It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO crash in Saudi Arabia - Millions Of Witnesses!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Al-Riyadh: a large meteor exploded amid a climate of the eastern half of the Kingdom of lights 9 كانون الثاني (يناير) 2009 ... أنا شفت النيزك يلمع من جهة الشمال في الرياض وانا اسوق السيارة على الدائري الجنوبي تقريبا الساعة 7 مساء الأربعاء كان بالفعل منظر عجيب ... January 9 (January) 2009 meteor ... I fail to shine in the north of Riyadh, and I give the car to the South Ring Road at approximately 7 p.m. Wednesday, was indeed a wondrous landscape ...
www.alriyadh.com/2009/01/09/article401042.html - 38k - نسخة مخبأة - صفحات مشابهة www.alriyadh.com/2009/01/09/article401042.html - 38k - Cached - Similar pages

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
Thanks but all praise should be directed to C.H.U.D. he was the guy who rumbled it and posted the proof.

Ah, yes thank you. I have edited my post to include C.H.U.D. in my comment.

WG3

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
www.alriyadh.com...نسخة%20مخبأة%20-%20صفحات%20مشابهة%20/

copy that into browser and use google to translate-the story is true the video is clearly BS

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by stewartw2

I can't get your link to work.. I think that maybe something did happen and there are photos on the news article ,however for some reason they have put the wrong video with it. Maybe some one could grab the photos from the web page and post them here as I don't know how.
www.--.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37 Maybe some one could grab the photos from the web page and post them here as I don't know how.

Here they are:

WG3

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Someone must have claimed to have taken the video there for $$$ amd just knocked it off the net. Doesnt really take away from the story as a whole. Perhaps a video will surface.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3

Originally posted by tarifa37 Maybe some one could grab the photos from the web page and post them here as I don't know how.

Here they are:

WG3

Ah thanks good pics very bright and blue.Is that the Saudi flag? Sure looks like it.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The author of the original article about the "crash" has added the following note:

Note: A video initially linked here has been confirmed to have no connection to this event as was represented in various Saudi media channels. The video has therefore been removed as irrelevant to this story. The video in question was of a meteor sighting in Australia in 2006. Thanks to reader David Moore of Freemantle WA for pointing this out to us.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Its the antichrist! head for the hills!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

If you stop the clip at the 18s mark, there is a distinct object that suggests that it is not a meteor. I have downloaded it onto my computer. Here are a couple of stills I grabbed off the video. I used the heat effect to get more of an idea.

Whatever it is is quite large and cools down quickly. It is an interesting video, regardless.

The original stills

[edit on 19/1/09 by rachel07]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The number of times these things crash, it is a wonder that they are an advanced society. We apparently have nothing to fear from "them," they cannot even use their own tech properly.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
That is a blue/green Bolide.
A type of large falling star also referred to as a fireball. These are chunks of space debris which are large enough that parts of it will normally reach the surface of the Earth. They come in a lot of colors, based on their compositions, and I have personally witnessed Blue, Green, yellow, white, and red ones. Additionally we seem to have had a spate of these lately, so the Earth is obviously traveling through an area where there is a higher concentration of these larger objects.

Yes, and if I remember right, isnt the belt in the galactic plane full of this huge rocks ? huge as small planets and all the funny stuff.. ??
Wich again we will plometh thrue in a few years time ? so this is going to get worse, I saw one my slef Nov.9th 2008, it 'just' missed the ground it seamed, and the one in canada.That is 3 huge on in 2 months..

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rachel07

I don't see what it is that your seeing. Obviously if I sit and play with all kinds of filters on the object I can probably make it look like anything I want it to. However, as that object is a proven Bolide that landed in Australia, and not the correct video for this incident, it seems somewhat pointless to try and prove it a UFO.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Yes, and if I remember right, isnt the belt in the galactic plane full of this huge rocks ? huge as small planets and all the funny stuff.. ??
Wich again we will plometh thrue in a few years time ? so this is going to get worse, I saw one my slef Nov.9th 2008, it 'just' missed the ground it seamed, and the one in canada.That is 3 huge on in 2 months..

I don't think that there is anything different in the ecliptic plane of the Milky Way as opposed to the space we are currently in. I think that you are getting the Plane of Ecliptic Plane mixed up with the Ort Cloud which is a cloud of debris that exists outside the orbit or Pluto.

[edit on 1/19/2009 by defcon5]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I saw a blue green bolide with a trail on Sunday night. Looking west toward Phoenix. I put my hands out at arms length and the trail was about a foot long.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Thanks for acknowledging my small contribution everybody

Your second one is another Bolide breaking up. They all fall in different, and depending on the angle, speed, and composition they can explode, break up, and be various colors. It could potentially be a piece of space trash, but as the military tacks most of the larger chunks, and as there was a meteor shower going on when that was filmed, it is most likely a Fireball/Bolide.

