It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When I was young...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I have never mentioned any of this to anybody, and quite frankly it will feel good to get it off my chest once and for all. Even just putting words to it will ease things for me.

Everything started when I was thirteen years old. I woke up one night in a cold sweat.. everything around me was completely normal and quiet. I tried to go back to sleep and was hit with what I would learn later was a severe panic attack. I couldn't speak properly afterwards and it took weeks before I could sleep for a full night again.

About a year later is when the really weird events began to occur. I'll just briefly mention a few that stand out... though they were hardly rare.

1. One night I woke up unable to move. I was on my stomach with my head positioned facing to my left. I opened my eyes but everything was blurry. I could just make out blue lights and actually felt a cold surface. As soon as I started to feel my heart race, I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head and everything went black. I woke up the next day in my bed.

2. Had a similar experience with being unable to move that night, a few weeks later I realized I had a scar I didn't remember getting. On the inside of my right ankle is a very distinctive scar, though its faded considerably since then. Its about one inch tall, in the shape of a large A. The inside of the A is all scar tissue like a puncture while the legs are long and thin... both the same length and thickness.

Like I said, experiences like this went on for years. I was 20 the last time I experienced anything like this. Anyways, if any of this sounds familar to anyone at all.. I wouldn't mind hearing about it. Its baggage that Ive carried since I was 13, being 28 now I think its time to talk.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bcmonke

Welcome to ATS!

What do you think it was?

What would you like to think it was?

Have you investigated and honestly eliminated all the prosaic answers first?

IRM

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
this could be sleep paralysis which happens to alot of people such as me
or it could be something else :/

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I did a lot of reading up on sleep disorders because of this. Everything from paralysis to simple night terrors. Its the visual aspects of it that always left me feeling unsettled. Ive never had a waking hallucination or anything, so I can't really comment on how crisp and clear they would appear, or how truly vivid things would feel.

Like I said, this all happened when I was younger, and now everything is completely normal aside from the scarring.

And thanks for the welcome, I've never actually check out this site before, thought I'd see what others thought.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bcmonke

Well done bcmonke! You've already achieved what many can't - and that's 'critical thinking'. Nice one man!

IRM

new topics

top topics

join