It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weird things in the sky in australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
hey everyone i was in my back yard and i was looking at the sky and it was about 5pm it doesn't get dark here and these golden lines started apearing about 5 came every 3 min's i quickly tried to get a video of it and the camera couldn't capture it for some weird reason can anyone shed some light it was a golden line and keep going and vanished again then a few others came i was worried lol thanks

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
i saw some weird light in melbourne.

made a thread here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

where abouts in australia are you

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by piero

Could you have seen meteors? They have a gold line(tail behind them) .It seems there are a lot of meteors at the moment maybe we (planet earth) are going through an area of space that has a lot of debris.Check out the latest from Saudi Arabia.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
im in the gold coast for a visit from Perth and this thing was a VERY long distance and you had to focus on it just to see it but the point is that not even the video could capture it haha and also there were around 7-10 of them

im pretty sure it wasn't a meteorite

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
If the sun had set, or nearly set, then I'd say what you saw was almost certainly just contrails forming behind far distant aircraft and being lit by the setting sun. They can look like golden comets ......

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

nope there was around 7 in all different directions not just in a little place so it couldn't have been sun lit contrails :S

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by piero

If it couldn't have been comet tails and it couldn't have been contrails by your own reckoning, what are you suggesting it was?

IRM

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by piero
these golden lines started apearing about 5 came every 3 min's - - - can anyone shed some light it was a golden line and keep going and vanished again then a few others came

They may have been Crepuscular Rays

There are lots of other examples on that site. Here's an interesting Painting by Frederic Church

Did they look anything like these?

WG3

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
nope nothing like that on my video it apeared on it for like 2 seconds ill try and get a snap shot of it when i get my camera
ill try and get more descriptive it was just blue sky and this streak of gold or something like that just slowly sarted to appear and then kept going left then slowly it just dissapeared and then 2 more came same thing happend and i tryed looking for more then another few from another direction i dont know how to explain it but it was weird my mum was there and she said shes never seen anything like it
but as for proof ill show you maybe in a day when i can be stuffed lol im really lazy at the moment haaha

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

well honestly there is no explanation for it its just a mystery
quite weird to be honest i couldn't be meteorites or comments or anything like that because it took ages for it too go away

top topics

join