It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

adam and eve....something aint right

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
interesting fact here folks.

all male humans have one common ancestor who lived 80,000 years ago.

females have a common ancestor who lived 120,000 years ago.

assuming these are adam and eve then why is their a 40,000 year gap in the times when they were alive?also adam was supposedly first born so how is the female ancestor older?also assuming the female ancestor is eve then how did the human race survive for 40,000 years before the first male?

if you take this into account how does one come up with the bible story of adam and eve?

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Cause mabey theres less males then females in the world.....
for example if you have 10 males, it would be easier to find a common ancestor then in 20 females....

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaOfTheOmega

assuming these are adam and eve then why is their a 40,000 year gap in the times when they were alive?also adam was supposedly first born so how is the female ancestor older?also assuming the female ancestor is eve then how did the human race survive for 40,000 years before the first male?

if you take this into account how does one come up with the bible story of adam and eve?

I've heard of this also, interesting eh? Recently i saw in a Newspaper article that women can reproduce without the help of male sperm, however, you can only do this for so long before you need to integrade.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Any type link that can be given to substantiate what is said here on the male and female common ancestory?

seekerof

TPL

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
-

[Edited on 10-4-2004 by TPL]

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
sapphire: really?thats fascinating.

seekerof:nah sorry it wasnt on a website i saw it on the discovery chanel.cant remember what program.ill see if i can find a website

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
yeah thats what i thought.maybe the male one wasnt adam but somebody else (that would explain the gap) but as you said how would his DNA get into everyone?just thought of something...that other post thats bin put up about the 233 genes.could be hes the original person to carry them.think about it...if all males had the extra genes then all of the next generation would have them which is why all the people today have them.just a random thought...

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Because those facts are bull.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
o.k.....I am going to throw in my two-cents worth.

I believe in a combination of "Divine Creation", and Evolution. Saying that, it is not necessarily the Biblical Version of Divine Creation, either.

Also, isn't there reference in Jewish Text to "Lilith", Adam's first wife? The one where they had a fight over the......um......"dominant"-position during relations, and so she was banished from Eden?

If this is a re-direct, I am sorry.

TPL

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Thats one ancestor, out of many hundreds living at his time, whos managed to get his DNA spread throughout the human.

I have a question which part of the DNA are we talking about? I presume its the Y chromosome.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

The most recent ancestor of all males living today was a man who lived in Africa around 59,000 years ago, according to an international team of researchers.

But the finding raises new questions, not least because our most recent paternal ancestor would have been about 84,000 years younger than our maternal one.

ive found a site here with some info.oh and sorry looks like i got the male date wrong.apparently it was 59,000 years ago.

www.crystalinks.com...

edit:apparently the origin of the Y chromosome was 80,000 years ago.so that would be the first male.
[Edited on 10-4-2004 by AlphaOfTheOmega]

[Edited on 10-4-2004 by AlphaOfTheOmega]

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I found something interesting:

Why Is Adam Younger Then Eve

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
yeah thats what i was talking about.but if the first male was 80,000 years ago then how did this other person alive 60,000 years ago get his DNA into all males?

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
here's the story i saw ...

Details of the first hybrid human embryo clone have been released.

Details of hybrid clone revealed

[Edited on 10-4-2004 by Sapphire]

TPL

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

yeah thats what i was talking about.but if the first male was 80,000 years ago then how did this other person alive 60,000 years ago get his DNA into all males?

He was not the first male, his Y chromo survived something that killed off the other Y chromos.

TPL

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyspiritguide
o.k.....I am going to throw in my two-cents worth.

I believe in a combination of "Divine Creation", and Evolution. Saying that, it is not necessarily the Biblical Version of Divine Creation, either.

Also, isn't there reference in Jewish Text to "Lilith", Adam's first wife? The one where they had a fight over the......um......"dominant"-position during relations, and so she was banished from Eden?

If this is a re-direct, I am sorry.

Lilith left at her own accord, only then did God forbid her to return.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
ahhh.now i understand.but even so how did this other persons DNA get into everyone?

if that chromosome wasnt the first one then maybe there were males when eve was made/born.but i really want to know how this other guys DNA got into all the males?if he wasnt the first ever human male like adam then how did it get into them all?

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
"grin" well im pretty sure it wasn't due to Horizontal Bacterial Transfer

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
well im gonna do some research on this problem.ill post if i find anything

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
this thread might help:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics