It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] One Ring Found so far ?....No.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Oh I am going to take a beating with this one I think...

edit** I did *.

[Edited on 10-4-2004 by smirkley]

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by smirkley]

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Uhhh...nerdling announced to several of us last night in chat that he had found it...I think you're going to have a contest on your claim.

I wonder how this is going to be handled in the future? hmmmm.

EDIT: (He even posted that picture in chat.)

[Edited on 4-10-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
edit*Yes I'm feeling a bit goofy now for even thinking it.*

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
That is not a real ring... a teaser as the actual hunt has not yet started. [Edited on 10-4-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well, the editor versus admin/mod question was discussed ad nauseum last night in chat. NO, he is not excluded because he is on the reporting staff. Only people who have access to cosmic (or have close relations to those who have access to cosmic - like me).

Nerdling does not have access to cosmic, therefore he is eligible.

As far as what he should have done (post here or there). I think that probably should be answered by staff.

My point is this - there has been no "rule" as to formal declaration. Nerdling told 1. me, 2. Springer and 3. (I'm almost certain) William last night in chat. He provided proof by giving the pic.

I think you got beat out, but let us wait and see what the ruling is.

Anyway - congratulations on your find, even if your claim gets beat. It was still real good work.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
issue resolved

life is good

the search continues!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
edit*OK maybe I am feeling a bit like I wished I hadnt posted this thread*

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Yeah, i found out last night and i was told after i found that others were finding it too, i dont know how many people have found it so far but i notified SO last night about it.

Ah well, when the hunt begins it'll be announced, still, its good practice, well done on solving

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Image updated.....ugggg,....now I will move on.....

But getting real serious about finding one of them !

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
the hunt begins 05.2004 Some of the current clues (such as what an actual ring would look like) provide a basis for understanding actual "official clues" once things actually begin. You have indeed provided the members of ATS who plan to participate with an important service of discovering one of the most important early clues... an image of a ring.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I forgot all about the date, S.O., my bad.

This has been interesting, and enjoyable in retrospect, and look forward to the hunt.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
May I ask what hint pointed you to this? The riddles?

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
wow am I psychic or what??? I posted this here on april 7th

www.abovetopsecret.com...

( quoting myself)

my guess , probably totally wrong
could it be a treasure hunt amongst the posts. A way of members giving the boolean search a good test and using clues as key words in the four areas to find posts that SO has edited with pictures of the rings. you would have to post all four post numbers to win the prize whatever it may be.
It's just a guess but if I'm wrong it would be kind of fun if something like that could happen.

before anyone had any idea or clues as to what was going on. I might not have been 100% right but it wasn't a bad guess was it.

(edit) I'm talking about the bit about the images of rings in posts cause the rest of it is obviousley way off

(another edit.) apparently on a scale of hot to cold with my idea of what is going on I am totally frozen. Ohh well back to the drawing board

[Edited on 10-4-2004 by pantha]

[Edited on 11-4-2004 by pantha]

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
you ask me i think you culd be spot on N1 Pantha

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Usually I am good with number/letter codes... But My brain is just blank right now and am totally clueless with this. I was going to participate in the search... but looks like I may have to back down.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
i'm totally lost with the game/puzzle. haven't figured out how these people are finding codes, decoding them, etc, etc...oh well, just gonna have to wait and see what happens and watch everyone else figure it out.

new topics

top topics

join