It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas Vows To Rearm

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Hamas Vows To Rearm

www.huffingtonpost.com

A day after Hamas announced a truce with Israel, a spokesman for Izzadin Kassam, the group's military wing, stressed that Hamas will continue to rearm despite efforts to stop the weapon smuggling into the Gaza Strip.

"Do what you like, but the manufacturing of holy weapons is our goal," masked spokesman Abu Obeida said at a Gaza press conference on Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.jpost.com

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Today - January 19th 2009

Not much to say really apart from the fact that this was probably predictable.

Obviously taking the initiative to upscale recruiting through popularity and increase smuggling of weapons is more important to Hamas than the fresh air thought of the sustained safety of the Palestinian population.

Leave the weapons on the floor and start talking, after all Hamas fight is political and not religious or antisemitic. Right?

www.huffingtonpost.com

[edit on 19-1-2009 by xSMOKING_GUNx] Spelling & Date

[edit on 19-1-2009 by xSMOKING_GUNx]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
why is this an issue, exactly? is israel going to disband the IDF? hardly, they're going to maintain their military. hamas are doing the same thing, and rightly so, given the circumstance.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
OF COURSE Hamas is going to rearm. That's what they do during 'cease fires' and 'peace'. It's just a military strategy for them. They will NEVER accept peace because it will put them out of business.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Surely we all want to see a little more peace in the world, letting the frightened civilian (Anti-war) population of Palestine and Israel have a chance of a half decent life.

Regards S_G

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
What choice does Hamas have!?!?
About 1,500 Palestinians have been killed with perhaps tens of thousands more injured; mostly by chemical weapons with the vast amjority being innocent civilians. They have been under a military blockaid for years which prevents many of the essentials from passing through to the people of Gaza. Their travel has been restricted to the point where their unemployment figures are staggering. What would YOU do? What would you do if you were consistently being oppressed and forced to live in the world's largest open-air prison? What would you do if your wife or child or children were killed in the indiscriminate bombing campaings waged by the IDF and the IAF?

Let me tell you what I would do... I would rearm and I would fight until the last drop of blood left my body to kill the bastards responsible. I would rally my neighbors and friends to the cause and we would fight! We would fight for freedom, for the end of oppression, for our basic human rights and for the land which is rightfully our own! We would fight and continue to fight until the biiter end!

Sound familiar? Sound like something you would do? Today, in our upside down, over-proagandized world, we have begun to call those people the "Terrorists" and the terrorist aggressors the "Victims". My how things have changed in just 200 years! THAT, firends, is the power of television!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
didn't mean to suggest otherwise, hamas aren't right to re-arm, they're just not particularly wrong.

are either of you suggesting that hamas are unique in regard to appropriating weapons in times of ceasefire or peace?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
And, quite relevantly:

"Loving this" admit Israel and Hamas

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

Seriously?

That website has got to be some sort of attempt at a joke, right?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by xSMOKING_GUNx
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

Seriously?

That website has got to be some sort of attempt at a joke, right?

yes

1 line post deal with it! dam its 2 now

[edit on 19/1/09 by noobfun]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I can see your point and your passion, and yes put myself in a similar situation, and well, who knows what I would be capable of.

It is just my longing for an end to suffering and a desire for peace that makes me say the things I do.

Naive? Maybe!

Sad? definately!

Regards S_G

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Of course Hamas will rearm! If they actually put their aid money to something productive they wouldn't be able to have the heart wrenching stories about how the poor Palestinians have to eat grass.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
they would still have to eat grass the aid would be stuck on the wrong side of the fence

to let hamas dish out food and medicine? that would only make them more popular so dont think isreal would let them haul in medical supplies and food

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I suppose articles like this put together from US inteligence wont help Hamas global support either:

Link to article

The mujahideen in Gaza have called upon the Iraqi mujahideen to support them by uniting their ranks and intensifying attacks on the U.S. occupiers in Iraq

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
tens of thousands more injured; mostly by chemical weapons
can you prove this.. i would love to see where you got you information from.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

Is White Phosphorus NOT a chemical weapon??? According to the UN, it is. How about Dense Inert Metal Explosives (DIME) weapons made from tungsten alloy? Perhpas you've heard of Depleted Uranium?

I am not here to educate you on Israeli weaponry, especially when they have been in the media for days. You do your own research as my assertions are beyond the realm of common knowledge.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Hamas Vows To Rearm

www.huffingtonpost.com

"Do what you like, but the manufacturing of holy weapons is our goal," masked spokesman Abu Obeida said at a Gaza press conference on Monday.

Related News Links:
www.jpost.com

"holy weapons"
Putting these two words together -
Says it all.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I find this statement quite astonishing too:

only 48 of the group's gunmen were killed during Israel's three-week military operation in the Gaza Strip.
While Israel has reported that at least 500 of the 1,300 Palestinians killed in Gaza were terrorists

Link to source

Shocking if true, but not in line with MSM released figures.

Coverup?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

"Do what you like, but the manufacturing of holy weapons is our goal,"

I snipped out and highlighted what I thought was the most important line of the entire news snippet.

"Holy weapons?" There's something wrong with that.....but, heaven forbid anyone point out the lack of civil responsibility in Hamas. Of course, the Jew haters here will fail to see how this is not a struggle for the oppressed Palestinians, as Hamas would have us believe....it is a conflict between ideologies. Muslims everywhere do not want Israel to exist....so they use the "Palestinian Cause", (a cause that is beyond salvation in any real world) as a proxy for keeping a democratic, non-Muslim nation in turmoil.

"Do what you like, but the manufacturing of food, medicine, housing, and jobs is our goal." See? Do you see how that indicates some concern and empathy for the civilians, rather than the total disregard for their well-being and dignity they've shown so far?

[edit on 19-1-2009 by MrPenny]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
i would suggest that neither isreal nor hamas are going to provide accurate numbers regarding the exact proportion of combatants in those killed. most likely it's about 300 based on the idea that it's somewhere in between.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join