It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report of UFO in China with picture

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Just read this interesting report of a sighting in China
Which includes a photo of a diamond type UFO

Here

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Interesting because reports of alien sightings and abductions in Asian countries are relatively very few compared to countries like the US, so I wonder if this is the start of something?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr X

Last week on UFO Hunters they did an episode on the incident in Texas where a woman suffered radiation exposure...it was also diamond shaped similar to photo.

ufos.about.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Hmm... Another out of focus light in the sky.
Hmm... 700x zoom that's impressive!
Hmm... A twinking bright light slowly moving South.
Hmm... A rectangular blur. Don't suppose it could be the camera diaphragm?
Hmm... The footage has been sent to the Govermnment AstrologicalDepartment. That should sort it.
Hmm... Venus is at max. elongation at the moment. It looks like a brilliant twinkling light, slowly moving South.

I'm just thinking aloud.

WG3

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

Well they said it was an unidentified flying object, not a alien space craft but an unidentified flying abject - a flying object that they could not as yet identify.

It could literally be anything - Aliens?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Yeah nice, another 800x zoom venus photo.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
erm sorry but when did venus look triangular? Last time I looked it was a sphere.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr X

I think they are referring to the fact when you have something zoomed in 800x.. it can distort an image.

A round object can easily be distorted into a prism shape.. squint next time you are looking at a bright object.

Frankly, its not clear enough an image for an opinion from me.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The diamond shape is the result of the aperature hole behind the lens in the imager of the camera. The so called "object" was probably something reflecting light in the smoke cloud from the fire.

There is a thread with pictures of Venus taken with zoom and those look just like this China fire UFO. Diamond shape and all.

Sorry, but thats the result of the camera.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Can anyone confirm the type of camera used, and if so further we would be able to find/dismantle the camera to actually see what the shape of the aperture/diaphragm is?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Not sure what camera they uses but just about every CCD imager aperature is square, then the assembly is rotated 90* and then mounted onto the CCD imager pc board. This is done so that the wide angles are from the top to bottm, and side to side.

When zoomed exensively, the result is that rotated square aperature hole that ends up in your photo.

I have a breakdown close view diagram of one but I have to find it.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

That's right BP, it was titled as the "Cash-Landrum" incident. Since then Betty Landrum has dies from a supposed radiation exposure, the reason for the others not to be such effected was do to the fact that they did not get out of the car to view it. The documentary you mentioned was the 7 year old boy involved in the sighting. It is quite a story for teh UFO buff's, more than "Factual" evidence to prove UFO exist, but there has been new finding's that support a possible government program was involved, there were approximately 16 to 27 Sikorsky helicopters deployed by the military. the event is quite amazing.
I was a bit surprised to see that they had used the artist rendition of teh China sighting to reference, it is the same exact picture the Cash/Landrum" had used.
This from that website:

These are sightings throughout the 80's, interesting read.

www.nicap.org...

For more about this sighting being a military cover-up for an experiment gone awry, see sight below and Ctrl, F. Type in "Military cover up, and it will take you to the proper page and paragraph.

books.google.com... Wn73CE1m4&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=7&ct=result#PPA108,M1

Great thread OP, it is a very interesting topic, but there are few answers for a final deduction of these events.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Apparently their camera was not as good as they thought it was. I am still waiting for a good ufo picture. What are they doing to all our cameras?

RFBurns I have said that a lot around here. ( Camera aperture reference.) Few people are listening.

[edit on 1-19-2009 by groingrinder]

[edit on 1-19-2009 by groingrinder]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Here's a visual aid, my demo of Venus with autozoom and digital zooom

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The third time when i put my own bright star on ATS.
It happened to be Sirius

I have Venus too:

I think VENUS (or optics camera artifacts) always will be unknown to many people. I remember another topic here, when somebody ask that if UFO is our own materializing actions or thoughts. With Venus, sure it is.

Maybe is a good idea to have a sticky topic, with this kind of Venus videos, photos or artifacts, explained. Maybe will help against the flooding of VENUS sightings "look, the UFO there!" ...

Later edit: LOL, Phage, don't you became bored ?

[edit on 19/1/09 by depthoffield]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

Meh... Maybe the extra-terrestrials are tired of American rednecks...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well I am going to have to go with the others on this one and say it is a distorted view of Venus. It does not have a definite shape like a ship should have. It looks more like when I take my eyes out of focus when looking at a light during the night. It distortes the view, which usually happens when you have a zoom that high. So in conclusion, this is nothing more than a light, be it Venus or some other light here on earth, that has been badly distorted due to the high zoom of the picture taker. I had high hopes when I read the thread name, well I just have to keep searching.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
the article say's the Firemen submitted the video to the meteorological bureau

The firemen approached the Liu Pan Shiu meteorological bureau two days after the sighting to seek some answers. Surprised staff members working for the bureau were shown the footage but were unable to identify what the object might be, declaring that it is indeed a UFO.

wouldn't these people have checked to see if Venus was in the sky at the time of the sighting ?

it will be interesting to see the video.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by easynow]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by speed_demon

I did not mean to imply that the light is Venus. Any bright point of light will produce the same effects. The report says the light was moving. It could be a plane or a helicopter, there is no way of knowing. But it is pretty certain that the diamond shape is not its true shape.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn
Interesting because reports of alien sightings and abductions in Asian countries are relatively very few compared to countries like the US, so I wonder if this is the start of something?

I have Never thought about that before you are right,
China is probably the oldest of early known advanced ancient civilizations. There certainly have been relatively few sightings there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join