It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A sighting in Pasadena California or prep for Chinese New Year?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Apologies if this has already been posted.. I just came across this video on youtube - a rhombus-shaped, incandescent something or other filmed in Pasadena, California. Looks like a lantern of some sort - maybe not? We are very close to the Chinese New Year. Does anyone recognize the shape?

Looks similar to another video on youtube:

[edit on 19-1-2009 by beast115]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The videos don't work. Just giving you a heads up.

Edit: And now they do

In the first video, notice how the cameraman seems to lose the "UFO" and is still able to find it once he zooms in to a random spot?

Doubt it's anything.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Portugoal]

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Portugoal]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Easy Beast,

to me it looks like yet another camera-lense-light thingy. They're always diamonds this colour... it's a few specific camera models that do this, can't remember which ones... will edit post once I get a link for you.

Edit: 15mins later, struggling.
Edit: Hmm I'm sure I saw something like this in a recent post, Phage or Internos or someone mentioned the camera anomaly.
[edit on 19-1-2009 by and14263]

[edit on 19-1-2009 by and14263]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
My there have been a lot of these showing up lately. This is a well known artifact produced by using autofocus and digital zoom when shooting a point source of light.

This demo I made recently has been coming in really handy. This is Venus with digital zoom and autofocus:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I feel redundant myself, it is a 4-th time when post this here, but why not? It is not my guilt, but Venus diamonds!

Bright unfocused points of light, don't maintain original shape, but copy the shape of iris mechanism of the camera and introduce difraction, interference and other artifacts.

My "UFO" diamond version:

top topics

join