It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas Vows To Rearm

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! What in HECK are you doing!?!?!?!?!? You know it and I know it BUT... You're not allowed to say it out loud - not here - not in front of all of the Zionist apologists. Are you crazy!? You had better prepare and take cover; they're gonna roast you now!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Jeeez! I'm sorry, I though the AP, Times Online, Guardian, Xinhua and others were reputable news sources. My bad! I'll just have to remember that when you start citing them as reliable sources to your propaganda. Fair enough.

You asked for sources, you got sources. Apparently only Israel itself is a viable source for you. Sorry, but I doubt they'll cop to the their war crimes.

Ok, lets move on from what you said, to the truth.

I said,"Many of your sources are very questionable." and list a quote from Iran as an example.

You are writing lies about what I said and I proved it.

Also, your personal attacks aside," I'll just have to remember that when you start citing them as reliable sources to your propaganda."
Personal insults, my propaganda..............

Personal attacks that are off topic are a sure sign the person has no facts, to attack the topic, so they attack the other person.

[edit on 1/19/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by xSMOKING_GUNx
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

Seriously?

That website has got to be some sort of attempt at a joke, right?

Of course it is!

ABOUT THE DAILY MASH

Launched in April 2007, the Daily Mash is a satirical website covering national and international news with spoof stories, commentary and opinion (i.e. it's all made-up and not intended - in any way whatsoever - to be taken as factual. Hello lawyers.).

Nope, not serious!

[edit on 1/19/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

So why not say depleted uranium, instead of “chemical weapons” which implies many things. Also would not depleted uranium be poison, and not chemical? Also not every bullet or “most deaths” are caused by depleted uranium. These are very large rounds, 30mm and larger, and are used as armor piercing, and or taking a building down. If a person actually got hit by one the small amount of radiation or poison they may get would be the least of their troubles.

BTW there is no UN ban on the use of Depleted uranium, so get off the chemical weapon bandwagon.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
reply to post by kozmo

So why not say depleted uranium, instead of “chemical weapons” which implies many things. Also would not depleted uranium be poison, and not chemical? Also not every bullet or “most deaths” are caused by depleted uranium. These are very large rounds, 30mm and larger, and are used as armor piercing, and or taking a building down. If a person actually got hit by one the small amount of radiation or poison they may get would be the least of their troubles.

BTW there is no UN ban on the use of Depleted uranium, so get off the chemical weapon bandwagon.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Xtrozero]

White phosphorus weapons are controversial today because of their potential use against civilians. While the Chemical Weapons Convention does not designate WP as a chemical weapon There is no ban even for use on civilians however most western countries do have guidelines for its use. N. And here is a statement from the red cross for you

The International Committee of the Red Cross urged Israel to exercise "extreme caution" in using the incendiary agent, which is used to illuminate targets at night or create a smoke screen for day attacks, said Peter Herby, the head of the organization's mines-arms unit. "In some of the strikes in Gaza it's pretty clear that phosphorus was used," Herby told The Associated Press. "But it's not very unusual to use phosphorus to create smoke or illuminate a target. We have no evidence to suggest it's being used in any other way."

So get your facts straight pointing to a bunch of biased sources That tries to make people believe there definition of chemical weapons is correct to push there agenda.
Oh and to save you some time I am not a Zionist and do believe the Israelis made a mistake attacking Gaza but unlike you I can back up my beliefs.
The israelis are tired of the attacks by hamas And fell right into there trap. If you believe hamas did not want Israel to attack your insane its how they maintain power.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Another thread claimed that the Saudis would be giving a billion dollars to rebuild Gaza.

Bet the bulk goes toward "rearming."

Bet once again, that this was the intent of the Saudis.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
www.independent.co.uk...

just thought i would add that. Cause i saw people arguing over it earlier.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
reply to post by fatdad

Is White Phosphorus NOT a chemical weapon??? According to the UN, it is. How about Dense Inert Metal Explosives (DIME) weapons made from tungsten alloy? Perhpas you've heard of Depleted Uranium?

I am not here to educate you on Israeli weaponry, especially when they have been in the media for days. You do your own research as my assertions are beyond the realm of common knowledge.

"Beyond common knowledge" is certainly correct in this case. After all, 'common knowledge' indicates that none of the items you mention are chemical weapons, except with the meaning that they are created with chemistry. You know, like Coca Cola is.

