It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO crash in Saudi Arabia - Millions Of Witnesses!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
I disagree with this.
The reason being that the regularity of meteor storms, including these spates of Bolides, is due to the regularity of the Earths orbit intersecting the debris fields left by other orbiting comets tails. These Bolides are not large enough to escape the Asteroid Belt on their own, they would be sucked back into the belt by the gravitational forces of the larger asteroids in the belt.

3. Meteorites do not result from cometary parent meteor showers such as the Orionids, Perseids, Leonids, Taurids, etc. It is felt that these objects do not have the required strength to survive atmospheric flight, and, in any case, the geocentric velocities are too high. Often the date and apparent direction can be use to establish a shower link to a fireball (although it appears that extremely bright fireballs are not produced by meteor showers).

Source: MIAC

Excerpts from the University of Calgary article about last November's fireball:

"It was a great experience to visit the Cascadia Meteorite Lab to see how they do things, and it has been fun to apply the things that we learned in class to a new meteorite fall,” said Milley, who is pursuing her MSc with Hildebrand in the U of C’s Department of Geoscience. “It feels good to be making a real research contribution. When we determine the orbit we will also know from where in the asteroid belt this rock originated."

The U of C researchers and their collaborators will now turn their attention back to determining the orbit for the space rock. The H4 classification matches the history of meteorite falls of this type that usually occur during the afternoon or evening. About 8 million years ago a large impact occurred on an asteroid of H composition and further studies will be done to see if Buzzard Coulee is another fragment from that impact. Although orbit evolution is chaotic, determining this rock’s orbit may help locate that impact. Knowing the fireball’s exact trajectory will also allow better planning for the spring searching.

Too small to be kicked out of the asteroid belt? I think not!

“I think that the number of individual meteorites that will be recovered for Buzzard Coulee will easily set the Canadian record for the largest fall recovery, but we still don’t know how big the biggest meteorite out there is, so we don’t know how much mass we can expect to be recovered of the approximately 1 tonne that fell,” Hildebrand said. The largest Canadian meteorite fall currently on record dates to 1960 when hundreds of meteorites fell near Bruderheim, Alberta.

Edit to replace "big" with "small"

[edit on 19-1-2009 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

This.

I don't know much about the science of it, but there have been several meteor sightings in recent months, so surely we have only encountered a momentary, concentrated amount of debris?

This is just interesting science, not an invasion.

And don't find it surprising that a highly religious nation would start talking about God, and Judgment, and the "End of the World!!!!!" before looking for a scientific explanation.

Humans are so predictable, and we've obviously not evolved too well if after thousands of years nations still look to the skies and immediately assume that a bright light is "God's judgment".

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Dunno, but if people can hear sounds resulting from meteors the mechanism for the sound may involve a transfer of static electricity, maybe what people hear is static discharge nearby... Perhaps the friction causes some strong ionization to take place...? It would sure get around the speed of sound limitation.

-rrr

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I saw the swedish meteor from northern Germany this weekend too. It's a little eerie that 3 meteors strike within a month all over the globe. Even weirder, the meteors all appear to be of the same size. Maybe something big is approaching earth and these meteors were just messengers.

Also, do you think the government would warn people? Of course not. Society would break down, everybody would panic. Anarchy would spread all over the world.

And even more... do you remember the movie Deep Impact... black president... does that ring a bell???
Just kiddin

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I feel it is my duty to report a seemingly identical inicident occurred in northern Europe, a few days ago (it is today the 19:th).

It made headlines in the papers, and I witnessed it myself.

A bright flash lit large portions of the otherwise blackened night sky, for perhaps one second, after which there was silence.

The official explanation was a "bolide" (not sure of the English term).

The phenomenon was observed in at least Sweden and Germany.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It was already said... but couldn't these just be precursors for the big thing?

Imagine the explosion that would create a large astroroid to shoot out into space. Wouldn't it have smaller elements flying in front of it just as behind it?

Scary stuff...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Im sorry to say it, but teh OP's video appears to be a fake....

Its just the Meteor that crashed in Australia....

Link

[edit on 19/1/2009 by Kliskey]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Ok, here is Sweden bolide (meteor) January 2009:

[edit on 19-1-2009 by hande]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Has any body here heard of project bluebeam? One thing i have noticed recentley in the uk is that there are a lot more stories on ufos in the main stream media. I cant help remembering reading about project bluebeam when i read and see the new2sw lately

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
From source article -

Note: A video initially linked here has been confirmed to have no connection to this event as was represented in various Saudi media channels. The video has therefore been removed as irrelevant to this story. The video in question was of a meteor sighting in Australia in 2006. Thanks to reader David Moore of Freemantle WA for pointing this out to us.
Should a genuine video come to light we will add a link.

There are two photo's that are legit in the article however. See the OP for link.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
these UFO's are government AND alien related.

The shadow government leaders ARE THEMSELVES THESE ALIENS.

You really haven't seen anything yet.
Sherry Shriner has been talking about this for years.

If you're a New Ager into UFO's - don't believe the lies - these are NOT benevolent.
NO ALIENS ARE GOOD.

They are in cahoots with the government leaders
In the coming few years you're going to see a lot more than just UFO's.

Your only hope is the Most High and His Son. You don't have to be religious - but you DO have to have a relationship with Yahushua (Jesus Christ - the REAL one).

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
In this thread the videos talk about seeing a great 'blue' star (exploding)....they state the centre of the galaxy but could there be any link......

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by formernewager
NO ALIENS ARE GOOD.

Quite a bold statement to make, don't you think? I don't doubt that SOME Aliens are evil, but as they logically should be individuals too, then there should also be good Aliens. Just as with Earthlings. That said, Earthlings are actually Aliens too, to other lifeforms on other planets.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Perhaps the title should be changed on this thread? highly unlikely a U.F.O. in the context of a alien spacecraft. Personally I love all these videos coming to light. With more and more cameras and recording devices in the general public we are seeing these fantastic images!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by archongod

the video that's being linked to on 4shared.com is the same video as this one i just saw on youtube. it's a meteor seen in australia. not sure of the date but some people commenting on it are saying they just saw it a night or two ago

sorry if this has already been addressed

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
sorry but this seems like a meteor to me.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The people on Horsell Common thought it was just an ordinary falling star too... the jets of green gas, the crash. Then of course the cylinder opened and the martians blasted everyone with their heat ray.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by boaby_phet

Three..
Sweden.
Saudi Arabia.
&
Scandinavia.

Like something bush would have said

I knew another American that thought Scandinavia was a country also.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I just found this article about these meteor sightings.
/74vgeg

[edit on 19-1-2009 by tarifa37]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join