It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the removal of the moon destroy our planet?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I was meditating the other day when all of a sudden I saw something that shook me to the core and left me pondering all over the weekend and I knew at that moment I had to share it.

Basically, I was sitting at home just relaxing like I normally do, not meditating on anything in particular, I was just trying to understand it all (the world) when all of a sudden I saw, in focus, literally hundreds of thousands of homes swept away by a massive (Gigantic) tidal wave.

It was so real and extremely frightening, so much so I had a hard time trying to maintiain focus.

While I was viewing this, my perspective of the scene changed within a blink of an eye to the sky and when I looked on I could see that our moon wasn't in the sky? and in fact everything looked very different like some kind of giant gravitational reversal switch

Hear me out before you go on the attack,

This led me to think a little deeper I begun to think about Noah and the bible, I am not religious, but my views are that the bible has been re written to cover certain truths but others are still left in there. I believe there was a flood and I am starting to believe that maybe the placement of our moon caused the great flood, but the same old question lingers, who put it there.

What if our moon is indeed artificial like others have said and what if it has been put there for a purpose that we don't know about. For example what if its a fail safe for the destruction of human beings before they (we) destroy the earth?

What if, come 2012 our moon is taken away from us? would that cause a tidal wave? would that cause devastating to the planet? I don't know and I certainly don't have all the answers but would like to hear your views on his, which is why I am asking.

Another question I have is how did the mayans prophecise all of this, surely if they could see in to the future they could somehow transcend through time? and if they could physically why did they stay here for so long?

[edit on 19-1-2009 by franspeakfree]

[edit on 19-1-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Removing the moon would cause us no - end of trouble.
Tides would be reduced dramatically reduced as the pull of the moon and the sun both create tides, however without the moon the tides would be negligible.
Many animals use the moon for synchronisation such as mating / spawning, and of course there would be a mass extinction of werewolves!!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Interesting meditation info, I personally need to work on meditating myself, it is something most americans never do, when they relax they program themselves by watching commercials, resulting in no peace of mind.....

I think your dream? was symbolic, I think most people can inturpret their own dreams or visions if they think hard enough, since your the only one that saw it in detail it would be hard for anyone else to try, there are those dream symbols definition books and I don't believe those can possibly be accurate for one thing to someone can mean something different to another

On the moon, the earth will lose it in a few billion years or some insane number like that, it's not going to disappear, if it did who knows what would happen, but that sounds very impossible, besides if it's gone how is it gonna turn red, maybe the moon meant 1 month, did you see it a number of times? and if it was gone maybe it meant less than a month that is just a guess I don't know.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I had a similar thought not long ago, difference was I ask if or when the moon becomes a vast quarry of mines, and minerals start being removed for whatever purpose, then the density of the moon will change, this would surely effect the moons gravity eventually, so what would be the effects?

Would Mining the moon change the moons orbit

I don't think these scenarios have been carefully thought through by TPTB, or maybe it has and they don't care.

I even e-mailed several Scientists with the question, I e-mailed NASA, but not a single response, and it is a valid question, However it seems to be one they choose not to discuss at all.

Perhaps your thread will bring up some conclusions from members, IMO it does need some thought applied to it, no moon do we have a hope of survival? Very unlikely.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thebudweiserstuntman
Removing the moon would cause us no - end of trouble.
Tides would be reduced dramatically reduced as the pull of the moon and the sun both create tides, however without the moon the tides would be negligible.
Many animals use the moon for synchronisation such as mating / spawning, and of course there would be a mass extinction of werewolves!!

First off fantastic avatar, next, thanks for the info, so in effect then the removal of the moon would not cause a tidal wave of any sorts? or effect weather in anyway? thanks.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebudweiserstuntman

This. Simply not having a moon would not cause any tidal waves, but it would certainly be all kinds of trouble.

I can't really think of any way for the moon to just be gone, though. if the moon were removed, by, say, being hit with a large planetoid out of nowhere, that would cause all kinds of horrible destruction.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus

Interesting meditation info, I personally need to work on meditating myself, it is something most americans never do, when they relax they program themselves by watching commercials, resulting in no peace of mind.....

Damn straight, so many people I have come across lately have said the same thing to me. In fact I always say the same thing back to them, which is try switching the tv off and just relax without all the artificial blockers (tv and radio).

In regards to the dream state, I hear you, however, I dream everynight without fail (every night without fail) I remember all my dreams and share them with my partner when I wake up
. They are extremely vivid, where 90% of them I believe I am actually living in these dreams!.

I have been meditating for quite some time now prob over 14 years now. These meditive states seem to be more vivid and obscure recently, I am 100% sure I am not the only meditator that is experiencing this.