The only references I have found to UN list of substances being chemical weapons or not is a declaration which also has links to the lists of prohibited chemicals. White phosphorus, depleted uranium, and weapons made from tungsten alloy are not on that list.

So, can you provide some indication where you got the idea that these were classed as chemical weapons by the UN? I'm interested in seeing it.

[edited to add] Okay, having gone over your list of links, the Chinese link actually proves the point. It talks about Israel using WP, and then about what is considered a chemical weapon-and makes clear the difference. They do, though, try to link the two by discussing them in the same article. Didn't work there either.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by lostbug]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I gotta say, it's badass that the leader wears a mask.
Its like they are COBRA.

COOOOOBRRRAAAA!!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
If they would put 1% of the energy into positive industry that they put in to killing and commiting suicide with bombs, they could actually get so much accomplished in gaza that it would be the cultural, artistic, technilogical and industrial center of the world!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
If they would put 1% of the energy into positive industry that they put in to killing and commiting suicide with bombs, they could actually get so much accomplished in gaza that it would be the cultural, artistic, technilogical and industrial center of the world!

That's some wishful thinking.

Sadly though, even during peace times, Israel would never permit a former Palestinian group to advance.

Israel has had Gaza under a total blockade for quite some time now.
Nothing says "we're keeping you in the stone age" like blockading every possible entrance and exit to the area.

Quite frankly, military or not, Israel will continue to drive these people out of their homes, as they have been doing since Israel was re-created.
The Palestinians are sick of it, so yeah, they're taking some drastic measures to keep what little land they have left.

Israel knows the Palestinians will react, and they're using that reaction to their advantage, making them all look like savages.

Well... keep people caged up like dogs long enough, they might just start biting like them.

Gaza will never have a hope for a positive future because Israel will never let it happen.

As for Hamas re-arming, every region of the world deserves to have a military to defend itself with.
Israel isn't about to disarm the IDF, don't expect Gaza to disarm Hamas.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I don't understand the issue. Israels military are permitted to purchase weapons and also use them. What makes Palestine different?

Every country in the world has a military with weapons... why is there a double standard here?

If the argument is "peace" then shouldn't the whole world disarm?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Hamas does not represent the population of Palestine.

They are proxies for Iran.
when people understand this and break the supply lines between Iran and Gaza
then Hamas will fall apart.

Iran knows if they directly attack Israel they will get nuked so the have set up Hamas as a insurgent movement inside Gaza to do there bidding and the Palestine people living in Gaza are caught in the middle.

Where do you think Hamas gets all the rockets.
They don't just magically appear.

They are unloaded from Iranian ships going through the Suez Canal and smuggled into Gaza through tunnels at the border.

Stop this smuggling and Hamas is done as a power.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

They also border Egypt and in fact used to be part of Egypt. However Egypt did not want the land back and built huge walls to prevent crossing into Egypt. So by your logic Egypt doesn't want palistinians to advance either and apparently want there land too. But then why did they not annex back this region?
Let me answer this question for you. Egypt is well aware it is dealing with militants and doesn't want this to effect there tourist trade so they walled it off and posted guards and luckily for them they do not have as long of a border to deal with.
If the they would learn to get along with there neighbors this area was one of the most beautiful areas and had resort hotels etc but that ended and finally the nail in the coffin so to speak for Gaza was the bombing in 1983 business hotels resorts any kind of foreign investor pulled out of the area completely since apparently a lot of people here seem to want to jump to conclusions on how the Israelis caused this ill include a history lesson below:

The 1983 U.S. Embassy bombing was a suicide bombing against the United States Embassy in Beirut, Lebanon on April 18, 1983 that killed over 60 people, mostly embassy staff members and U.S. Marines and Sailors. It was the deadliest attack on a U.S. diplomatic mission up to that time, and is seen by some as marking the beginning of anti-U.S. attacks by Islamist groups. Islamic Jihad Organization, often described as a "shadowy" group, claimed responsibility for the blast with a message "promising not to allow a single American to remain on Lebanese soil ... we mean every inch of Lebanese territory. ..."[1] The attack came in the wake of the intervention of a Multinational Force, made up of Western countries, including Americans, in the Lebanese Civil War, to try and restore order and central government authority.

