some "open borders" nut or a liberal idiot for that matter. I'm generally pro law enforcement. But I do think law enforcement officers should play by the rules.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
The only thing Bush did right. The last thing he does... well I think we can safely say that his presidency was a succes.... NOT.

Now can he just go die in a ditch after being worked on with a blowtorch by crackheads Pulp Fiction style?

Thanks for making my day Sir. Pulp Fiction style or Resident Evil style? Hmmmm... Seriously please! STOP! This probably wasn't even Bush's own decision. He can barely decide if he should wipe his own monkey butt, so stop thanking him and giving him standing ovations... he can rot in hell just like the rest as far as I'm concerned. Burn Bushes Burn! Burn Bushes Burn!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
I am happy to see that his last act was a right act!

Hopefully Ramos and Compean can now return to a normal life

They will never return to a normal life. They are now ex-cons and convicted felons. What are they going to do for jobs? they couldnt do anything and I sure as well would never do the border patrol again if I were them.

Bush should of given them a complete pardon. These guys were royally screwed by the country they were protecting.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It's about time.

2nd line

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Wow, you seem to be such a nice person.

This was a good thing. I am glad to see Bush standing up for people who were doing their job. Excellent.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Bush's greatest accomplishment is this act right here. ive been wanting these guys out since they were put in. cant wait until they finally get out in march

M74

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Good. This should have been done ages ago.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I was hoping for some more activity on this topic. But it would seem that it's getting largely ignored due to the biased anti-Bush nature of the ATS majority. Well? Where are the Bush-bashers at?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I think it's great that they are pardoned but shameful in the way it was handled. Bush waited until the eleventh hour to do it - the day before he drags his sorry butt back to Texas. He couldn't exactly go back there and not grant this pardon.

He's a coward. But I do feel sorry for him.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
wow,,,thank god,,those poor guys and their families

usually i feel gov't sucks and doesn't listen to "we the people"

i have been faxing and emailing bush on this through numbers usa

i feel like i actually accomplished something

finally

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join