It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The “No Hope, No Change” Cop Out

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
We have been helping ourselves. We are the ones who create the wealth in this country. It's our tax dollars bailing out big companies. Obama is supposed to be working for us along with all the other politicians in D.C. The only hope we have is us and the only change will be when we all decide we've had enough. Out of 305,658,135 people in this country It's gonna take awhile to get everyone on the same page.

How about stimulizing from the bottom instead of the top? How about ridding ourselves of the tax burdens that has moved companies out of this country. The " Fair Tax " sounds good to me but not to any politicians. How about the government staying out of the mortgage business and any other private sector business. How about Obama & all politicians helping us out for a " Change". We have sacrafices our lifes for this country while politicians and leaders say they're going to do something about it.

[edit on 1/21/2009 by Solarskye]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I am not an Obama fan, particularly, and have the same doubts and suspicions as many do about his intentions, his sincerity or lack of same, who "handles" him, etc. BUT... I do believe that he has given us all (perhaps unwittingly) an opportunity of immense magnitude to focus on the principles expressed in his inaugural speech, which are lofty and certainly to be wished for. His words gave us a concrete vision of what we really desire in our hearts for ourselves and for America; we can believe the WORDS, even if the MAN himself is not believable.

If we believe that America is DOOMED, it will be. If we believe that we are going to get MORE OF THE SAME, we sure will. But if we just KNOW that we will have peace, freedom, prosperity, equality, etc., and EXPECT it to happen, and see it as already here, then it will take place.

One man, whether he is president, king or whatever, can't possibly do it himself. No amount of changes in the government, or executive orders, or signings into law, or moving about of persons can accomplish changes in the character of a nation. Only the people can do that, by truly WANTING it to take place and having faith that it WILL.

If we don't take the positive initiative, and we just continue to snipe and deride, then as Pogo Possum said, "We have seen the enemy, and he is us."

It's time to build up, and stop tearing down! Let's try to move some mountains!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It's been a week and a day since the inauguration, and I have seen many changes already. For one thing the government is no longer run by neocons. For another thing he is laying out his plan to stimulate the economy from the bottom up. He doesn't look like he's going to get us out of Iraq as soon as I would like, but that's my only complaint so far.

I'm not going to itemize any of the other changes--they would give some people on this thread conniptions. Just open your eyes and ears and you'll see PLENTY of change.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
From George Orwell .. Animal Farm ...

Beasts of England, beasts of Ireland,
Beasts of every land and clime,
Hearken to my joyful tiding
Of the golden future time.

Obama Napoleon is always right.

It just reminded me of this supposed call to action by Michelle Obama

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Isn't it funny how these folks sit around complaining that the government is getting too big, Obama is taking away too many rights. Yet when you call them out on getting active themselves and changing things for the better and getting involved? They all say Obama should be doing it?
If you don't want big government, stop expecting it to do everything.

Good ol double standard.

This is why I hardly post anymore. It has gotten so silly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join