What I am trying to say is that I am in touch with my body and mind therefore, I can personally tell when a meditative state is about me. Am I making sense?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
I had a similar thought not long ago, difference was I ask if or when the moon becomes a vast quarry of mines, and minerals start being removed for whatever purpose, then the density of the moon will change, this would surely effect the moons gravity eventually, so what would be the effects?

Metaphorically,spiritually, or on this forum?

I don't think these scenarios have been carefully thought through by TPTB, or maybe it has and they don't care.

Possibly, but my gut tells me they have already started seeding other planets as they know that this Earth is doomed for us humans and its time for a spring clean.

Your on my wavelength azzllin, the way that life works is that this week you and I and others will see something either in the news or here on ATS that will answer these questions.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Hah the only thing it would ruin is the Saiyan race!

But on a more serious note I had a dream a week or two ago of my house being destroyed in a flood, and the sky was dark... I wouldn't say no moon because I could still see, but it was unusually dark. When did yours occur?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
There are any number of natural things on Earth which could set off Mega Tsunamis to destroy our cities, such as seen in your meditation.

One of them is the Cumbre Vieja volcano on La Palma Island in the Canaries, in the Atlantic Ocean just off the coast of Africa. According to scientists a vast flank of this volcano will one day fall off into the ocean below and destroy a number of large cities on the East Coast of the USA. Here are two scientific links:

www.benfieldhrc.org...

www.es.ucsc.edu...

I did read a report that the Moon wasn’t always there, and that it was elsewhere in the Universe and brought near to Earth to help stabilise our planet, so you could be viewing past history. I’m sure that some other ATS members will laugh about this though.

Undoubtedly we would be in trouble if the Moon wasn’t there, so I just hope that it stays there for as long as required. I’d be much more worried if the Sun went out though!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

We would be in very serious trouble. Apart from missing something beautiful, we would have no tides. The tide cycles are important for the sustaining of various kinds of life along earth's shores, and I'm sure we'd learn of things affected by the moon that we don't even know about currently. Even worse, the moon has helped to regulate and stabilize earth's rotation on its axis. In the long term, earth's tilt would go haywire, due to tugs and pulls by the sun and the other planets. The seasons as we know them would shift and change with disastrous results. At some point, earth's axis may even become close to coplanar with the ecliptic-- the poles would point directly toward the sun a couple of times per year. Let's hope the moon continues as it is for a very long time. As it is, it is very slowly moving away from earth. This movement is no threat to us for a very, very long time-- but that is bad enough.

Special Thanks to Emdrgreg who came up with this awesome answer.

The moon's gravity affects both the earth's path through space and the earth's shape. If the moon were to disappear, the earth's path would change but probably not enough to cause a noticeable difference. The earth and the moon normally orbit one another but the moon, which has much less mass than the earth, does most of the moving. Without the moon, the earth would just orbit smoothly around the sun. As for the earth's shape, the only part of the earth that responds noticeably to the moon's gravity is the water on its surface. The tides are caused mostly by the moon's gravity. Without the moon, the tides would be much smaller and caused only by the sun's gravity. Thus, in the long run, you would probably have trouble telling that the moon was gone without looking overhead--the earth's path wouldn't change much and you would have to look carefully to see the effect on the earth's oceans.

However, in the moments following the moon's disappearance, there might be some dramatic waves and a few stress-related earthquakes. The oceans and the earth's crust do experience substantial stresses due to the unevenness of the moon's gravity (it's stronger on the side of the earth nearest the moon than it is on the side of the earth farthest from the moon). But I doubt that the sudden change in stress caused by having the moon disappear would do more than temporarily flood a few coastal cities. One last effect worth noting is that the precession of the equinoxes, a 26,000 year process that shifts the earth's rotational axis in space and causes the stars that are overhead at night during a particular season to change gradually, is driven by the moon's gravity and would disappear if the moon were to disappear.

Moon disappeared?

Needless to say it wouldn't be good...lol...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya

Hah the only thing it would ruin is the Saiyan race!

But on a more serious note I had a dream a week or two ago of my house being destroyed in a flood, and the sky was dark... I wouldn't say no moon because I could still see, but it was unusually dark. When did yours occur?

Mine occured during a meditation on Saturday, can't get it out of my head at the moment this tidal wave was huge, absolutely massive, the size of a mountain! scared the hell out of me. This size of wave would kill literally millions.

Saiyan race - Tell me more are they moon dwellers?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

The info you provided sends shockwaves through my body, didn't nostrodamas predict the changing of the earths axis after the millenium? also to add he said in his quatrains Beware of the false prophet jurys out on that.