You were right with the second point of your answer - it's not a natural meteor

Links:
Russian Rocket Looks Like Meteor Shower

Space junk blazes through Western skies

Fireball over Colorado

Originally posted by iron_shiek
These look like they could finish us off - whats strange is it doesn't look like they are disintegrating very far from the earth's surface.

Yes, meteors can be very deceptive. It's common to hear reports that a meteor crashed down near by and so on, but in reality this is extremely unlikely. See the following link for a full explanation: www.meteorobs.org...

Originally posted by boaby_phet

why cant that ever happen in uk! (well, for me to see i mean)

Well, the Swedish fireball was almost certainly visible from the UK, although it would have been very low on the horizon, and therefore quite hard to see unless you were observing from somewhere very flat or high up.

Spend some time outside looking up and you will see some good fireballs, although obviously it's unlikely that you'll see one as bright as the Swedish one for example. I have personally seen many fireballs that were equal to or even a bit brighter than a full moon here in the UK.

Originally posted by TrueBrit
I concur with a previous post, which suggests we are passing through the tail of a larger object. Another possibility is that a larger object has broken into much smaller peices...

-snip-

One thing that makes me laugh is someones refference to these objects "EVEN breaking the sound barrier". These objects are known to travel at speeds in serious excess of the speed of sound. I mean I heard somewhere that this planet we are on travels at something like 62,000 kph or mph ... which ever (I cant remember to be honest). Not so suprising then that an object which falls to earth from space would also be traveling at ridiculous miles an hour??

These objects are more likely originating in the asteroid belt, rather from a comet like body as was implied above. If you check out the other thread, I've explained it there: www.abovetopsecret.com...

As for the speeds involved, natural meteors originating from within our solar system can enter the atmosphere with velocities ranging anywhere from 10km/s to around 80km/s at the upper end. In general, asteroidal material is at the slower end since it usually travels in the same direction in it's orbit as the Earth, which means it has to catch up before it can enter our atmosphere. Cometary material on the other hand is usually going in the opposite direction to us, so most meteor shower members (meteor showers are mainly from comets) slam into our atmosphere at much higher speeds than asteroids.

Originally posted by Waldy
reply to post by defcon5

Does anyone know what materials in the asteroids make the blue/green flares?

The composition of the object actually does not play as much of a part in the color observed as the gases present in the atmosphere do. Most of the light produced by a meteor is due to the air in front of the meteor being highly compressed (it's called a "bow-shock"). This process results in air molecules being excited, and emitting certain frequencies of light depending on the molecules involved. Oxygen emits green light when excited, and nitrogen emits red light when excited. If the meteor is in a part of the atmosphere where there is more oxygen, it will appear to be green, but it's composition may give that green light a blue hue.

Green is actually very common, since it's more prevalent than nitrogen at the height at which meteors burn up, so in many cases (where meteors are bright enough to detect color), the first color seen in a meteor is green.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

reply to post by rachel07

I don't see what it is that your seeing. Obviously if I sit and play with all kinds of filters on the object I can probably make it look like anything I want it to. However, as that object is a proven Bolide that landed in Australia, and not the correct video for this incident, it seems somewhat pointless to try and prove it a UFO.

Agreed. The case in question is a well documented meteor - there's no doubt it was a meteor.

I cant see what rachel is seeing either. I think rachel may be mistaking 'glare' for a solid object. Either that or the 'persistent train' that the meteor leaves behind it. Either way, it's normal in a case like this.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
These objects are more likely originating in the asteroid belt, rather from a comet like body as was implied above. If you check out the other thread, I've explained it there: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I disagree with this.
The reason being that the regularity of meteor storms, including these spates of Bolides, is due to the regularity of the Earths orbit intersecting the debris fields left by other orbiting comets tails. These Bolides are not large enough to escape the Asteroid Belt on their own, they would be sucked back into the belt by the gravitational forces of the larger asteroids in the belt.

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
Green is actually very common, since it's more prevalent than nitrogen at the height at which meteors burn up, so in many cases (where meteors are bright enough to detect color), the first color seen in a meteor is green.

I have seen about a dozen white, red, and yellow Bolides, but I have only ever seen one green/yellow one, and one bright blue one. The Blue one I saw was so bright blue that at first we all thought it was an aircraft emergency flare, it just did not look natural. Maybe the air down here near the equator is different then it is in other locations though. The green one I saw was near Detroit Michigan.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well I would like to say I'm glad the video of the Genesis Satellite crash was shown. I thought at the end it looked very fake, like a small mock-up half buried in a sand box or something.

But glad to see we have real footage which looks fake to compare to other footage of unknown crafts etc.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Whatever it was that fell over in Saudi, thats what gave the Al-Qaeda this so called "virus" recently thats been killing them off!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join