It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

adam and eve....something aint right

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Quick question. Every animal has male and female pairs. Could this "Gap" also be in there lineage?

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Just becuase they we able to find a older reamin of a woman and a younger remain of a man doesn't mean that somewhere on earth there isn't a remain of a male thats 160,000 years old. I don't think we will every truly find the remains of the first people because things erode in due time. They even may have been destoryed by cataclysmic evetents as well.

ME

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Adam and Eve were NOT the first humans. They were a product of intervention of celestial beings/angels/gods.

Is the theory that Adam and Eve were the first humans based on the Bible? If so then re-read Gen 1-2. You will find that 'man' was created (via evolution) BOTH male AND female. Then you find that Adam was later 'formed' not created the first.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
There are discrepancies in scientific history and Biblical texts because the chapter of Genesis is a mythological interpretation of the world. Basically, it is a reflection of how the Hebrews understood their world. The truths it holds are religious truths.

ME

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeknonconformity
There are discrepancies in scientific history and Biblical texts because the chapter of Genesis is a mythological interpretation of the world. Basically, it is a reflection of how the Hebrews understood their world. The truths it holds are religious truths.

I Agree!!!

Buuuuuuut . . . Is not the first chapter of Genesis extremely revealing of evolution, in that it provides the basic ingredients?

The first chapter speaks of a 'God' that 'created', via, the Earth and the Heavens. If you noticed the Earth and Sea brought forth life according to the first chapter of Genesis . . . And I would bet it brought man forth as well.

But the second chapter . . . This speaks of a 'Lord' God. A lil' different concidering the fact that this Lord God walks and talks, and rides in ufo's, errr umm Chariots of Fire.

ME

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
What I mean is, . . .

This was written and re written starting thousands of years ago, but the basic intent and or meaning is still there even if they had NO clue what they were talking about . . . The Sea brought forth life first according to the Bible eh? In scientific evolution the same eh? . . . Even as Genesis goes, if you remeber it was God that created via evolution, it is rght on track, eh? But the second chapter seems to be more interventionous( is that a word?)
. . .

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ME
The Sea brought forth life first according to the Bible eh? In scientific evolution the same eh? . . . Even as Genesis goes, if you remeber it was God that created via evolution, it is rght on track, eh? But the second chapter seems to be more interventionous( is that a word?)
. . .

Well not exactly true. God specifically says that he created life by his own hand. It also states that he created these things in rapid succession, 7 days to be exact.

Genesis 1

2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.

9 And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear." And it was so.

20 And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky." 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

24 And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

[Edited on 17-4-2004 by kinglizard]

ME

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Ah, but you have to read between the lines.

Let the EARTH BRING FORTH.

Let the WATERS BRING FORTH.

This is HOW God created, by letting the Earth and the waters bring forth life.

So is it impossible to believe that man was created by God in the same respect, the Earth bringing forth?

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ME
Ah, but you have to read between the lines.

Let the EARTH BRING FORTH.

This is HOW God created, by letting the Earth and the waters bring forth life.

So is it impossible to believe that man was created by God in the same respect, the Earth bringing forth?

Genesis 1:25 and 27

God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

ME

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Genesis 1:25 and 27

God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

HOW did God create? What avenue?

THE EARTH BROUGHT FORTH . . .

Gen 1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ME
HOW did God create? What avenue?

THE EARTH BROUGHT FORTH . . .

Gen 1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

The bible specifically says God created life.

Genesis 1:27

ME

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Answer my question . . .

HOW did God create?

Did he just mold the whales and throw them into the ocean? Or did the ocean BRING FORTH?

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
MAN CREATED GOD

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by I See You]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Why does Adam and Eve have to be taken as a literal story? It's borrowed from Babylonian legend of symbolic meaning. It's illogical for it to be originally symbolic but then literal.

All religions have their Creation stories. The one thing that they have in common is the underlying thread that their god created man and woman. The Jewish story is no different from hundreds of others.

It's just a reinforcement story of a god being the all powerful one. What better way to get you to worship a specific god than by saying that he created you?

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Genesis 26: "God said, 'Let us make mankind in our image and likeness...'"

Who is this us?
Perhaps it would be best to use the Torah in understanding our creation, rather than someone else's interpretation into english of the Old Testament. Was not the original term for God, "ELOHIM"?

[Edited on 4/19/2004 by cloud]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloud
Who is this us?

If God is everything and everything is him, wouldn't it be an "us"?
I look upon the use of the word "us" in this context as being akin to the royal use of "us" which came about later as a result of this passage.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
If Adam & Eve, were our (genetic) parents, surely the human race would never have survivde to this point, due to in-breeding...??

ME

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Actually, I haven't even gotten to Adam and Eve yet.

I was talking about the creation of man. Adam and Eve was millions of years after the creation~via evolution~of man.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Like someone else said, why does the Adam and Eve story have to be taken literally? Can it not only be taken as a kind of fable, myth, or legend? Looking at it in that way does not discredit the Catholic religion or anything, or anyone who chooses to believe in Catholicism. I spoke to a priest once about the creation story and he gave me the same answer; that it is not to be taken literally, and is more of a sort of story to help earlier people understand creation.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
To be honest..it all sound folk tale to me. I kinda look at our existance like fungus that just grows in the right climate. Maybe life split into two, maybe we was a species that could get pregnant without men or sperm, but as this was limiting the spread or various types of DNA, nature recreated this process.

Billions of planets but not all has the requirements for life, ours does and maybe others in our system once did, or may one day have. With this the possibility of other life out there is very high. Did God wave his magic wand? No! This process took millions/billions of years

I am sure you can find loads in the bible that can be proved wrong, but then again, it wasn't gods that wrote it....sick aliens maybe, or maybe just a slightly smarter guy/group that tried to help, but because they didn't fully understand what they was doing...thousands of years of bloodshed has happened.
And, is still happening.

If it is a book of good, then how did it manage to partition the world and bring it to the brink of nuclear war that would destroy us all? Amazed scripture can be so dangerous.

PS, yeah did garble on a bit...so all I am saying..Adam and Eve appears to be a basic impossible theory that may of stood up 2000 years ago...today, its laughable.

HAve i missed the point of this post?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join