Thankyou for the information I appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tallsorts
I did read a report that the Moon wasn’t always there, and that it was elsewhere in the Universe and brought near to Earth to help stabilise our planet, so you could be viewing past history. I’m sure that some other ATS members will laugh about this though.

Where did you report it, can you let me know your views on the moon not being there? brought to earth as a fail safe or to help us? Iam going with the fact that it will be removed in order to transcend our race via mass destruction of the human body.

To strong? maybe maybe not, its impossible to try and explain a higher state of awareness on this level through a keyboard, do you understand what I say?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I think that was nostradomus. Anyway check this out:

Will the world end in 2012? Galaxies alignement?

The Mayan cycles were a bit more complex, such that every day in a 52 year period had a unique name from a combination of various different cycles (similar to the idea that there is a Monday 1st January only every 7 years or so). This 52 year cycle has is called a Calendar Round.

The name for a Mayan epoch apparently translates as 13 bactuns, which you can see is 13*144000 days or 5125.26 years (roughly). There is actually some minor disagreement over when the current Mayan long cycle started, but it was probably either August 11th or 13th 3114 BC, which means it comes to an end on either Dec 21st or 23rd 2012.

They talk about the calendar and the planets as well. The sun and the moon on the day of 2012.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Basically sounds to me this is normal everyone can have dreams or visions of tidal waves
Tidal waves or tsunamis suggest that you may be in a period of emotional upheaval. Anxiety, stress, and unconscious materials may be coming to the surface and affecting your daily moods. Giant tidal waves from your dream may be symbolic of current emotional unhappiness and psychological stress that may be threatening to destroy or uproot you. The outcome of this dream could reveal to you how much strength you have to "ride out" this storm. If you are not consumed, or you survived the tidal waves of your dream, be assured that you will survive the challenges of life and living.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
Where did you report it, can you let me know your views on the moon not being there? brought to earth as a fail safe or to help us? Iam going with the fact that it will be removed in order to transcend our race via mass destruction of the human body.

I have found the following extract from a book I have which I have typed, as the text isn't available on-line. I cannot say if this is correct, as I have no direct experience of the subject, but it was sourced from the Akashic Records by the author. I am sure that some ATS members will ridicule the idea, but I have an open mind on the subject, awaiting proof, if proof exists. In the quote she refers to our universe, and not any parallel universes.

Only Earth men are warlike at as the present time. The inhabitants of the other planets, although they have warred in the distant past, are now all peaceable.

Earth, the punishment planet, is the odd one out and, for the student’s interest, here is a list of all the inhabited planets in the entire universe: Yolland Allicay, Fos, Sol, Coul, Bos, Tet, Earth, Moon.

Yollond Allicay, known as the reward planet, is in the same solar system as Fos. Sol and Coul are in a different solar system in another galaxy. Bos and Tet are in a third solar system in a further galaxy. Earth is the only human-inhabited planet in its solar system and its galaxy.

The Moon is a unique case. Some of the evidence brought back to Earth by the spacemen sent to investigate it has been deliberately suppressed by governments because they found out that there were men already there.

The Moon is inhabited on the inside by about 200 men. There is a man-made covering around the moon which is several kilometres deep in order to protect the inhabitants from meteoric bombardment. It was guided to its present position about ten thousand years ago.

The Moon is a small planet which has been enlarged and built upon by people originating from Yolland Allicay. They built a spaceship and travelled to this small planet which was orbiting another planet in the region of Yolland Allicay. A protective shield, approximately seven kilometres deep, was built around the planet, fully encasing it. The casing consisted largely of titanium and took many generations of people to build. Their supplies were drawn partly from this new planet and partly from Yolland Allicay, the inhabitants of which were very highly developed in their technology and, by applying their skills in this field, discovered that there were other inhabited planets.

The Moon men are tall and very pale faced. As they live right inside the moon, they are constantly in artificial light. Their eyes take on a pinkish hue because of their unnatural lighting conditions. Their spaceships are kept inside the moon. The Moon men are not at all hostile but can defend themselves with formidable force should they be provoked first.

The extract is from a book by Mrs. A. Valiant published in 1991 from:

www.sphere8.com...

I hope this is of help to you.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallsorts

Nice, I understand exactly what this person is saying, don't worry yourself about ATS members ridiculing you, the way I see it there is a mixture of disinformers and trolls on this site (its easy to see whos who) however, there are a hell of alot more people that are looking for the same answers.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

I will check out the link you gave me many thanks.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Don't know about the moon being elsewhere in the Universe, the theory is that an asteroid collided with the earth whilst it was still forming into a solid mass and the matter ejected eventually settled into the earth's gravity to become what is known as the moon.

Had a quick look and found this link;

www.psi.edu...

Not entirely sure how credible this theory is however it does seem plausible!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join