The United nations tried to help them and 60 people died Do you really think there is a country in the world willing to try again?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Hamas was democratically elected. Meaning they are a political party who was voted for. The same way Israel elects who is to govern them.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

The United nations tried to help them and 60 people died Do you really think there is a country in the world willing to try again?

They bombed the U.S. Embassy and the U.S war ships, not the United Nations.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
white phosphorous is used in munitions for clearing buildings quite common actually in the us military we call it shake and bake white phosphorous has been in use since world war 1 its used in flares for seeing or incendiary bombs for igniting buildings. Depleted uranium is used to punch through armor again quite common but neither of these 2 things are chemical weapons. So don't try to seem like you understand modern warfare until you understand the tactics used and what the weapon does.

White phosphorous used to burn civilians is a chemical weapon. It's a chemical based munition being used as a weapon.
A fork is merely a tool used for eating. Until you stab someone through the throat in an assault. Then it is a murder weapon.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obliterated
reply to post by ANNED

Hamas was democratically elected. Meaning they are a political party who was voted for. The same way Israel elects who is to govern them.

Sure, "democratically elected"....in a campaign that involved carrying the biggest guns. There is a lot of hanky-panky in "democratic" elections around the world...the Mid-East is not exempt from that type of tomfoolery. And might I add, there are many people in this country, the U.S. that doubt the veracity of any of our recent elections. It would be ironic to discover a poster that supported the "democratically elected" Hamas, yet has also declared, "Obama is not my President!!!" Wouldn't that be something?

Regardless, Hamas has demonstrated they do not represent the population of the Gaza Strip--less so a virtual entity of "Palestine" that doesn't exist. "Representing" them would mean not placing the population in harm's way by stashing and using munitions from civilian homes and institutions.

In fact, the greater question is....who does represent the Palestinians? Fatah runs the West Bank--which incidentally, has not been under attack....I suppose because of the lack of indiscriminately lobbed rockets and mortars. So it's Hamas in the Gaza Strip and Fatah in the West Bank....hmmm, who seems to be doing a better job "representing"?

[edit on 20-1-2009 by MrPenny]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

They are proxies for Iran.
when people understand this and break the supply lines between Iran and Gaza
then Hamas will fall apart.

Iran knows if they directly attack Israel they will get nuked so the have set up Hamas as a insurgent movement inside Gaza to do there bidding and the Palestine people living in Gaza are caught in the middle.

Where do you think Hamas gets all the rockets.
They don't just magically appear.

They are unloaded from Iranian ships going through the Suez Canal and smuggled into Gaza through tunnels at the border.

Stop this smuggling and Hamas is done as a power.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by ANNED]

yeah.
you forget about those kids who are trowing rocks at the bulldozers, they are a power too. it must be dealt with that too.. oh... they are already dealing with.. my bad

have you seen one of these rockets? i think i can make one at home.

israel will nuke Iran? come oooooon!
why would they do something like that? they must nuke the whole of Iran kill everyone, to have a strategic effect. besides that there are more efficient methods, and leaves the area possible to be populated. nukes are just for propaganda. no war was prevented or ended by it (don't bring up vietnam, the russians had the telling there).

and what is wrong about shipping weapons to Hamas? for my understanding they are a bunch of freaked out people who still have some hope that their country will stand once more despite the fact that everyone tells them otherwise.

and no mater if it is a decoy or not, to attack gaza. Israel aim is to kill off all of the Palestinians, if not all the Muslims, nut just Hamas.

and NO, Israel should not exist. they should all be dead in the holocaust, remember? oh wait. the HOLOCAUST MIGHT BE A MYTH (but that is another discussion)

a world war might be fabricated in front of our own eyes (and again based on lies), the middle east is just a spark.

ps: i am not antisemitic. the thing that fills me the most with joy is to see a Jew knowing what is happening, at least.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by encoder
Israel aim is to kill off all of the Palestinians,

Bogus. 1300 fatalities in a little over 20 days, out of a crowded population of 1.5 million with a density of 4200 persons per sq. kilometer. Clearly, if their intent was as you claim, they could have been much more efficient.....and they've apparently decided to not kill off the Palestinians living in the West Bank.

Stick to the facts....rhetoric and hyperbole has its place...just not here.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join